Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19  (Read 39154 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19
« Reply #480 on: July 28, 2010, 04:53:54 pm »

I am. People who play insane usually are exactly that :(

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 28, 2010, 05:21:45 pm »

My primary experiences with Insane so far involve a Tech who liked to headbutt Harvester Spawn and me getting so sick of people running into the same two Parasites in the same spot of the Landing Bay over and over that I just stopped healing them if they did it.

Then I got a decent game with Cheee, a RL friend of mine, and some other guy, whereupon:

Does anybody else have the game crash on them when the host disconnects?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 29, 2010, 02:59:58 am »

Screw it, I'm not going to play insane anymore.
A russian yelling at some lvl 5 guy "you fucker fucking suck hahahahaha". Okay.  ???
A guy who first hacks the console before all doors were sealed and sentries were set up. Thanks.
That same guy who in the next run tries to use damage amps as mines: "Just trying them out". Not On Insane Level You Moron. Next he wanted to use the grenade launcher. I forbade it.

Epic-ish: the team sacrificing themselves creating a diversion so that the medic can run for the exit. True heroes...
Well, except when you're the only tech on a level that needs a tech and try to be heroic. That's just stupid again. It's a fine line.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 29, 2010, 03:42:03 am »

Epic-ish: the team sacrificing themselves creating a diversion so that the medic can run for the exit. True heroes...
Well, except when you're the only tech on a level that needs a tech and try to be heroic. That's just stupid again. It's a fine line.

There's always a fine line between heroism and stupidity...  Some lines are just more blatantly obvious than others.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 29, 2010, 06:47:52 am »

Look what I found! Bots in MP! At first I thought this must be for ye olde version, because when you type in the cl_ commands, the console doesnt suggest a proper command/spelling, but hey, I tested it, it works.

http://forums.blackcatgames.com/showthread.php?t=12996

The essence being:
So, to add a bot to your game:
cl_selectm (marinenum) (slot)
(marinenum) being numbers 0-7 for Sarge, Wildcat, etc. through Vegas, respectively.
(slot) being 0-3, for players 1-4, respectively. Slot number -1 can also be used to add to the first available slot.

To remove a bot from your game:
cl_dselectm (marinenum)
(marinenum) again being numbers 0-7 for Sarge, Wildcat, etc. through Vegas, respectively.

Thank me later, first roast some bugs :D

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 29, 2010, 02:37:34 pm »

Screw it, I'm not going to play insane anymore.
A russian yelling at some lvl 5 guy "you fucker fucking suck hahahahaha". Okay.  ???
A guy who first hacks the console before all doors were sealed and sentries were set up. Thanks.
That same guy who in the next run tries to use damage amps as mines: "Just trying them out". Not On Insane Level You Moron. Next he wanted to use the grenade launcher. I forbade it.

Yesterday, RedAlertFan and I played with a guy who kept using damage amplifiers instead of the medkits. I eventually shot him with the mining laser because I was sick of his shit.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 29, 2010, 02:49:16 pm »

Wow, you guys sure a vicious towards other players. What is this, some sort of pissing competition of who has worse teammates? That's so ridiculously sad.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 29, 2010, 04:25:40 pm »

Wow, you guys sure a vicious towards other players. What is this, some sort of pissing competition of who has worse teammates? That's so ridiculously sad.
I think it's more commiseration/particularly notable incident swapping. My experience with public games in l4d, back when I had access to internets that could actually so much as log into steam, not to mention update games and play them, was generally pretty bad, though I did run into a lot of decent or good players (all of whom I friended (some eighty or so; I only actually know two people on my friends list, only one of which is actually a friend (the other being Volatar, who was in one of my classes a while back, who added me when he saw me playing left 4 dead in class, and whom I haven't seen since), all but one of which accepted, which after a time left me with a large pool of good players to team up with, many of whom had friends who were also good).

I assume it's pretty much the same here, as I've heard alien swarm described as "left 4 dead, only with tyranids instead of zombies". I have yet to play it, due to aforementioned internet problems. I don't like this, because it sounds awesome (hilariously incompetent pubs notwithstanding). >:|
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 29, 2010, 09:29:27 pm »

Try insane with 3 other people you can game with, its a lot more fun than complaining about some dude who just wants to have fun.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 30, 2010, 03:10:30 am »

If that medic had wanted to have fun, he wouldn't have hanged out at the spawn point for the first 5 minutes of every game.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 30, 2010, 04:59:00 am »

Today in "People who have no place playing insane":

Deima Surface Bridge. Our tech had several chronic problems: First, the tech repeatedly wandered off or didn't seal the door to the lower path to the hack behind us when we DID make it through. Second, he frequently started the hack before we finish setting up in the rare occasions we got there at all. Third, if we somehow survived through that much, he had about a 50% chance of getting crushed by a door being beaten in by the aliens.

If we made it that far, he would wander off again until he died.

I quit that game.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 30, 2010, 05:28:59 am »

Good man.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 30, 2010, 05:36:06 am »

Yeah, it shouldn't have taken me until the second time he got crushed by a door to leave, but I figured that was a pretty solid indicator he wasn't capable of actually learning.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 30, 2010, 07:08:56 am »

My personal favourite was the guy who kept running off. And then complained about lacking teamwork  :D

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 30, 2010, 09:45:18 am »

Coping mechanism. I don't tell them in their face, so I need to vent my frustrations elsewhere, like here :)
And being bad at a game is not a crime, but pretending that you're good by playing Insane level when you're really incompetent is just not fair to your teammates.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37