Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19  (Read 39216 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19
« Reply #375 on: July 24, 2010, 03:58:10 pm »

I haven't noticed any wonky controls after being hit or infected.

EDIT: oops, late reply

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 24, 2010, 04:07:43 pm »

The reason you use the Medipacks for Infection is quite simple

You get 9 medipacks and an infection (or multiple infections) use 1... that is around 10%

The Medigun can use well over 20 of its full charge but generally speaking you will use 20%

Sometimes using both is a good idea.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #377 on: July 24, 2010, 04:15:24 pm »

The problem I have seen is that uninfected people crowd into the beacon as well, reducing its overall healing potential if they too are hurt. I don't think they even realize it.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 24, 2010, 04:17:18 pm »

The problem I have seen is that uninfected people crowd into the beacon as well, reducing its overall healing potential if they too are hurt. I don't think they even realize it.
I'm pretty sure the healing is the same for everyone, and isn't spread out to everyone. As in, four people in the beacon don't gain 1/4 of the healing one person would get.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #379 on: July 24, 2010, 04:19:06 pm »

I'm pretty sure the healing is the same for everyone, and isn't spread out to everyone. As in, four people in the beacon don't gain 1/4 of the healing one person would get.
The beacon has a finite amount of healing potential which is drained as people are healed.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 24, 2010, 04:19:32 pm »

I don't think it's that it gives less healing, it's that I think beacons have a certain amount of health they can give, so 4 people being healed at the same time makes it get used up quicker.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 24, 2010, 04:50:24 pm »

The beacon has a finite amount of healing potential which is drained as people are healed.
The beacon lasts a fixed amount of time no matter how many people are in. It has a fixed healing rate during its entire duration that doesn't change at all, doesn't matter how much it has healed, the rate is the same.

What changes is that the said rate is shared. One people in gets the full rate, two people in get half the rate each. But as soon as there's one people in, the rate is back to max, no matter how much it healed or not before.

So if that's what you meant with potential, then yeah.

I still like the beacon better than the medigun for all purposes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #382 on: July 24, 2010, 04:55:54 pm »

If that is so, why does the description say "When deployed, the IAF Heal Beacon will heal the wounds and infestations of all marines within its radius continually for 20 seconds or until the beacon's healing supply is exhausted." ?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 24, 2010, 05:00:13 pm »

If that is so, why does the description say "When deployed, the IAF Heal Beacon will heal the wounds and infestations of all marines within its radius continually for 20 seconds or until the beacon's healing supply is exhausted." ?
Cause it's description fluff.

http://alienswarm.wikia.com/wiki/Heal_Beacon

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #384 on: July 24, 2010, 05:03:04 pm »

Nothing on that page says the healing is unlimited and always lasts for 20 seconds no matter how much is healed. Also, it is a wiki and hardly definitive. We could test it though, quite easily. Have 4 people heavily damaged and drop a beacon, see if it still lasts 20 seconds.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 24, 2010, 05:05:46 pm »

Nothing on that page says the healing is unlimited and always lasts for 20 seconds no matter how much is healed. Also, it is a wiki and hardly definitive. We could test it though, quite easily. Have 4 people heavily damaged and drop a beacon, see if it still lasts 20 seconds.
Hmm, true. We should try that. In fact, I will go test it right now, since I feel like playing anyway.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 24, 2010, 05:09:04 pm »

Anybody else playing with an XBox360 controller? :D

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 24, 2010, 05:14:29 pm »

@forsaken1111

Just tested it, it drains out extremely fast when someone's mortally wounded, but much slower when everyone's just partially hurt. If you have 3 almost dead guys, one beacon lasts about 3-4 seconds only and is enough to place them about 50%. I'd guesstimate it heals about 150% of a marine's total hp.

So, shared rate and 150% hp total.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #388 on: July 24, 2010, 05:30:26 pm »

Good to know, thank you for testing it. I was going to after I had finished eating, but this works too.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 24, 2010, 07:09:37 pm »

Got insane campaign achievement. Was super intense. Congrats to all my teammates haha.

The winning team was LASD, Nilocy, LSTAR, and Umiman.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37