Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Video Game Music  (Read 6523 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Music
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2010, 10:51:04 pm »

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2010, 10:58:18 pm »

Everything from Myst. Everything. That's a pretty wide variety, but it's all good. Put it on shuffle. Try skipping between the tracks if you're not liking it. There's always something good.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2010, 06:52:55 am »

These three tracks from Blood. They made the game sound more serious than it was.

Also, I just remembered Terra Nova. You can't really listen to it outside the game since all the related music files are divided into pieces that got put together differently for each mission, with common themes for given planets and music switching to combat tunes during engagements. But in general, the music is what drove you on when nothing was really happening.

And the bandit camp theme from STALKER: Clear Sky. It's just funny having a firefight to the death with this music playing from a nearby radio.

EDIT: Also, Daggerfall tracks in general. Different music for different occasions, including different weather and times of the day.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:47:35 am by Virtz »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2010, 12:39:37 pm »

Iji can have some pretty hardcore music, and the credits music + credits images make me tear up every time.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2010, 12:57:32 pm »

MGS series
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2010, 02:37:59 am »

Ahh, Iji, also good.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2010, 04:56:28 am »

Anyone remember BigMog?  :(

...There's a song I've been trying to find for years and years that I heard on there, but I have no idea what name it was / where it's from / whether it's even game or anime.

Bigmog? Hell yeah! Bigmog for President! I remember downloading random things from him all the time back in the day.

Onto my favorite game music:
Final Fantasy VII Main Theme Orchestra version
Spathi from Star Control 2
Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry in fact alot of the old sierra music is still awesome.
Insert giant Monkey reference here.
Doom

Can anyone tell that I grew up playing dos games?
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2010, 05:15:26 am »

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2. You may nto remember it, but the music is perfect for the mood and immersion.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2010, 05:26:05 am »

Icewind Dale II had better music. It just wasn't as good a game as them, though.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2010, 06:28:23 am »

Holy crap! Nobody mentioned

Smooth operetta? (remix from "The Flower Duet" from Lakme)
or
Cannon in D? (no typo :P)

Basically everything from "Boom Boom Rocket", well, according to taste, of course. You might say "Rhythym games don't count", and that those songs are nothing more but remixes... but still, it's creative and you never heard those operas in those versions. So give that stuff a listen.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2010, 06:49:17 am »

Golden Sun. There's a reason it's got its own Crowning Music page on TVTropes.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2010, 06:51:08 am »

Golden Sun. There's a reason it's got its own Crowning Music page on TVTropes.

Hah, yeah.

My personal favorites are Jenna's theme, Saturos/Star Magician's boss music, and the Fusion Dragon boss music.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2010, 07:18:07 am »

I've always been partial to the endgame overworld theme in TLA, the Sol Sanctum theme (there's a great remix on that page), and the Saturos theme (of course). Venus Lighthouse is pretty great too. I like basically every song in the series quite a lot though. Motoi Sakuraba is a genius.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2010, 09:55:57 am »

My favourites are probably Tales of Symphonia, Kirby, Cave Story...and probably others that aren't coming to me at the moment.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6