Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37

Author Topic: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19  (Read 39273 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2010, 01:31:05 pm »

I just played three of the most horrible games... first one everyone but me had grenade launchers and they kept grenading each other... and themselves, while I was the medic constantly patching them up... two of them died from all this blowing themselves up...

next level...no more grenade launchers... but one guy holds us up sitting there blowing up swarm while the rest of us want to move on, and then after he finally gets himself killed we head out to the elevator and another guy decides that after we've got there he'd rather run AWAY from the elevator and go blow up swarm as well, I go after him after a while, and manage to get myself killed in the process... I left after that.

Next game I join, there's two guys, one won't shut up, constantly complains about how much he's lagging, holds us up, takes ages to do the tech minigames.... the other does nothing but make obnoxious noises into his microphone and speak incoherently. Also I got shot so many times, that I died without getting hit by a swarm even once...

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 22, 2010, 01:36:47 pm »

Somehow, using adrenaline to hack a console seems like a really bad idea. Realistically, anyways.

Since this is Alien Swarm we're talking about, it sounds like a great idea. Everything gets cooler in slow-motion.
heh :D

The thing is... it's the part(s) of a mission, in which you can actually save a lot of time by using adrenaline. You cannot run faster when hyped up, but when it comes to seconds on the clock, you will have hacked "faster".

So speedrun=adrenaline hack, I guess.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 22, 2010, 01:36:58 pm »

Yeah, there's an achievement for getting through a level unharmed. Considering the average teammate's aiming skills, that's never going to happen.

I usually take more damage from them than from aliens.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 22, 2010, 02:02:35 pm »

Well itf finally works.

I'll probably still should wait for my new PC, since the FPS slowed down to a crawl once I reached the elevator in practice :/
You sure it isnt just the slow-mo?

Not sure.
I'll replay it once I'll be home again.

If it works out well, I can play with any of you who are willing to play.

Well it is a mix of slow motion and crappy fps.
Still playable, even very good outside that slow motion sequence.

So who is willing to play?
Name is [DFC]Mindmaker.

Also some sort of event for this game would be great.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 22, 2010, 02:05:48 pm »

I'm gonna play with a buddy now. Usually we're on skype and talking german, tho, so probably no voice comms.

Oh, while we're at it... somebody else getting windows sound setting changed by alien swarm? I swear it does that!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 22, 2010, 02:13:37 pm »

I'm gonna play with a buddy now. Usually we're on skype and talking german, tho, so probably no voice comms.

Oh, while we're at it... somebody else getting windows sound setting changed by alien swarm? I swear it does that!

I speak german by accident ;)
So I could join you sometime, if you don't mind.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 22, 2010, 02:52:07 pm »

Wow all of a sudden I cannot play the game... I should reset my computer

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 22, 2010, 02:57:52 pm »

You can join anytime and I sometimes even speak on ingame comms, but I dont know how those pussies I got for friends react on strangers in the skype conference, thats all I'm saying ;)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2010, 02:59:07 pm »

Finishing an entire campaign with cool people is fun. Even if they can't aim and persist in using shotguns on you at point blank range.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2010, 03:00:01 pm »

Yeah, there's an achievement for getting through a level unharmed. Considering the average teammate's aiming skills, that's never going to happen.

I usually take more damage from them than from aliens.

I actually earned that one on my second playthough. :D

I believe two people were using Tesla cannons, though, and the third actually had decent aim.

In achievement-related news... Peace Medic's harder than it looks. I tried getting it with heal beacons/medigun/power fist, and failed... because I was the only one on my team taking damage, and the "heal 300 points" apparently only counts your teammates. (Second time, we hung around at the exit for a while... and even then, I only just broke 300 points.)  ::)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2010, 03:37:29 pm »

You can join anytime and I sometimes even speak on ingame comms, but I dont know how those pussies I got for friends react on strangers in the skype conference, thats all I'm saying ;)

Well germans tend to be weird in voice-chat xD
But since you're from bay12 you're bound to be good :P

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2010, 04:12:12 pm »

So I'm willing to play as well.

But I'm utterly confused on how to play with you lot with steam since I've only begun using it recently.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #252 on: July 22, 2010, 04:15:19 pm »

But I'm utterly confused on how to play with you lot with steam since I've only begun using it recently.
What is your steam name?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 22, 2010, 04:17:11 pm »

If you post your Steam name here, we can add you as a friend and invite you to our games.  ;)

Although I don't use it personally, try the DF Community group. (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dwarfortress) Check out the chat room there; I hear there are frequently B12ers looking for team members.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 22, 2010, 04:17:31 pm »

Get people's Steam account names, friend them (or have them friend you by providing them with yours), and ask around your friend list until you get people to play with you.

I went through the entire campaign on Normal with just Umi and Vlynndar, 3 person co-op, no bots. Vlynndar was Tech all the time, I was Medic most of the time, and Umi switched around.

That last map is probably my favorite, though it was also the map we had to restart the most I think. V barely got anywhere before he killed himself with the Grenade Launcher the first time (he had just unlocked it), which was pretty funny. We almost had to restart again, due to V dying right after the final tech-thing, and then I died soon after, and Umi barely made it onto the rescue vehicle before he died to the final swarm.

It was fun.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 04:25:31 pm by Zai »
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37