Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49304 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #495 on: June 17, 2011, 08:11:28 am »

In regards to the fable games, after beating every side mission, uncovering every secret and beating the first fable within 20 hours, I never looked again at any of the other games. It was a good example of why I wait now for the hype to die down and see what other people are saying about games before buying them.
Yup.

The first Fable got such incredible press that I ran out to buy it right away.  Played the hell out of it...  Explored every nook and cranny...  Completed all the side quests...  And was done in no time.

Surprisingly shallow game.

Haven't bothered with any of the sequels.

I was what, 13, 14 when I got Fable. It was the 2nd most complex RPG I had ever played, after Elder Scrolls Morrowind. I loved it, and I still love it. There is one thing though, that has kept me coming back: the humour. I can laugh all day if I'm playing the story of Fable 3 and Fable 2.

EDIT: Also Chesty in Fable 2/3. That little sociopath is awesome.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:16:09 am by Gamerlord »

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 17, 2011, 09:09:24 am »

The Avatar tie-in game. I liked the movie, even if it ripped off Pocahontas and Dances with Wolves for its plot. The game was utterly inexcusable though.

I got it for Christmas and decided I may as well try it out even though it's virtually guaranteed to be bad. The actual gameplay itself was not entirely awful, if dull and repetitive. The over-the-shoulder perspective felt a bit weird as I'd never played a shooter with that perspective before, but I got used to it. What really got to me was the storyline, specifically how the game handled alignment choices. At first you are allowed to do a few missions as a human and then as an avatar to get a feel for the game but then you are abruptly forced to make a decision, side with your commander or this random avatar scientist, attacking the person you decide to go against. The scientist had been excruciatingly unlikable up to this point so I, not wanting to betray my species for this ass, decided to help the commander kill him. The scientist immediately shoots an arrow through my avatar's heart effectively cutting off half the game for me. So I go on with the human missions, committing mass genocide against a never-ending stream of na'vi warriors until I reach what I assume was the last or second last level. Here a na'vi chief decides to not be a total idiot and surrenders. He then forces me to make another choice, kill him or side with him to achieve our mutual goal of taking down the human commander who had gone crazy in his lust for blood. I should add that I had made up a complicated backstory for my character. To sum it up, he was on Pandora to escape the horrors of a civil war that had killed his family. So obviously this guy has seen enough bloodshed and thinks that by joining with the na'vi he can end it. Nope, screw that! The chief just wants to use me. Immediately after I make the (irreversible) decision he tells me to go kill the one character who had shown me a little compassion. I do that and then throw down the controller in disgust. Damn giant blue elves.

I like to think that my character, utterly disenchanted with both the humans and na'vi, steals some life support equipment and goes to live out the rest of his days in the jungle.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 17, 2011, 04:46:19 pm »

...no good RPGs for the N64? While there certainly weren't many... there was Super Mario: Legend of the Seven Stars. That's plenty to make up for the rest on it's own.

On an unrelated note, I think this thread is the last remaining scrap of Pathos still around...

For N64 Aydin Chronicles: The first Mage.
Featuring slow gameplay but frankly the best rpg on the system.

There was a Harvest Moon game, if that counts.

I hope you do not mean the SNES one..

But really, which one are you talking about?
Some are worse than others I can agree on that.

It was on the gamecube, you know the one. The one where you can only plant and water one plant at a time, your watering can held like 5 units of water, and you had to water your plants more than once a day. They slapped a bunch of land for you to plant in but never would as a big "$*% you".

WoW. It blew. I prefer runescape because I can turn it off quicker.
The game cube one received a terrible port to the ps2.  Imagine that game only really slowed down due to lag.  UGH.

(The best Harvest Moon games are: The original, the ps1 game, the gameboy advance mineral town one which is an improved version of the Ps1 game.)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 18, 2011, 10:41:46 am »

(The best Harvest Moon games are: The original, the ps1 game, the gameboy advance mineral town one which is an improved version of the Ps1 game.)

Popular opinion says Harvest moon 64 is the best one.
Well since I agree with popular opinion, I have a reason why. Its because of the characterization, the charm and the exploration. The game asked a lot from you so it started slow but half way through it gets gold.
If you really think its bad then I suggest you give it another try.
Oh and the GBA versions are the most addicting ones but they are easy as hell.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 18, 2011, 04:24:33 pm »

I have never played this game before, but it looks like the worst commercially-available game I have ever seen in my life.  Here's a complete walkthrough with some commentary.  It's only about 9 minutes long or so.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CornshaqGaming?blend=23&ob=5#p/u/59/CpucmcgH8TE

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 18, 2011, 08:50:50 pm »

FATAL dear god the horror oh god please  :'( i can't stop it aaaaaaaaaah!!!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 18, 2011, 09:23:18 pm »

Wait, you have actually PLAYED that game? You poor, poor soul...

Still, you have just taken out a nuke at a knife fight.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 18, 2011, 09:58:12 pm »

Wait, you have actually PLAYED that game? You poor, poor soul...

Still, you have just taken out a nuke at a knife fight.
Three turns in, after a month of making characters a troll with a 8" penis OH THE HORROR  :'( I kid you not
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 18, 2011, 10:00:52 pm »

I still don't believe that's an actual game. It's a parody that got out of hand. No one should be able to write that in a serious tone and not hang themselves in shame.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 18, 2011, 10:17:29 pm »

I still don't believe that's an actual game. It's a parody that got out of hand. No one should be able to write that in a serious tone and not hang themselves in shame.
Self delusion is a powerful thing.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 18, 2011, 11:12:27 pm »

Self delusion is a powerful thing.
Was an actuall game my friend found the PDF of it and we thought it would be funny to try a game ( he has no experience Gming)
so him and a few other guys make chars so i join in, we after a long time, finished, we were dropped into a generic setting, a town pleading for help from an evil troll, my friend being a perv as he is made the game clusterfucked from the start.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 18, 2011, 11:51:16 pm »

Harvest moon: A Wonderful Life. The game was fun enough for me, but the problem is that your time is limited. What kind of harvest moon game adds a time limit to your gameplay? After every single thing you collected, the game ends without an option to new game +.

Needless to say, I was very dismayed.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 18, 2011, 11:57:09 pm »

Pen and Paper RPG?

Scion.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 18, 2011, 11:59:46 pm »

One Chance. It's a flash game, if you didn't know.

It's based on story, even though the story's utter shit. The "you only get one chance!" is simply a pathetic gimmick.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 19, 2011, 12:26:35 am »

For the record I played ET The Extra Terrestrial as a child on the atari.  It is actually worse than they say.  Nothing makes sense at all.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35