Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49332 times)

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 04:40:19 pm »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 04:43:02 pm »

During a dare when livestreaming some time ago, I played "The Flintstones, The Game" for the Sega Genesis. Oh, my, goodness. I could not beat the first level, the music was terrible, and the game was seriously clunky. All that after playing some Road Rash on the same system, of course.

The comments from the peanut gallery (audience) while I was playing didn't help either. >:(
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:50:32 pm by Itnetlolor »

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 04:50:55 pm »

That I recently played, Wolfquest. Otherwise, I remember playing an old Atari first-person racing game which was basically a black background with two lines of white posts.

During a dare when livestreaming some time ago, I played "The Flintstones, The Game" for the Sega Genesis. Oh, my, goodness.  I could not beat the first level, the music was terrible, and the game was seriously clunky.

The comments while I was playing didn't help either. >:(

I loved that game as a child.  :-[

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 04:57:46 pm »

In place of that, Half-life 1.

Thus proving that your milage may vary on any game, Half Life 1 was a classic on par with Doom IMO.

The worst game I ever played was probably Distant Worlds. Partially because I'm not a huge 4x game fan, I enjoy them from time to time (Civ 3 is awesome), but the game did a very poor job at pretty much everything important to me. Research was handled automatically (though you could do something, I forget what), alien races and diplomacy barely mattered, fuel was a PITA, and pretty much everything else fun was bled out of it. And I payed full price, damnit.

There was a Street Fighter game for the GBA that I got in a 6 pack. Only one of the three characters could hold the knife, the others threw it with the first attack and it vanished. You only had one or two attacks, neither of which were really good, and your enemies attacked faster than you. On top of that, it still had the archaic lives system, which made it almost impossible to get past the first or second stage. The only difference between the characters was the knife thing and the sprite. Second. Worst. game. EVER! On the positive side, it came in a six pack for $30 and about 3 of them were worth playing, so it was actually a good buy just a bad game.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 05:02:23 pm »

In place of that, Half-life 1.
The worst game I ever played was probably Distant Worlds. Partially because I'm not a huge 4x game fan, I enjoy them from time to time (Civ 3 is awesome), but the game did a very poor job at pretty much everything important to me. Research was handled automatically (though you could do something, I forget what), alien races and diplomacy barely mattered, fuel was a PITA, and pretty much everything else fun was bled out of it. And I payed full price, damnit.
How long ago was that, Grendus? They've tremendously improved the game. I havn't played in a while but it's a great game now.

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 05:12:14 pm »

That I recently played, Wolfquest. Otherwise, I remember playing an old Atari first-person racing game which was basically a black background with two lines of white posts.

During a dare when livestreaming some time ago, I played "The Flintstones, The Game" for the Sega Genesis. Oh, my, goodness.  I could not beat the first level, the music was terrible, and the game was seriously clunky.

The comments while I was playing didn't help either. >:(

The Taito one? I loved that game as a child.  :-[

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2010, 05:30:37 pm »

It was a few months ago. It felt like it threw everything at you way too fast, even DF had less of a learning curve.

It was after a few of the patches. I remember waiting for people to say it was worth the money, and I listened. Bad idea, in retrospect.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Zajadu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pulse Life Entertainment
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2010, 05:45:44 pm »

Ultimate Battle 22.

Konork

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2010, 06:23:01 pm »

Anyway, there was this vampire game that was horrible, if a vampire spotted you you were fucked in the ass and the only way you ever killed vamps were in scripted sequences and vampires literally could spot you from 500 yards away.
I think I remember reading a review about that game, the complaints sound familiar. Was it Vampire Rain?

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2010, 07:29:30 pm »

Masters of Orion 3. Argh, my eyes! One of the last PC games I ever rented and for good reason!
Reach for the Stars - an old 4x game - that couldn't go past 200 in game turns.

I can't remember many games that were truly "bad", but those two.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 07:34:04 pm »

I play every game my sister rented

So the worst would be the Spice Girls videogame.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2010, 07:44:05 pm »

Anyway, there was this vampire game that was horrible, if a vampire spotted you you were fucked in the ass and the only way you ever killed vamps were in scripted sequences and vampires literally could spot you from 500 yards away.
I think I remember reading a review about that game, the complaints sound familiar. Was it Vampire Rain?

That actualy sounds interesting. I've been searching for a game in which the enemies pose a genuine threat to the player and can't be killed by a mere combination of button mashing and grind. Having all deaths completely scripted into a plot would suck though.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2010, 07:49:38 pm »

MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch on the PS1. 'nuff said.

I bought that game and I agree. No idea why I bought it, just wanted some entertainment, I guess. Oh, and Prank TV tops it.

There's way too many bad games, I think I deleted most from my brain. There was this RPG that was similar to Fallout, BUT YOU GET STUCK IN COMBAT MODE FOREVER. It was damn annoying trying to walk from one part of the game to another taking only a few hexes at a time.

There was a whole crapload of bad FPSes, RTSes. Plenty of bad games made in RPGMaker... if you want a bad game, the indie amateur game programming world is full of those games that aren't even worth the time spent downloading. I don't just mean ripped sprites.. I mean bad grammar, toilet jokes, and heavy discrimination, yet taking itself seriously.

And the biggest waste of my money.. Democracy 2. The full game has about as much gameplay as the demo. Ever since buying it, I've been extremely reluctant on spending any money on indie games.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2010, 08:09:26 pm »

Plenty of bad games made in RPGMaker...

<_<... >_>...
*deletes contents of RPG2003/Project folder*
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2010, 11:45:27 pm »

I loved that game as a child.  :-[
The Taito one? I loved that game as a child.  :-[
Oh, wait, I think I picked the wrong console then. I think I meant the Sega Master System/Game Gear version then.

Yeah, that makes more sense, music and graphics considering. My mistake.

EDIT:
Confirmed

Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:48:35 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35