Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49362 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #420 on: May 14, 2011, 05:21:25 pm »

The sub-games, honestly . . .

They're pretty bad, and I was glad to see that they're really tough to find now.

You go die in a fire.

You must have not played multiplayer.

Multiplayer in CoD games isn't really fun out of splitscreen. Though Modern Warfare 1 was at least fun, two was a spotfest and I didn't bother with black ops.

Anyway besides that little outburst...

I think the worst game I can remember playing, in my opinion... Probally Operation Body count.

Obviously stolen pasted over graphics, unbalanced gameplay, really silly parts like having to fight GIANT RATS. Terrible all around, especially if you consider that capstones earlier Corridor 7 is a flawed but playable and enjoyable FPS.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 14, 2011, 05:25:14 pm »

Enter the Matrix.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 14, 2011, 05:30:56 pm »

CoD Modern Warfare 1, CoD Modern Warfare 2, CoD World at War and CoD Black Ops.

They were fun for the 2 hours it took to finish them. I wanted a game that didn't feel like I found it on Newgrounds.
You must be quite spoiled with your game quality if the worst you've ever played is a mediocre shooter.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 14, 2011, 05:42:53 pm »

Multiplayer in CoD games isn't really fun out of splitscreen. Though Modern Warfare 1 was at least fun, two was a spotfest and I didn't bother with black ops.

[/quote]

Black ops actually has rather fun multiplayer. Aside from the six year olds proclaiming that they are the shit, it's fun.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 14, 2011, 07:10:16 pm »

Black ops actually has rather fun multiplayer. Aside from the six year olds proclaiming that they are the shit, it's fun.
[/quote]

And the fact that matchmaking just plain doesn't work for some of us. And the fact that parties are STILL completely fucked up, even though Treyarch and IW (pre-firing) have had three games to fix their issues.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 15, 2011, 02:07:20 pm »

If Brink shows up in this thread…

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 15, 2011, 04:11:16 pm »

Any DoTA. How is this 'genre' so popular??

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 15, 2011, 04:41:23 pm »

Most games spawned by movies, usually developed to get a quick buck by riding off the success of a popular one.

There are some gems out there, but...
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 15, 2011, 04:47:40 pm »

Diablo-style gameplay, plus upgrading characters, plus PvP, plus Creeps, equals entertainment.

I'm not defending it, I'm just trying to 'splain it. Personally that whole genre strikes me as a giant spam fest where one guy games his special abilities to end out ahead of everyone else. Rinse and repeat that over 30 minutes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 15, 2011, 04:51:05 pm »

Modern Warfare 2 demo. I was from the CoD 1 days, back when it was Garands and Mausers shooting in Hurtegenwald. Now its all OMGZ UAZ SHOOT IT SHOOT IT IGOT KILLSTREEK ARISTRIKE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Utter bullshit.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 15, 2011, 05:31:14 pm »

Diablo-style gameplay, plus upgrading characters, plus PvP, plus Creeps, equals entertainment.

I'm not defending it, I'm just trying to 'splain it. Personally that whole genre strikes me as a giant spam fest where one guy games his special abilities to end out ahead of everyone else. Rinse and repeat that over 30 minutes.

I've never been able to get past why the genre clings to engines that emulate the Warcraft 3 engine. DotA felt like it was awkwardly stuffed into the WC3 engine when it was just a mod, so I expected later additions in the genre to move onto bigger and better implementations.

People rag a ton on DotA-esque communities, but the first complaint I've always heard when people try one is "Why is this game trying to be a bad Warcraft 3 mod?" or "Why would you use an RTS engine for a game where you control one character?".
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 15, 2011, 05:35:05 pm »

The biggest problem with DotA is the community.  Otherwise I loved the game.  Nice team challenge.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 15, 2011, 06:01:59 pm »

People rag a ton on DotA-esque communities, but the first complaint I've always heard when people try one is "Why is this game trying to be a bad Warcraft 3 mod?" or "Why would you use an RTS engine for a game where you control one character?".

Isn't Diablo just a reworked version of the original WC engine, anyways?

I've only played DotA, not LoL or HoN or the other derivatives. But I assume it's because people just really love the faux-isometric perspective gaming and point n' click. I tend to not play MP games that are totally point 'n click driven. People always want to play the Tower Defense mod at LAN parties, and I'd just as soon flay myself with a melon peeler.

If they'd make one that really breaks away from the WC3 mod design, and starts doing its own thing I'd probably try it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

PivAd

« Reply #433 on: May 15, 2011, 08:22:32 pm »

I don't really hate any game.

But if I'd say the worst? A LOT of gameboy games and ds games :/

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 15, 2011, 08:29:19 pm »

Dog's Life. Definitely. It was hilarious, though. One of the glitches sent you flying through the ceiling. :D
I played it for hours, though. Hm...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35