Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49352 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2010, 04:02:37 pm »

Ghostbusters.  It was on a pack of old games, so I'm not sure which console it was originally for.

But god it was bad.
there are two ghostbusters games, an old, pixelated one, and a 3d one. which one?
Possible: http://www.cinemassacre.com/2007/02/27/ghostbusters/
It's a review of a ghostbusters game. Not sure if it's the one you're looking for, but it is a shitty game.
Yeah, that one.  It's the first time I watched an AVGN having actually played the game beforehand, heh.

The stairs were just... what the hell.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2010, 04:54:48 pm »

Doom 3,I was expecting to have an awesome all new doom 2 with a new engine and stuff in it and I get a poorly slapped together piece of shit.It sucks more than elfs.
blasphemy, that game was the greatest gift from my uncle for a 10 year old, i had nightmares for weeks and love playing the game during the dark and with surround sound.

i think the worst game i've ever played was Tonic Trouble, worst Rayman knockoff on the n64 EVER.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2010, 05:00:51 pm »

Doom 3,I was expecting to have an awesome all new doom 2 with a new engine and stuff in it and I get a poorly slapped together piece of shit.It sucks more than elfs.
blasphemy, that game was the greatest gift from my uncle for a 10 year old, i had nightmares for weeks and love playing the game during the dark and with surround sound.

i think the worst game i've ever played was Tonic Trouble, worst Rayman knockoff on the n64 EVER.

what? that game was great, despite beeing a knockoff. It wasn't really taking itself serious anyway.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2010, 05:36:43 pm »

Mass Effect one was awesome when i first played it.
Mass Effect 2 was pretty good at first, until I realized I had finished the game at what (Judging by the pacing) should have been the halfway point. Not to mention, the ending. Whatttt theeeee fuckkk.
Also Dragon Age. I was playing it for hours and hours, and suddenly realized that it was awful (IMO) and I never wanted to play it again.
(I'm mostly just listing games that were incredibly disappointing.)
And to whoever it was that said ff7 was awful, i'm tempted to agree for several reasons;
Dialogue. While i'm of the opinion that the story was actually pretty good, the dialogue was awful. Corny, etc. Especially at the end game areas, it was just painful, even when I was a child.
Difficulty. This game was far FAR too easy. FF9 provided a much better challenge, and was better overall.
Though I can't hate on FF7 too much, totally loved it when i was a kid and can't shake that.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2010, 05:49:31 pm »

Mass Effect one was awesome when i first played it.
Mass Effect 2 was pretty good at first, until I realized I had finished the game at what (Judging by the pacing) should have been the halfway point. Not to mention, the ending. Whatttt theeeee fuckkk.
Eh I don't understand all the hate on ME2. Its not as good as first one was when it was new but I truly enjoyed it. Maybe that's because you guys wanted more classic rpg? I treated it as what it meant to be: action rpg. IMO its great sequel since it improves in almost every area. As for the ending. I had exactly the same reaction but for me its on positive side since game managed to surprise me with something (and it did made sense story wise so ++).

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2010, 06:41:02 pm »

dwarf fortress  8)

This game. I mean WTF... it's like 10 FPS most of the time, if you're lucky. It's got a horrible interface. It's riddled with bugs and unfinished features. You can build this huge underground mountain complex in half a year, but it'd take years for some skilled dwarves to build an apartment. And heck, at the FPS rate, you need like a week for a small group of dwarves to build an apartment.

It's unbalanced... you could like build a bunch of traps or some bridge of death and remain safe forever. Heck, you can just wall up a room, grow penis-shaped mushrooms, dig out a reservoir, and your dwarves will live happily ever after, sealed inside a mountain. There's just like, no challenge to it.

There's no objective to the game either, yet you have all these dozens of fanboys worshipping it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2010, 07:55:06 pm »

Destroy All Humans!: Path of the Furon.

