Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trading caged creatures  (Read 426 times)

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
Trading caged creatures
« on: July 16, 2010, 02:03:00 pm »

Glad I discovered this with gorillas and not goblins.

Just for fun, I started laying out lines of cage traps outdoors.  There's lots of wandering apes at my site, and at the moment I seem to be capturing a few gorillas each month.

I can't butcher them without taming them, which by itself seems like a bug, so I decided to trade them instead.  After I designated them for trading I started getting spammed by job cancellations.  It turns out that my dwarfs were only trading the cages, and setting the gorillas free in the heart of my fortress.  Is this new to .31?  Is there a way to trade caged creatures?
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Trading caged creatures
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 02:13:08 pm »

This is a known bug that's been around a while.  If you try to sell a non-tame creature, the dwarves will take the cage to the trade depot and let the creature go.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.