Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Best Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 23197 times)

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Best Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2010, 05:58:35 pm »

Balders Gate
I also really like Planescape Tournament. Just joking, no offense. I'm doing lots of typos myself.

Shit, yeah Baldur's Gate

I will add:
The Sims series
Homeworld
Ultima Vii
Shadow of the Horned Rat
Total War series
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2010, 06:10:59 pm »

I have another game: Monster Rancher 2 for Psx. It is little bit like pokemanz but its much more complex.
OH MY GOD How did I forgot that? It's a classic monster raising sim, and it's better than the later MRs (excluding possibly the DS games, which were actually quite a bit of a return to MR2 style raising but with similar graphics to MR4). I still play it on my PSP (I use CW Cheat to get whatever monster I want; otherwise I'd be stuck with a very small selection of monsters due to not being able to really utilize the Shrine. It's a little cheap gameplay-wise but it's nice to have MR2 be portable).

Also, yeah. I must include Pokemon as well. For a specific game I'll go with Soul Silver, as it's a remake of my favorite Pokemon game (nostalgia!) with the most recent mechanics included.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2010, 06:40:02 pm »

James Bond 007: Goldeneye. That game was amazing.
Mario Kart 64, Legend of Zelda: OoT, Super Mario 64, and the original Super Smash Bros.  These were some of the best console games ever created.

I'll have to say that the original Gold and Silver versions were also some of the best handheld games.  (the later ones get no love).
I grew up on N64, and I haven't played many PC games.

Also I love Rush 2. Can somebody help me here? Please tell me that somebody outside of my family has played this game. 
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2010, 02:24:17 am »

What? Only one mention of Doom in two pages?! And only one mention of Heroes of Might and Magic 3 either?
I'm so disappointed in you folks.

Also, Elite, its remake Oolite, and probably most of the games made by Spiderweb Software.

Vahan

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2010, 04:05:10 am »

lol it's funny how so many people have managed to spell the name of their favourite games wrongly.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2010, 05:51:55 am »

civilization  III (want civ V when it comes out)

Lol, what? I've heard Civ I, Civ II, and Civ IV as best game.. but that's the first time I've seen anyone say Civ3 :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2010, 05:57:52 am »

Oh shit, really?! I never got anywhere in CS and I didn't understand a lot of what I was doing, but I loved that game.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/, about four news posts down. Dialogue script was basically done last December; most of what's left is menu-work, near as I can tell. Some internal issues with th'group according to their forums, but a release by 2012... maybe, just maybe. Be worth the wait :D

I have nothing to add to the thread (since my preferences for games tend to shift around wildly and my memory is kind of bad), but I had NO IDEA that there was actually a group working to translate Chaos Seed.  I thought I had seen it declared nigh-impossible for various reasons.  I will have to keep an eye out for this, then.  (Oh, it seems they're the group who did the Mystic Ark translation I didn't play (as opposed to the one I did play), too.  Huh.)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2010, 12:20:50 pm »

I don't think I've personally experienced many glitches in DF. Not that I can think of right now anyway.
Boiling Freezing Leather.
Acid Rain.
Planepacked.
Spontaneous Water Freezing. (?)

Planepacked doesn't count, that's not a glitch any of us have experienced except the creator.

On the contrary. It's caused by a dwarf going into a mood and using an above ground workshop while all dwarves are ordered indoors. The dwarf will repetedly gather the item it's on because it thinks it hasn't gathered it yet. That's why Planepacked had a lot of stone in it, that's what the dwarf was trying to gather when they were attacked.

I have to add Baldurs Gate:Dark Alliance 2. The ending was lame, but as far as dungeon crawlers go it's worth two or three playthroughs.

I enjoyed Jak 3, wish I had bought it instead of renting. It was especially fun to start a civil war - if a wastelander's shots missed you and hit another guy, he would shoot back at the first guy. If he missed and hit someone else... chaos ensued.

Tropico 3 was a surprisingly fun game. It was like Black and White 2 without the creature, which was nice as they totally butchered the creature system in Black and White 2.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2010, 01:54:11 pm »

civilization  III (want civ V when it comes out)

Lol, what? I've heard Civ I, Civ II, and Civ IV as best game.. but that's the first time I've seen anyone say Civ3 :P

Some people really love Civ III, and I have no idea why.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2010, 02:45:23 pm »

First and absolutely foremost: the Close Combat series. I had the Close Combat II: A Bridge Too Far demo when I was 4-6 and today I'm going to be playing the Gold Juno Sword mod for Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy. I have played this series every year of my life since.

Comanche 2.0 for DOS.
Starcraft.
Warcraft III (5200+ hours logged on battle.net on one account).
Pokemon Game Boy Games.
Riven
Age of Empires II: Age of Kings + Expack (Immensely surprised NO ONE listed this. It has to be some sort of heresy to gaming...)
Battlefield 1942
Empire Earth (The first one, not the increasingly terrible sequels)
Railroad Tycoon II
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Dragon Age: Origins
Sonic the Hedgehog for Genesis (Seriously, more lack of mentioning?)
Sonic Adventure I for Dreamcast (That's right, I own one)
Metroid Prime
Final Fantasy VIII (Admittedly it's the only FF game I've played most of)
Road Rash II for Genesis
Super Mario 64

Dark Eternal (Freeware RPG made with RPGMakerXP by Zenosoft) almost makes the list.

I can't readily think of more at the moment, it seems I'm completely overcome with nostalgia begging me to revisit old classics...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:13:36 pm by Chaoswizkid »
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2010, 03:06:38 pm »

zelda: OOT, Rome total war, Company of Heroes, Mario 64, Morrowind, cossacks european wars, super smash brothers, mario kart, battlefield 1942 and 2.

*coughIfeelignoredcough*
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2010, 03:13:09 pm »

Sorry, editing my post now. Indeed, I did skip through most of that once I got slightly past the zelda, as I was too eager to make my post after finishing reading the thread.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2010, 04:35:44 pm »

I would love Ocarina of Time if it were not for the game breaking water temple bug.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2010, 06:57:26 pm »

Water Temple bug?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2010, 07:08:57 pm »

Arcanum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcanum:_Of_Steamworks_and_Magick_Obscura

Ah well and Deus Ex obviously, Diablo 2 for MP but it didn't age well imo.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15