Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49445 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #345 on: October 04, 2010, 10:00:30 am »

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait....wait. You're telling me that fanboys secrete money!? That's it, I need to buy a house with a basement and put chains up.
Yes they do secrete cash. But only to their favourite game company.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 10:03:36 am by Medicine Man »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 04, 2010, 10:01:14 am »

See my sig. Excrete money for me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 04, 2010, 10:02:46 am »

I just excreated cash. Sadly it's being shipped off to Toady as we speak. Good day! *Detonates the C4 as he absails out of the forum building*

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 04, 2010, 03:07:48 pm »

I don't know that Toady would like money like that. I mean, it's great that you're supporting Dwarf Fortress and all but nobody wants to look back on Dwarf Fortress when it's finished and realize that it was literally built on shit.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 04, 2010, 05:25:51 pm »

The entire Halo series. They don't change at all in gameplay, all it is is sticking to a formula of gaming that they know the fanboys will cream about. Fanboy cream = $$$ for companies.

Yes. This is how you make money.

See also, the "New Coke" fiasco.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #350 on: October 04, 2010, 06:47:40 pm »

The PS1 port of Hidden & Dangerous. The PC version had its problems, sure; stealth never seemed to work, it was easy to glitch through the floor and lose a team member in places and the learning curve was almost as steep as the original Ghost Recon. But for all that it was a genuinely fun and challenging game; the AI wasn't bad for its day, and the difficulty was never about the computer being able to do things your PCs couldn't. The graphics weren't anything to write home about but they did the job, and the level design and models showed some impressive attention to detail.
The PS1 port turned the game into a generic FPS with graphics that would have been mediocre five years previously. It wasn't even squad-based anymore; your 'teammates' basically functioned as extra lives. I didn't even bother finishing the first level.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Classico

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 05, 2010, 12:05:28 am »

Universal Combat. Yes, it was a simulator, however it had several annoying issues, mainly the documentation reffering to almost each and every control as a abbreviation and not specifying the actual default keymapping. Example: Activate FSMP by pressing the FSMP key.
 That tells me F-ing NOTHING.

And, it's unplayable because of the fact that the options menu crashes the game. Either figure the bajillion keys out for yourself, or never be able to play the game, ever.

I've not read the other 23 pages of the thread.

With that said, I expect real world peace before an enjoyable and understandable Derek Smart game becomes available.

EDIT: I had something else profoundly enlightening to say before I realised I was drunk at 03:00.
Urist McRipley: I say we take off and flood the site with magma. It's the only way to be sure.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 05, 2010, 12:37:14 am »

I don't even know why I started playing it, but Dark Orbit.  It's like a Runescape-ized version of EVE that's been shat all over and tossed in a bonfire, then half the good code deleted and the other half made shitty.

And yet some people spend cash on it.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 05, 2010, 01:09:27 am »

DragonFable.

It's just like Adventure Quest on levels of pathetic boringness.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 07, 2010, 08:55:19 pm »

Dwarf Fortress...

when playing as an Elf!    :D
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 07, 2010, 09:31:48 pm »

The PS1 port of Hidden & Dangerous. The PC version had its problems, sure; stealth never seemed to work, it was easy to glitch through the floor and lose a team member in places and the learning curve was almost as steep as the original Ghost Recon. But for all that it was a genuinely fun and challenging game; the AI wasn't bad for its day, and the difficulty was never about the computer being able to do things your PCs couldn't. The graphics weren't anything to write home about but they did the job, and the level design and models showed some impressive attention to detail.
The PS1 port turned the game into a generic FPS with graphics that would have been mediocre five years previously. It wasn't even squad-based anymore; your 'teammates' basically functioned as extra lives. I didn't even bother finishing the first level.
They... they made that for PS1? Why?
Granted, it was fairly decent on Dreamcast(except, mainly, the AI), but there's no way the PS1 could handle that graphics load. Thankfully, the "Deluxe" remake is free. Granted, teammate AI is still dumb as sand(that's what co-op is for) and 100% of your enemies are still genetically enhanced SS(who can snipe you with an MP40 - which 90% of them have - from several hundred meters away. In the rain).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #356 on: October 08, 2010, 12:53:38 am »

They... they made that for PS1? Why?
Granted, it was fairly decent on Dreamcast(except, mainly, the AI), but there's no way the PS1 could handle that graphics load. Thankfully, the "Deluxe" remake is free. Granted, teammate AI is still dumb as sand(that's what co-op is for) and 100% of your enemies are still genetically enhanced SS(who can snipe you with an MP40 - which 90% of them have - from several hundred meters away. In the rain).
I never had that big a problem with teammate AI myself; given a 'follow me' command they'd do a pretty decent job of watching your back, and they were at least as capable of hitting the enemy as the enemy was of hitting them.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 08, 2010, 05:24:39 am »

I'm so picky about the games I play, I have nothing that stands out. My game library is top-notch.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 08, 2010, 05:26:50 am »

Postal 2.

It feels as if the creators didn't give a damn about the quality of their game.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 08, 2010, 05:53:16 pm »

I would have to say that this game is the worst of all games, first open the first spoiler then the second, then third.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35