Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [Secret Keeper Succession] Bisekmessthos - The Veiled Citadel  (Read 4092 times)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Secret Keeper Succession] Bisekmessthos - The Veiled Citadel
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 02:51:51 pm »

also, ill take the hammerer.

Name: Bundok
Profession: Badass

He'll be knockin elf heads outta the park!

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 03:09:46 pm »

This is interesting. Kinda pissed I missed sign-up >.<

I can sign you up for the reserves.
Yeah, sure. I'm keeping my eye on this either way. I think I might modify this idea a little and make my own game at some point.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 03:14:22 pm »

1st Granite, 1051

We, the chosen children of Vakun, have arrived at the site of what will one day become the Temple of Lies – the most holy site of the Duplicitous One. My heart and my soul tremble in anticipation of this momentous task. Though many may shun he whom we worship, someday our work here will be remembered in the annals of history as a masterpiece, a triumph over doubters, and the ultimate triumph of the Lord of a Thousand Faces.

Our initial work must start with breaking stone and building basic dwellings and workshops. We must give thought also to our own security, for the goblins will surely seek to falsely enrich themselves at the expense of the children of the False One.

Heh. Falsely enrich oneself from the False One. I like that.

24th Granite, 1051

He who with two faces seeds only constant untruth is no chosen of mine
Rather he who knows the time and the place to speak falsehood
For he is not only a master of his trade, but a master of his art

- from the Chronicles of the Lord of Lies

We have hollowed out a pathway into the mountain, and we are beginning the process of fortifying our position against intruders. A shallow moat will be dug and then the preparations for the fortress proper shall begin. We shall raise two pillars to the heavens to proclaim to all who would gaze upon the mountain that this is a site of dwarven splendour and the domain of our lord deceptive.

28st Slate, 1051

The construction of the pillars has begun and our basic defences are complete. A lever sits next to a drawbridge spanning a moat – this serves as the only entrance to our fort and it shall ensure our security against goblin raiders, and any of the unenlightened who would malign and misinterpret our ways. An underground farm has been created in case of an extended siege.

That said, I hope our legitimate preparations do not scare away those who might do business with us.

A good swindle most definitely sharpens the mind and refreshes the senses.

2nd Malachite, 1051

We have begun work on individual dwellings – surely we cannot be expected to do the great work of our beshadowed master with each other's eyes constantly upon us. Better that we be given leave to plot our offerings to Him in secret, beneath the veil of that most holy of gifts – secrecy.

21st Malachine, 1051

Word of our temple has spread faster than we had expected, and eight pilgrims of our thousand-faced lord have arrived and pledged themselves to our service. Certainly this shall be useful, for we have much need of able hands around the temple. More dwellings need be constructed, of course, but our miner is of great talent with a pick and our carpenter most talented with his saw – such things shall not take long. Among them is a brewer, who shall be of most use to us – our supplies of alcohol are running dangerously low, and this I cannot conscience allowing to continue. Spirits are most sacred to his Duplicity, for they weaken the resolve, allow fanciful tales to seem plausible and make the imbiber reveal things he would rather keep under wraps.

Tastes damn good, too.

2nd Limestone, 1051

Updating the bookkeeping in this fortress has become my number-one priority, so I've begun an inventory of all that we keep at this fortress – something that shall no doubt take me a long time, but the Great Game is afoot, and if I am to win it, I surely must keep a close eye on all things that the other pilgrims of Vakun do. Stockpiles have been created in the courtyard for temporary storage of useful equipment and resources.

12th Sandstone, 1051

Three additional pilgrims have arrived. A good number – the temple's cloisters now hold a population of eighteen. Within this many dwarves can brew enough deceit and chicanery to keep the Veiled One happy, but will remain manageable enough for me to stay on top of.

My thoughts turn once again to the defence of the temple – while our plans will inevitably turn against one another, we cannot allow outside threats to come between us. I have ordered the militia expanded and many more mechanisms made. Against the triumvirate of dwarven strength, dwarven ingenuity and dwarven deception, no enemy can hope to prevail.

