Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49514 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #270 on: August 08, 2010, 06:08:00 pm »

Tekken one was horribad. Tekken 4 is fine, though.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 09, 2010, 12:25:01 am »

I quite like Tekken 3,but it was nothing really special.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 09, 2010, 12:21:08 pm »

I DONT LIKE FIAITING GAEMS AT ALLLL!!!!!!!
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2010, 05:01:35 am »

I DONT LIKE FIAITING GAEMS AT ALLLL!!!!!!!
Lolwut?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 10, 2010, 05:03:23 am »

He doesn't enjoy games involving two people fighting each other.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2010, 05:05:35 am »

Oh.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 10, 2010, 05:15:39 am »

How about games involving several?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 10, 2010, 07:38:10 am »

How about games involving several?

If they are in the fighting games genre then I will most likely not enjoy the game.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2010, 04:33:39 am »

I got one...
Hotel Giant...........

Bought a gamespack which had 4 games on one disc, old games that had gone out of sale. Now I am one to do the right thing and buy my games so I did so...

Hotel Giant was a game I never tried before but always wanted to, one of those games you know, Well I got around to installing it today, it was all going smoothly till I tried to start the game proper (actually play it from the menu screen) and low and behold. It crashes...

So I go google the Patch, cause sometimes that fixes things right? Wrong....
It makes a different file that don't connect with the others so it thinks that there is no CD in the Drive, Fail Much....

So I go Google fixes and stuff that I could do, turns out that JoWood can't be fucked fixing it themselves cause the game was made for a system that no one uses any more...

THEN WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL LETTING COMPANIES ADD THEM INTO GAME PACKS!!!!, It happened in England too, and this was 2 years ago that the first reports came in, even earlier I think...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 15, 2010, 07:48:56 pm »

The Witcher

Bumping this because I've got to admit I was wrong about this game.

First off, I dunno if you're talking the original or the enhanced version, but the enhanced version seems pretty solid and bug free.

I first tried this game a year ago, on a way under spec system, and I wasn't impressed. It wasn't the bad performance for me, it was the tutorial and combat and honestly the characters and the writing. I did 1/2 the tutorial and said "screw this, I don't know what people saw in this game."

Now I'm playing it on a good system, and I made myself get through the tutorial...and you know what, this is actually a damn good RPG.

-It's got a pretty complex character system. (Almost like it was designed specifically to seem complex though.)

-The alchemy is very nicely done. Lots of flavor (historical names of ingredients) game play extended to the logical conclusion (parts to find off of monsters, plants, experimentation) all that jazz. That getting better in alchemy requires you to learn about the world and monsters was a smart move.

-The flavor and the story are quickly growing on me. While the world feels pretty generic in macro (it's got the issues of "these names sound like they came out of a fantasy name generator"), in detail it's pretty good. It's got a lot of classic RPG feeling to it, and I like the bestiary, as each description is like an actual hunting guide for monsters. You get a sense of European attachment to myth and lore, which is why I always enjoy fantasy games from Europe. They seem to connect to the setting in a genuine way that often eludes some American devs.

-The voice acting isn't the greatest, and half of villagers and guards sound like they came straight from Fable. A minor complaint though, the voice acting is passable.

-The combat is still....meh. I just don't like how it handles and I don't really like the combo system. But I've barely even gotten started unlocking stuff.

-The sex and "hurr hurr Man-stuff" is alright, a little over played. I'm starting to enjoy Gerhalt as a hero though and the dialogue is improving over the rushed introduction in the tutorial. Is it just me or does no one's tone seem all that surprised that Gerhalt isn't dead?

-The game has some beautiful UI work. It's NOT intuitive and NOT readable, and in some screens there's way too much going on, but the art is delicious.

-Little touches. The people moving around each area give it some nice life. The meditation to gain levels and the camp fires is cool (although please stop giving me flint.) The weather effects are cool. At night it's FUCKING DARK, dark like I have not seen dark in a video game for a long time. It really adds to the atmosphere, and makes stuff that helps you see in the dark actually useful.

I still have some lingering "there's a reason I didn't like this game when I first tried it" feelings but I can see now why people liked this game. The theme may be hit or miss, and the RPG aspects may be as well at times, but there are a lot of good things going on in this game. I sort of chalk it up to it being a European game maker and them having their own interpretations of what works and what doesn't. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is sort of the same way. The UI screams "we're not a AAA American game company!"
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 07:58:23 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 15, 2010, 08:05:37 pm »

If they are in the fighting games genre then I will most likely not enjoy the game.
At what point does a fighting game shift into other categories? I find it very hard to think of a game that does not involve fighting in some way. In FPSs, you are fighting, but it is with guns. In Mario, you are jumping on the enemies to hurt them. In empire building games, you are commanding large groups of people to fight.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 15, 2010, 11:48:14 pm »

Wrong thread
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:04:36 am by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 16, 2010, 12:01:06 am »

Worst game I've ever played into any amount was probably World of Warcraft. For consoles, most likely Elder Scrolls 4.

I hate games that let me be a wizard, and somehow make being a wizard unfun.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 16, 2010, 03:56:29 am »

The Witcher

Bumping this because I've got to admit I was wrong about this game.

Also, Enhanced Edition is only $20, last I saw it on the shelf at the store, so there's no excuse not to get it any more. You're easily paying 50 cents per hour of entertainment, possibly less.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 16, 2010, 08:14:57 am »

At night it's FUCKING DARK, dark like I have not seen dark in a video game for a long time. It really adds to the atmosphere, and makes stuff that helps you see in the dark actually useful.
This is something I really miss these days...

Seems like there aren't a whole lot of games that are willing to make nighttime/darkness truly inconvenient.

I remember playing EverQuest...  And when the sun went down, you couldn't see anything.  Carrying a torch took up a slot.  Made elves (with infra/ultra-vision) downright advantageous.  Light spells, or items that had a light effect, were incredibly handy.  At night there was a genuine concern that you'd stumble into something you didn't want to be fighting.  And if you had set up camp, it was the elf or the guy with the best lighting equipment who wound up pulling...  While the rest of you huddled together and hoped you didn't lose sight of each-other.  Fun stuff.

STALKER did night very well...  But made it almost too easy to get your hands on night vision gear.  Which was, itself, somewhat limited...  But it was too easy to mitigate the darkness.  Either with night vision, or a flashlight, or simply finding a well-lighted area to hang out in until morning.

And every RPG I've played recently lights up the night so well that it might as well be daytime.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35