Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49353 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2010, 02:02:20 pm »

Oddly enough only like, one of the characters was actually a "Master of Teres Kesai"
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2010, 02:11:17 pm »

Mass Effect one was awesome when i first played it.
Mass Effect 2 was pretty good at first, until I realized I had finished the game at what (Judging by the pacing) should have been the halfway point. Not to mention, the ending. Whatttt theeeee fuckkk.
Eh I don't understand all the hate on ME2. Its not as good as first one was when it was new but I truly enjoyed it. Maybe that's because you guys wanted more classic rpg? I treated it as what it meant to be: action rpg. IMO its great sequel since it improves in almost every area. As for the ending. I had exactly the same reaction but for me its on positive side since game managed to surprise me with something (and it did made sense story wise so ++).
I treat it as an Action RPG as well. I just personally don't think it's a terribly good one. I had fun playing it, which truly is all you can ask from a game, but It just didn't set well with me afterwards.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2010, 02:13:15 pm »

Is that what it's called? It's been... about 9 years since I've played it. So I guess you can see why I hated it so much. Then I saw it on a magazines list of worst games of all time not long after I'd hired it out. So yeah.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2010, 03:08:10 pm »

F-22 Lightning II.
Maybe it's because it was too complicated for me to play at the very young age I got it.
Or maybe it was because EVERY SINGLE KEY ON THE KEYBOARD WAS A CRUCIAL HOTKEY. Yes, EVEN THE F-# KEYS, AND INSERT AND HOME AND PAGE DOWN AND ETC.
I managed to take off after randomly pressing the correct series of keys, then immediately died in mid-air for a reason I can't remember. Haven't played since.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (How I ever managed to pick up the UK title is beyond me).

The god-awful learning games made for the playstation that they had us play at school for a class called "Lightspan" or some crap. It was like committing sodomy to my brain.

Mileage May Vary, but Thief II I was just... illogical to me. I couldn't begin to understand what the hell I was doing so I just ran into trouble and died.

Also, this doesn't really count because I haven't actually been able to play it yet, but Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Apparently, after installing from the disk, I have to download TWO GIGS of stuff that could have come on the disk for me to be able to play! Oh, also, I can't play it on SINGLE PLAYER unless it's patched to the latest version! Oh hey, you know what's the best part? 56k dialup modem! Yeah! Woo!
Might be the only game I got just to end up 'legally' pirating an actual working version online when I get back to Uni so I can play the damn thing...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:11:23 pm by Chaoswizkid »
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2010, 03:25:04 pm »

don't bother, cod mw2 isn't good anyway
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2010, 03:29:28 pm »

It's actually kind of good.  On PS3 at least.  It's like an action movie that keeps you totally entranced while you're playing it and then when it's over you look back and think; "Wow, that was so stupid."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2010, 03:30:14 pm »

But the way you reload duel shotguns is so realistic!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2010, 03:34:01 pm »

It really is like a James Bond movie. But one of the really over the top ones.

Like one continues Die Another Day opening sequence.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2010, 03:39:09 pm »

But the way you reload duel shotguns is so realistic!

Haven't you played Advent Rising?  They must be using the same technology.  Spinning the gun around is a perfectly legitimate form of reloading.  Man, I wish Advent Rising had been better and gotten a sequel...  How will I ever find out what the crap that weird ending was about?

The best part about that was that it wasn't some crappy non-ending, you pretty much won the battle and everything, and then have an epilogue, but then suddenly crazy shit happens.  It also had cool music.

Er right... MW2.  The multiplayer is a lot of fun but stupid as hell.  So many stupid changes they've made just for the sake of balance.  Like a frigging semiautomatic shotgun with only a four round magazine.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:42:32 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2010, 03:43:39 pm »

I also don't get why the old fashioned shotguns are better than the new ones.  They are, on the other hand, awesome, so I won't complain.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2010, 03:47:43 pm »

I also don't get why the old fashioned shotguns are better than the new ones.  They are, on the other hand, awesome, so I won't complain.

It's not just the shotguns.  The M16 is unlocked after the M4 despite being a massive obsolete jamming machine, and the supposedly best gun in the (multiplayer) game is the AK-47...  It gets unlocked at level 70, the maximum you can go to.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2010, 03:54:21 pm »

Huh, it really is like an action movie then.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2010, 03:58:42 pm »

Bioshock and Bioshock 2.

Yeah, yeah, go ahead yell at me for not loving the games. "They're revolutionary and perfect blah, blah, blah..."

No. No they are not. They are boring. There is nothing intresting about them. Neither one could hold my attention to the end, and I beat games that do not defeat me by being too hard. Bioshock was the first to break the chain. I could have beat it. With ease, playing on normal. But it just sucked the will to play out of me. It's bland! Like eating a liquid and tasteless grule that can keep you alive, but has nothing positive about it. I never got past the Arborium in Bioshock. The same feeling was beginning to creep up on me during Dionyisis Gardens during the second game, but then it did somthing I could not forgive. It fucking crashed on me at the very end. I could see the damn tram. It was then I discovered that Bioshock only autosaves between levels. This is not bad, in of itself, but it could have told me so. There are so many baby easy games that autosave today, so I figured Bioshock 2 was one of them, being baby easy.

Just awful. Nothing redeeming about either of them, except "Would you kindly", and that is being generous considering I couldn't stand the game to get to that point.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2010, 04:17:35 pm »

Bioshock and Bioshock 2.

Yeah, yeah, go ahead yell at me for not loving the games. "They're revolutionary and perfect blah, blah, blah..."

No. No they are not. They are boring. There is nothing intresting about them. Neither one could hold my attention to the end, and I beat games that do not defeat me by being too hard. Bioshock was the first to break the chain. I could have beat it. With ease, playing on normal. But it just sucked the will to play out of me. It's bland! Like eating a liquid and tasteless grule that can keep you alive, but has nothing positive about it. I never got past the Arborium in Bioshock. The same feeling was beginning to creep up on me during Dionyisis Gardens during the second game, but then it did somthing I could not forgive. It fucking crashed on me at the very end. I could see the damn tram. It was then I discovered that Bioshock only autosaves between levels. This is not bad, in of itself, but it could have told me so. There are so many baby easy games that autosave today, so I figured Bioshock 2 was one of them, being baby easy.

Just awful. Nothing redeeming about either of them, except "Would you kindly", and that is being generous considering I couldn't stand the game to get to that point.
^
This. I never really got why the hell the Bioshock series is so praised. Its completely and utterly linear, repetitive, and the plot consists of what would happen if we got silly Ayn Rand lovers, put them inside a glass dome in the bottom of the ocean and came back a few years later to see what would've become of it.

Bioshock 1 was sorta interesting because there was nothing quite like it at the same time, but even then it was just another FPS with magical powers. Bioshock 2 was completely unescessary.

I do admit, though, that gathering all randroids and locking them in some place at the bottom of the ocean sounds great.

Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2010, 04:26:03 pm »