16th Timber, 1051

Dwarves bearing the colours of the nearby kingdom of Uvash Belal have been sighted. Worship of Vakun is shunned there, but we are beyond their territories and they are not quick to anger or war. Our scout says they were in fact leading animals laden with trade goods. Perhaps they are not so close-minded as we thought? We have lowered the bridge and made safe the approach.

23rd Timber, 1051

Trading with the caravan from Uvash Belal has gone much better than expected. They really were willing to buy wagon-loads of those ridiculous little trinkets we crafted for most of their caravan's food! Pfah – good luck to them, I say. They're willing to come back next year, and I've made an import deal for extra food and drink. Curiously, the diplomat left before I could arrange an export deal. Well, their loss, our gain, of course.

5th Opal, 1051

The best lie is one that he who hears it wishes to be told.
- from the Chronicles of the Lord of Lies

Winter has long been upon us and it looks like we're well-set for it – food and drink supplies are plentiful and there are enough beds for everyone. I believe there shall be no distractions to the Great Game in the near future. Some ruby clusters were uncovered recently, among them two remarkable star rubies. Once we obtain for ourselves a competent jeweler, our exports shall be the desire of the continent. Limestone, coal and hematite are bountiful in this mountain – we shan't want for iron or steel in this place. Now I must merely wait for the end of this year, safe in the knowledge that no-one will discover my secret.

1st Granite, 1052

As I expected, winter was completely uneventful. The time has come to hand the gamepiece to the next hopeful. Will he discover what I have done? Perhaps, perhaps not.

-----

Save here.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 03:22:03 pm »

What tileset is that?

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 03:32:28 pm »

What tileset is that?

Mayday with highlight.

It's the only Mayday tileset gypsum currently shows up properly in.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 03:40:50 pm »

Mayday with highlight.

It's the only Mayday tileset gypsum currently shows up properly in.

Ah. It looked like Mayday's, but different somehow. I use Phoebus' myself.

Acyd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 05:18:11 pm »

I can't play :( put someone in for me

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 07:39:17 pm »

i would like to be reserve also
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 07:44:01 pm »

There is an open slot now.

Urist Imiknorris calls "not it."
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 07:48:59 pm »

GIVE IT TO MES NOW
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 07:49:44 pm »

GIVE IT TO MES NOW
Uhhh.... you're like 4th in line.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 07:53:57 pm »

But i want it.........

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 07:57:53 pm »

Existent and cappstv have been added to reserves. kilakan has replaced Acyd in the primary roster.

StephenReiken to play. PM sent. If nothing is heard from him by Sunday, his position will be shunted to the back, and a reserve will take his place, leaving kilakan to play.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 08:23:20 pm »

This version doesn't seem to be entirely stable, lost first season to the game crashing.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 03:46:04 am »

3rd Granite, 1052

New guy is in charge now! Obok Rigothison has shown himself to be Stephan Rigothison, Truthseeker. As a worshipper of Vakun, Stephan is determined to ensure that any poorly keep secrets are properly exposed such that their creator would most certainly be punished for their incompetenace.

Stephan knows that Andreus Asmellektad, after having handed Stephan reins to oversee this temple, must have made a secret somewhere.

Stephan noticed that the Werewolf merchants had just left the fort, on their way back with whatever Andreus decided to trade to them.

Set about digging out the fort proper, many rooms with which to expand into as babys are born and immigrants come in.

Investigated the lever to extend the bridge, but it apparently did what it was supposed to after all.

22nd Granite, 1052

Finally have everything organized. I've been  tearing down the forest to provide wood for the caprenters, thet are busy making things that rocks are not suited for including many barrels to store booze in. Set more dwarves to craftsmen, so that we have plenty to trade with the next traders that come.

28th Granite, 1052

Sent the military squad to practice their arts on the Moutain Goats that have wandered here.

20th Slate 1052

Set out the military squad to slay the giant eagle that was bothering me as I cut wood. Degel was now a Legendary Miner, so I gave him a break and sent him out to cut wood while I take over as Miner. He protested, but continued on his way cutting down trees.

