Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49512 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2010, 02:10:27 am »

I have to say, complaining that DoW2 was too much like an RPG when a hybrid RPG/RTS was what they were going for strikes me as odd. Maybe they just implemented it badly.

Also, the only Final Fantasy I've played is number 10. Did anyone else just listen to Dude Looks Like a Lady the entire time they played it? I did. Sure as hell couldn't follow the story.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2010, 02:14:06 am »

Also, the only Final Fantasy I've played is number 10. Did anyone else just listen to Dude Looks Like a Lady the entire time they played it? I did. Sure as hell couldn't follow the story.
This made my day.

That's what I think of when I see most JRPGs.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2010, 02:14:40 am »

I have to say, complaining that DoW2 was too much like an RPG when a hybrid RPG/RTS was what they were going for strikes me as odd. Maybe they just implemented it badly.

TIDUS, SIN IS YOUR FATHER.

Also. Tidus, you're not real.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2010, 02:28:26 am »

Nostalgia/derail combo:

The original Myst. No plot, no substance, no payoff. Sequels? At least 3. Faith in humanity? Approaching negative.

I did finish it though, out of spite. Wasted time I'll never get back.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2010, 03:49:50 am »

Man, anyone ever played Phantasmagoria? That wasn't exactly the deepest of point-and-click adventure games around.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2010, 04:40:26 am »

Every Terminator game (except for Redemption) is terrible.And Fable 2,alright it was fun but it is easy as piss and the shortest game I have ever played.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2010, 05:31:41 am »

I rented Superman 64 once, on the recommendation of a friend. I don't think I can ever trust him again  :P
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2010, 06:49:15 pm »

My main problem with DoW 2 was technical.

They created the Essence Engine 2.0 for DoW 2, ostensibly to take advantage of all the graphic goodness....and it managed to be less interesting, less flexible and less detailed than the Essence Engine 1.0. The quality gap between Company of Heroes and DoW 2 is staggering. Side-by-side, Dawn of War 2 looks like a cheap knock off of the Essence Engine. It's one of the few times where I've seen technology actually fucking regress, despite how shiny it looks.
Uhh... what? I've played both quite a bit with maxed settings and AA, and DoW2 looked significantly better than CoH. It also ran faster than DoW1 with similar unit counts, at least on my machine.

As for the whole gameplay style, someone else said it nicely: Once you get into the fluff of WH40k, you tend to appreciate DoW2 more than DoW1. DoW1 with mods was fantastic though, like Firestorm Over Kronus.
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2010, 07:26:31 pm »

TIDUS, SIN IS YOUR FATHER.

Also. Tidus, you're not real.
Pretty much.

And once you realize that, you'll also see how completely messed up Yuna is.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2010, 09:41:02 pm »

I dunno. The WC3 and TFT campaigns were fun. Single player against the computer, on the other hand, blew chunks, the computer was way too damn good. Online mode, especially before WoW (after that, for some reason all the american servers were inundated with Korean players who, despite ping upwards of 300, could still kick everyone's ass). But even for the full box price it was still worth it for the single player. Multi-player was just the cake to go with the icing.

Darwinia is probably the most recent bad game I played. I could be wrong, I never got through the first level. The walkthrough was darn near useless, there was no backstory or even explanation. It was frustrating. Which is a shame, I've heard it was very good, but I guess it's not my type of game.

Well, you could change the computer's difficulty. And vanilla WC3's AIs were beatable. TFT's "insane AI" was nasty, through. 2v2 with you and an insane AI vs 2 insane AIs were more balanced, however.

Now for my pet peeve, of a popular game that I disliked:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
seriously, I found the gameplay hollow as a halloween pumpkin. It had no depth as either a a tactical game, a war game, or a building game because all those aspects were simplified too damn much.
The spinoffs, however
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
were far better in those aspects.
as they had far more gameplay aspects, far more indeep.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2010, 04:29:53 am »

I've just played it. It's called Splinter Cell Double Agent. I manged to miss it when it first came, but finally picked up a cheap copy the other day.

It has many, MANY faults which I could rant about, but the one which has made me not continue playing it this. Last night I spend about four hours on it, battling past semi better than the original Xbox graphics and models, it's stupidly long loading times, the strangely awkward controls but to getting to a point that I though seemed that I would continue playing it.

Until I went to play it today. It turns out that Double Agent DOES NOT AUTO SAVE. Now I understand some games having to manually save in (such as a RPG for example), but all modern games I've played which use a checkpoint system also SAVE THE GAME AT THE SAME TIME. What the hell Ubisoft?
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2010, 04:40:57 am »

It has a checkpoint system but doesn't save? Isn't that like getting a pop up that you've arrived in a town but there's no town?

There's... it doesn't...

Just...  Why..?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2010, 05:11:45 am »

Darwinia is probably the most recent bad game I played. I could be wrong, I never got through the first level. The walkthrough was darn near useless, there was no backstory or even explanation. It was frustrating. Which is a shame, I've heard it was very good, but I guess it's not my type of game.
Darwinia was good... but the first level is a VERY bad tutorial. After you finish it you go to the start of the story, lose everything you had, and THEN get a tutorial on how to do everything you just had to figure out.
Yes, I liked Darwinia too. It was a bit strange at first, but then I got a hang of it and enjoyed it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2010, 05:59:59 am »

Big Rigs Over The Road Racing:That is just a fucking plain horrible game,the only good thing about it is the irony of Over The Road Racing" since you pretty much hover over the road.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 31, 2010, 06:10:50 am »

Heh. I never played it, but I read an article about it. Isn't that game _officially_ the worst game ever? And rightfully so? And not even in a "Plan 9 from Outer Space"-hommage way, nooooo. :D
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35