Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49361 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #405 on: May 13, 2011, 10:07:17 am »

The worst game I've ever played is probably Saints Row 2.
Besides earning respect by wearing bra's the steering was horrible and that's pretty much what you do half of the game.
What?

The steering was fine for me.
When I played it it was like I could only make 45 degree turns...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 13, 2011, 10:08:24 am »

The worst game I've ever played is probably Saints Row 2.
Besides earning respect by wearing bra's the steering was horrible and that's pretty much what you do half of the game.
What?

The steering was fine for me.
When I played it it was like I could only make 45 degree turns...

Were you playing on console or PC?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 13, 2011, 10:09:32 am »

I personally loved Saints Row 2 to death and I found the driving much much more enjoyable than GTA 4. It's very responsive and the brakes actually do something when you're going fast.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 13, 2011, 10:14:16 am »

The problem with the PC version of Saints Row 2 was that the steering was horrendously over-sensitive compared to everything else for some reason. Although I think it was fixable with some tweaking. Might've been some option that messed it up by default (not directly related to controls, I think).

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 13, 2011, 10:29:02 am »

Saint's Row two... The gameplay was kinda fun, in a mindless violence way, and as I've said elsewhere I'm a sucker for character customization, but the whole freaking retarded "Yo sup homie-dawg" rubbish ruined it for me.
Why I liked GTAIV so much more than other GTA games, the departure from the completely moronic characters.
Well, partly. In what I played of it (never finished it), you got a slightly closer to realistic morons:interesting characters ratio. :P

Also, in Saint's Row two, I could never give my character a good ol' boy Southern accent. Never forgave it for that. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 13, 2011, 10:51:19 am »

Why I liked GTAIV so much more than other GTA games, the departure from the completely moronic characters.
Well, partly. In what I played of it (never finished it), you got a slightly closer to realistic morons:interesting characters ratio. :P

Are you calling Tommy goddamn Vercetti a moronic character?

Also, I played the 360 version of SR2, not the PC so that's probably why I didn't have a problem with the steering.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 13, 2011, 12:02:41 pm »

Yeah same here, Saints Row 2 steering on Xbox 360 is sweet. More gamey/arcade feel than GTA overall, and that applies to all aspects of gameplay. But, I thought the game was fun as hell..especailly tossing chumps over the side of bridges..very addicting
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 13, 2011, 12:15:51 pm »

SR2 on PC using the 360 controller just for driving AND playing it with the wife? Gaming bliss. Very few cooperative games approach it for sheer, mindless fun.

I've played so many terrible and forgettable games, finding a "worst" among them is going to be a serious challenge. Once I post this, I'll probably think of something even worse.

I'll go with Battlecruiser 3000 AD. It described everything I wanted in anything ever on the box (this was at least a decade and a half ago, 'net DLs were not at all common). Got it home, had to try every trick in the book to get it to even install, ran it ... five hours later I had to admit that it was terrible. Back to the flight / tank / sub sims.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 13, 2011, 02:42:22 pm »

The sub-games, honestly . . .

They're pretty bad, and I was glad to see that they're really tough to find now.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 13, 2011, 05:29:07 pm »

Mercenaries 2 for the PS2.

I have had the first for fuckknowshow long, so I figured this would be a good buy.

WRONG

Horribly ported from the 360, over half the features are missing, over half the missions are missing, and the cutscenes are pieced together in piss-poor quality if you play as Mattias, and even then it still sucks.

I spent two hours playing and I got to the last mission.

Pure, unadulterated, suck.

They're pretty bad, and I was glad to see that they're really tough to find now.

Sub-games?

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 13, 2011, 05:39:56 pm »

Mercenaries 2 for the PS2.

I have had the first for fuckknowshow long, so I figured this would be a good buy.

WRONG

Horribly ported from the 360, over half the features are missing, over half the missions are missing, and the cutscenes are pieced together in piss-poor quality if you play as Mattias, and even then it still sucks.

I spent two hours playing and I got to the last mission.

Pure, unadulterated, suck.

Sub-games?

Submarine.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 13, 2011, 07:49:36 pm »

Are you calling Tommy goddamn Vercetti a moronic character?

Actually, I never played Vice City, so I wouldn't know. But I played all of the ones after that, and ugh. :)

Oh, and I HATED Mercenaries 2! Seriously, the first game was good, actually quite realistic, I really liked it.
Then number two was just this massive freaking... Well, number two! Seriously, I'm glad you mentioned it-It has to be the suckiest game I can remember playing. Even beating out Just Cause 2. >:( One of the game-things I like more than character customization, at least in shooters, would probably be realism. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 13, 2011, 09:27:24 pm »

EVONY

I could leave it at that, but...
-Dragon Age. Possibly the most railroady, time-waste RPG I've ever played. (Of course, I've never played FFXIII, so...)
-Mass Effect. Again, massive waste of time, the planets sucked, there was way too much mindless collection of useless trinkets.
-All of the dungeons in Oblivion. I loved the game, but the copypasta dungeons... If there is one thing that they need to get right with Skyrim, it would be that.
-Hearts of Iron III. Reading LPs is fun. The game is utterly dull. This coming from someone who plays Galactic Civilizations II games on massive galaxies out till the end via conquest victory without getting bored.
-CoD:Black Ops. Maybe I would like the game if those Treyarch dipshits hadn't fucked the multiplayer matchmaking so badly that it is literally impossible for me to connect to a game. Although killing zombies as Nixon was pretty awesome.
-Ninety-Nine Nights. One of the grindiest games I have ever played, and it wasn't anywhere near good grind.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 14, 2011, 10:54:43 am »

CoD Modern Warfare 1, CoD Modern Warfare 2, CoD World at War and CoD Black Ops.

They were fun for the 2 hours it took to finish them. I wanted a game that didn't feel like I found it on Newgrounds.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 14, 2011, 05:12:00 pm »

CoD Modern Warfare 1, CoD Modern Warfare 2, CoD World at War and CoD Black Ops.

They were fun for the 2 hours it took to finish them. I wanted a game that didn't feel like I found it on Newgrounds.

You must have not played multiplayer.

Or payed attention.

Or played on a difficulty higher than green.

Or were sober while playing.

There is NO FUCKING WAY you are clearing the carnival level in MW in any time less than an hour, unless you are playing on green.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35