27th Slate 1052

The milita killed the giant eagle finally, let them off of killing the local wild life to train.

Migrants came today, a huge 18 of them exactly doubling our population! It took me a few days to sort them out but I buffed up the military substainally, up to 8.

Its time to start making Steel. With a large military, they will need good weapons and armor, and the new High Master Weaponsmith that arrived with the Migrants should make quality weapons.

14th Felsite

Progress goes slow on the making of Steel. These dwarves want to drink and eat more than they want to work.

Elven Migrants arrived, traded our worthless trinkets for much of what they carried, then slaughtered them as all good elves should be in their natural state, with our weapons in them.

These damn cats are leaving their carcasses all over the fort.

2nd Hematite

Buzzards are coming from the skys to steal our stuff, so the military went out to slaughter them all. They have done well, none have gotten any serious injuries with my orders.

23rd Hematite

Anderus refused to mine, so I sent him out to cut wood and brought Degel back in to mine. Maybe I'll have time to find his secrets when he is out of the fortress. I didn't mention it before, the bedrooms have finally been finished and all assigned. waiting on doors. Also, putting Tables and chairs into the rooms.

1st Galena

Smelting Iron is in the process, soon we'll have Steel! But first, making a few picks to have more miners working at one time. No Migrants have come this season.

Promoted Kivsh to Milita Captain and sheiff.

Ordered another set of Bedrooms for the populace.

Also ordered seven huge rooms for the original seven. The contents of which, will be secret?

20th Galena

Human Merchants arrived to trade. They aren't quite like elves, so they can live. Traded much with them. Andreus decided to go update stockpile records instead of trading, so I fired him from that job.

Ilral seemed to be possessed and took over a craftsdwarf shop. I wonder what he thinks he's doing.

I still can't get miners to mine. I don't know why, I ordered the weaponsmith to create many extra picks from the iron that I had smelted, but my efforts seem to be in vain.

22nd Limestone

In my seeking of materials, I somehow died from thirst. Considering we have 510 drinks, I don't see how this is possible. Its a good thing I just used a decoy dwarf, stupid guy really. I'm really Stephan Nokgololtar. Or am I? I expect the others have done this as well, using the others as decoys. Assassinations are easier to avoid thusly.

1st Sandstone

Ah, I realize my mistake. When I told my Miners to go down a level to make the next rooms, they made holes instead of Ramps! I don't know why, but thats why my double was down there mining to his death of thirst. Sometimes I wonder the intelligence of the people I'm stuck with. I'll just tell them to make STAIRS down from now on.

14 Sandstone

Ilral went beserk because he couldn't find wood or leather. of which we have stacks and stacks of logs around the fort and leather sitting in the stockpiles. Anyway, he fell down the hole in the fort and died to the miners. I wouldn't want to fight them bare handed.

8th Timber

Decided to set about smoothing the stone on the walls. Make the Fort look better.

25th Timber

Dwarf Traders have arrived and our goods are mostly in the Trade Depot. They brought many things which will be more useful to us than these crafts toys and instruments.

1st Moonstone

With the onset of winter its time to move everything thats just been laying around in the fortress. so I made a stockpile in the stone stockpile which will collect everything and I'm having most everyone move stuff instead of their normal jobs.

Told Andreus to give priority to foods, drinks, weapons, armor, and seeds as well as a couple other various things.

27th Moonstone

Inod has taken over the Metalsmith's forge, took some bars, and just started to make something I wonder what he is up to. Also, I set back most to their jobs, but half of the carpenters and so forth as still hauling.

3rd Opal

He created an artifact iron chest with spikes of iron. As I'm in charge here, I immediately have it installed in my room. Now I've got a room thats worth something.

15h Opal

Buzzards again, they keep stealing and interupting my busy workers.

20th Obsidian

The Werewolves came to trade as they did last year. As usual, I purchase all foods and caged animals, along with the anvil, and such. The last thing before I pass off to the next director.

---

Save yo.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2708
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4