Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Best Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 23170 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Best Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34:27 am »

Conflict : Desert Storm, co-op, blind, hardest difficulty. Many hours of extreme carnage and incredibly PAINFUL tank encounters, ended by orgasmic pleasure when we finally beaten it. On PS2.

Dungeon Keeper 2 - no words are needed here

MGS3 - best storyline evaaah

BG2 - BG2
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2011, 08:02:19 am »

Most of the Star Ocean games. I liked the SNES one the best.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2011, 11:33:14 am »

Heroes III of Might and Magic. I've played this for ages. Never finished any of the campaigns, never aplyed any of the 2 expansions until recently and never played it online. But it still the best game I've ever played :)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2011, 11:38:37 am »

As a kid one my favorite games for the SNES was Shadowrun.  It pretty much introduced me to the cyberpunk genre and I loved it.

As an adult I loved TF2 for a long time, but I quit playing it a few months ago because it started to feel to much like work.  (I miss the old TF2).

One of my favorite under-rated games was the Sly-Cooper trilogy.  I had picked up #2 from a bargain bin at random a long time ago thinking it would be a "meh" game, but it was incredibly fun. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2011, 11:39:10 am »

I could just say what well-known games I like, but pretty much everybody likes them anyhow.

One of my favorite games is The Movies and its Stunts And Effects expansion. Sure, it's not perfect, but I've spent countless hours with that game.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2011, 01:34:41 pm »

Yeah, the Movies was fun. Unfortunately I can't find my disc to install it on my current laptop! :(
Wish developers would start making fun "tycoon"ish games again.

Let's see...

Sonic CD was great; it had a superb soundtrack (US version, that is), good level design, replayability, great atmosphere, and a nifty time-travel mechanic.

Skies of Arcadia is my favorite RPG, as it had a good story, great setting, great music, cool boss battles, memorable villains, and lots of charm. Its only flaw was that it was a little too easy.

Jak II is another one of my favorites. It had a great story, great setting, great characters, comedy, and great levels. The only things I can fault it for are its forgettable soundtrack and travel times between levels (while its nice to soak in the atmosphere, driving back and forth along the same streets gets old after awhile).

Unreal Tournament 2004 has a special place in my heart because it was the first game I played online multiplayer on... and it was insanely fun to boot! It also had a great soundtrack and a superb modding community that added a plethora of new, quality content.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 01:37:31 pm by Flying Carcass »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 12, 2011, 01:55:43 pm »

Shadow of the Colossus, Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Paper Mario are the ones that spring directly to mind.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2011, 02:06:12 pm »

Shadow of the Colossus, Age of Wonders, Demon's Souls, Dwarf Fortress, Live a Live, Monster Rancher 2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Civilization series. Among others.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2011, 02:14:46 pm »

Civilization II.

I wouldn't say it was the best game I ever played. But just that fact that my Dad (Who doesn't like video games) introduced it to me and used to sink 40-50 hours on a MP game together made it one of the most memorable experiences that I ever had.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2011, 10:28:33 pm »

Dungeon Keeper 2 - no words are needed here

Naaah! First was much better. While first was like "We are evil forces of darkness, BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!", second was like "We are eebil forces of darkness, tra-la-la-la-la!". You know, much less gloom, much more lights. Torches everywhere! Bah!
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2011, 10:51:38 pm »

Heroes III of Might and Magic. I've played this for ages. Never finished any of the campaigns, never aplyed any of the 2 expansions until recently and never played it online. But it still the best game I've ever played :)

Started playing again recently (after my good comp trew up the ghost) Solmyr is still as awesome as he was. Pying highest difficulty is so rewarding, i really hope Heroes of might and magic 6 bring back the flavor, 5 was nice but too much eye candy and not enough playability

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2011, 11:53:56 pm »

Master of Magic, Civ 4, Morrowind, Europa Universalis 3, Fallout 1,2,3, Dungeon Crawl Stone soup, Garrys Mod (not sure if this counts cause it's a mod), HL series, Total war series, and most recently Portal 2.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2011, 02:39:53 pm »

I'll put forward

FFT, FF7, Crisis Core, Wild Arms 2, Ratchet and Clank (all of them, although Up Your Arsenal was my favorite), Dwaaarf Fortress, and Red Alert 2.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2011, 05:53:45 pm »

Oh, where to start.

Shadow of the Collosus is an absolutley gorgeous game. Beautiful graphics for the PS2, loved the boss fights, intuitive combat, Heart wrenching story. I'll be damned if this isn't the best fantasy game I've ever played.

Half life 1 is a good one as well. It was, essentially, what brought me into the next stage of nerdiness, and got me into PC gaming. The graphics aren't to bad, the combat is fun as mess, the AI is juuuust stupid enough, but still poses a challenge. I loved the story, and it had me glued to my shit laptop from the second I started it.

Dwarf Fortress is up there as well. It has a very steep learning curve, but once I got past that, It became a vast wonderland of Megaprojects, Ale, and Elf corpses. All rendered in beautiful ASCII

They Hunger is a magnificent mod for Half-Life 1, ranking up as my favorite single-player mod of all time. It has a great storyline, and really departs from the cliche that most zombie games set forth. It stayed true to it's timeline, And I never once thought I was shooting headcrab zombies in a re-skinned black mesa.

While I'm at it, Sweet Half-life is a good one as well. It takes the Half-Life engine to new heights, involving a branching story line and vast battlefields, as well as many factions to fight against. Of course, the Black Mesa crew gets a redub, with the Scientists, once pathetic wastes of CPU power, now with HEV suits and .357 Magnums. Every plot point, from the mute girl with curly hair, to the R.A.C.E. invasion, had me hooked.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2011, 09:25:04 pm »

The original Team Fortress. It was just masterful.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15