Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49446 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2010, 08:51:17 pm »

I saw Doom 3 as Quake 4 with slightly better grapics and worse lighting.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2010, 09:01:06 pm »

I hear you, it was like the monsters had taken a degree in hiding inside cabinets and other horror cliches. I also sorta didn't like the whole new high tech feeling. Doom 1 and 2 felt alot more satanic and demonic, rather then odd shaped aliens and whatnot.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2010, 09:07:23 pm »

wordswordswords

By God, man, paragraphs! Learn to use them!

And you complained about the lack of backtracking. I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

But anyway, this is the "GAMES YOU HATE" thread, so I'll leave you guys to it, don't mind me. [/sincerity]
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2010, 02:10:07 am »

and they named an acheivement "Ride The Lightning" now Capcom,don't drag Metallica into this shitfest of a game.
Ride the lightning is also a phrase to mean execution by electric chair. Unless you already knew that and you were making a joke? I don't know.
Yeah I actully was making a failed joke,I was going to put strikethrough through it but then I just decided not to.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2010, 10:23:20 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was a horrible RPG, but I bought it for the custom maps anyway, they where fun.

Bleh I meant RTS, the maps where amazing, but in the end it was full of bots and people going DOTA!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 10:36:55 am by Huesoo »
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2010, 10:29:37 am »

Yes, it is a horrible RPG, much in the same way Super Mario Bros is a horrible RPG, and Chess is a horrible RPG...

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2010, 10:34:34 am »

Yeah some lite Rpg elements for a few specific units =/= an Rpg. The campaign was amazing, multiplayer even better, and the custom maps for the most part managed to surpass even that.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2010, 10:35:53 am »

Vietnam: Purple Haze.

I've played more than my fair share of Vietnam-era FPS....but this one was incredibly bad. As in, level design consisted of walls textured with a tree graphic, a small hill next to the wall, and 4 or 5 lonely looking bamboo trees. On rails doesn't even describe the linearity of this game. Charlie would step out from cover and sit there, full exposed, without moving, as he fired his AK47. It was just a travesty. Then again, I've yet to play an Vietnam-era FPS that actually made me feel like I was in Vietnam.
nvm, I'm an idiot. I read "purple haze" and was thinking "VietCONG: Purple Haze", which was Vietcong and Fist Alpha in one box, iirc.

Different games, ey?

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2010, 11:04:31 am »

Super Mario Bros is a horrible RPG

Incorrect.  It's pretty awesome as an RPG.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2010, 01:05:33 pm »

Chess is too.  I've nearly got the jumping rooks upgrade.

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 21, 2010, 01:55:51 pm »

Guns of Icarus would have to be the worst game I've played recently.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #161 on: July 21, 2010, 05:51:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was a horrible RPG, but I bought it for the custom maps anyway, they where fun.

Bleh I meant RTS, the maps where amazing, but in the end it was full of bots and people going DOTA!

DotA, although certainly not my favorite map on Wc3, is still skillfully made. It was even more impressive that IceFrog was editing it with winmpq rather than the default or souped up world editor. As for the bots, are you talking about the autohosters (Which were awesome imo), or the channel/clan bots?

Although I agree that the RTS element was unsatisfying (Certainly not as good as Starcraft), as you said the maps were just outrageously great. I don't think there's an RTS from around its time where several popular maps had people making full-blown physics engines for third person shooters and dodgeball games. I can't really see where you're coming from to say that Wc3 is the worst game you've ever played, is all.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2010, 04:59:27 am »

I hated skirmish mode in WC3 because the computer basically amassed a huge amount of units in a short time period, all of which balanced the other ones (as is the idea) and it could micromanage all of them at the same time, which meant that every unit was preforming to full efficiency in both defense, offence and support at the same time, so they tore through me like turpentine through a goat.

Shadefox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2010, 06:45:00 am »

Hmm, got several.

Universal Combat.  I WANTED to love this game, I NEEDED to love this game.  A MASSIVE free roaming game in an entire universe going from a guy with a gun on the ground, to driving a tank, to a captain of a Carrier with dozens of fighters or just piloting one of those fighters on said carrier.  But they screwed it up so much.... :'(  The Controls man!! THE CONTROLSSSSSS.  I could look past EVERYTHING but the horrible controls

Bioshock.  Was expecting System Shock 3, got generic shooter #104 with sparkly sprinkles.

And for those talking about Limbo of the Lost, there was recently (as in finished a few days ago) Let's Play of the entire game on the SomethingAwful forums, also includes a few youtube videos displaying just some of the stolen game assets, from Oblivion, Thief, Morrowind, Diablo2, Unreal Tourn, Painkiller just to name a few

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3315723

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2010, 07:40:58 am »

Vietnam: Purple Haze.

I've played more than my fair share of Vietnam-era FPS....but this one was incredibly bad. As in, level design consisted of walls textured with a tree graphic, a small hill next to the wall, and 4 or 5 lonely looking bamboo trees. On rails doesn't even describe the linearity of this game. Charlie would step out from cover and sit there, full exposed, without moving, as he fired his AK47. It was just a travesty. Then again, I've yet to play an Vietnam-era FPS that actually made me feel like I was in Vietnam.
nvm, I'm an idiot. I read "purple haze" and was thinking "VietCONG: Purple Haze", which was Vietcong and Fist Alpha in one box, iirc.

Different games, ey?

No, I guess it was Vietcong: Purple Haze. I played it on the console, so that might have had a lot to do with it. Rented it and it sat in my room for like three months before we remembered to return it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35