Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49325 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #435 on: May 19, 2011, 10:55:31 pm »

Resident Evil 4, PC version.

A great game ruined by a very, very shitty control interface.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 19, 2011, 11:13:36 pm »

Digimon World 2.

Loved the first one, it was a decent chunk of my childhood. Was in a hurry to rent the second when it came out.
Was terribly disappointed. An interesting game became yet another party/turn based JRPG with unfun mechanics that made little sense.
You could fail a mission just by moving too many tiles in the dungeon!

Aggravating.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 19, 2011, 11:17:11 pm »

I fully understand Digimon World 2...

It takes grinding to the next level.

It can take hours to get a digimon to the levels where you feel right combining it.

However the game honestly can expect upwards of 50 combinings...

As for failing because you move too much. It was because it functioned with an energy system. For the most part this isn't a problem if your up to date.

MIND you I grinded the bejebus out of the game.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 19, 2011, 11:19:43 pm »

Digimon World 2.

Loved the first one, it was a decent chunk of my childhood. Was in a hurry to rent the second when it came out.
Was terribly disappointed. An interesting game became yet another party/turn based JRPG with unfun mechanics that made little sense.
You could fail a mission just by moving too many tiles in the dungeon!

Aggravating.
The second DW game is utter junk, like you said. I can't believe Bandai swapped the whole Vpet thing in DW1 for a poorly slapped together RPG in DW2.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 19, 2011, 11:20:57 pm »

I don't know... I see a lot of effort being put into Digimon World 2 and not a slapped together game.

MIND you... it means that it isn't a poorly slapped together borefest... It means it is a poorly put together borefest.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 19, 2011, 11:26:00 pm »

Team Fortress 2

Horrendously repetitive gameplay
Obnoxious community

Highly overrated game.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 20, 2011, 12:14:04 am »

E.T.

Yes, I've played it. Holy crap was it terrible. I even knew this at the ripe age of four (although, at first, I thought it was just me not knowing what I was supposed to do.) Played it again at 10, just because it couldn't be that bad, and put it back away. The next time I played it, I was 20, and did so out of BileFascination.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 20, 2011, 12:42:31 am »

Worst game I ever played?
Hmm.. let me think.. think back, quite a while back..
Wait, not so far away back at all..

Must have been one of these new "Tycoon" games.. They don't make them as they used to.  :'(

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #443 on: May 20, 2011, 01:05:32 am »

Team Fortress 2

Horrendously repetitive gameplay
Obnoxious community

Highly overrated game.

Tut-tut.

War themed hat simulator.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 20, 2011, 02:20:22 am »

Also FF13. Didn't even kinda seem like Final Fantasy anymore. Hated it.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 20, 2011, 05:02:19 am »

Oh, and I HATED Mercenaries 2! Seriously, the first game was good, actually quite realistic, I really liked it.
Then number two was just this massive freaking... Well, number two! Seriously, I'm glad you mentioned it-It has to be the suckiest game I can remember playing. Even beating out Just Cause 2. >:( One of the game-things I like more than character customization, at least in shooters, would probably be realism. :P

At least it's trailer had a great song?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 20, 2011, 06:40:33 am »

From older games:

Hype. It was about lego knight or something. Oh gods, puzzles and jumping was just urgh. Especially that it involved time travels between four eras (so if you do something in Era I, you can reap the reward in Era II and so on).

From newer games:

Final Fantasy XIII. Just... why, Square? Y u no give fantasy world WITHOUT crapload of flashy sci-fi with robots and whatnot? Whyyy? I did managed to play VII, X and even XII. But XIII was just pure bleh.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 20, 2011, 07:13:54 am »

People rag a ton on DotA-esque communities, but the first complaint I've always heard when people try one is "Why is this game trying to be a bad Warcraft 3 mod?" or "Why would you use an RTS engine for a game where you control one character?".
If they'd make one that really breaks away from the WC3 mod design, and starts doing its own thing I'd probably try it.

Then it'd be newSkool and not oldSkool, and they lose the hardcore players. Which - unsurprisingly - make up nearly a 100% of the paying playerbase.

Worst game played this year: FFXIII from the bargain bin. I knew it wouldn't be awesome - last FF I played was XII and felt that was 'meh' - but I needed some distraction that weekend. My god, I have rulers (the geometric devices) that are less linear than this. I like linear, but this is like a shooter on rails. Mashing the attack button will get you through 90% of the fights as well.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 20, 2011, 10:03:35 am »

Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi.

Horrid fighting game. Got way too much hype.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 20, 2011, 03:18:15 pm »

A Boy and His Blob.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35