The first two games were great, but as soon as Pandemic handed the series off to Sandblast, their development team basically went "How do we drive this franchise into the ground as fast as fucking possible?"

It's mostly decent for the first half of the first act (if subpar), but then it goes straight to shit so fast you don't even realize how bad the game is until halfway though the third act. I think I actually cried at the end, it was so terrible.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2010, 08:36:53 pm »

In place of that, Half-life 1.
I WILL MURDER YOUR CORPSE AND KILL YOU IN THE FACE FOR HAVING A DIFFERENT OPINION TO ME.

Worst game? Anyone remember the Star Wars Tekken rip off game for the PS1? God that was awful. Half the time I thought I was the other person and the controls were really, really bad. Really, wallbangingly bad.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2010, 08:43:47 pm »

Worst game? Anyone remember the Star Wars Tekken rip off game for the PS1? God that was awful. Half the time I thought I was the other person and the controls were really, really bad. Really, wallbangingly bad.

I'm not an expert on the subject (never having seen/played Tekken), but do you happen to be talking about Jedi Power Battles?

My brothers fucking loved that game for some reason I could never fathom.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2010, 11:49:12 pm »

Magic the Gathering: Battlemage
Rise and Rule of Ancient Empires
Operation: Body Count

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2010, 11:57:40 pm »

I'm not an expert on the subject (never having seen/played Tekken), but do you happen to be talking about Jedi Power Battles?

I don't think so. You could play as characters that weren't Jedi.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2010, 04:33:42 am »

I don't think so. You could play as characters that weren't Jedi.
There was game like that. It had some obscure real martial art in its name if memory isn't failing me.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2010, 09:00:55 am »

Jedi Power Battles was a side scrolling platformer.  The game Jackrabbit is talking about is probably Masters of Teres Kasai or however it's spelled.  A two character fighting game like Street Fighter.  You've heard of street fighter right? :P

I doubt I could remember the worst game I've ever played, but Oblivion left the strongest negative impression of any game I've ever played so it might as well be. Almost everything about it was just so shoddy and/or stupid, and the fact that the devs are complete jackasses didn't help in the least.  If I got started on going into every detail about what's bad about Oblivion this post would go on for ages and I'd still accidentally leave something out.  I've already made tons of post about it in older threads though.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 09:02:40 am by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2010, 09:05:59 am »

Man, that game was awesome.

DARTH VADER FORCE LIGHTNING IN THE FACE, BITCHES, EVEN THOUGH HE CAN'T ACTUALLY DO THAT BUT IT'S SO GODDAMN COOL.

Also Luke was an absolute shitwrecker. He throws his saber, and you die. That is all. Plus the firebreathing Gamorrean, and Han Solo's supercharged uppercut. That was definitely not a Tekken ripoff, because Tekken 1 was... not a very good game.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2010, 01:14:26 pm »

Man, that game was awesome.

DARTH VADER FORCE LIGHTNING IN THE FACE, BITCHES, EVEN THOUGH HE CAN'T ACTUALLY DO THAT BUT IT'S SO GODDAMN COOL.

Also Luke was an absolute shitwrecker. He throws his saber, and you die. That is all. Plus the firebreathing Gamorrean, and Han Solo's supercharged uppercut. That was definitely not a Tekken ripoff, because Tekken 1 was... not a very good game.
Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi

I had that game for the PS1 (and it's in my collection of emulated games as well). Not the best game overall, but it's still fun/ny watching and hearing the obscenities fly when someone playing as Vader does force lightning x6 at someone's character while they're in the air (insta-kill). Mind you, I have plenty of siblings, so all of us playing this, you can imagine there being quite a dictionary of cursing uttered per-second.

Of course, my older brother is a total shmuck every time he plays as Vader in those regards as well.

Sure, the game wasn't the best, or as good as the Tekken games, on the console; but with multiplayer, it's still fun to watch. Now I just wish my emulated copy was... well, emulated better. Sound and music is still very buggy.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 01:18:55 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35