Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Mafia wins!  (Read 35310 times)

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Mafia wins!
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2010, 08:37:58 am »

dammit guys! :(

interesting game that, even if i felt like screaming VECTOR IS SCUM the whole time ;D and reading mafia chat was hilarious, didn't realise we were that bad ._.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2010, 09:10:30 am »

grumblegrumble

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2010, 11:08:55 am »

If you want to know what I was thinking it was this: Vector was obviously scum.

That would be why I killed anyone who was in danger of needing replacement.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2010, 11:11:30 am »

If you want to know what I was thinking it was this: Vector was obviously scum.

That would be why I killed anyone who was in danger of needing replacement.

I thought it might have been something like that. Tried to keep a more competent player from taking his place?
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2010, 11:27:12 am »

The shorten was actually my newbishness, as I didn't realize that the text was for mod in the scumchat.

And the cop-claim was my idea, Vector was against it, in a line I missed in the scumchat.

Good game anyways, It was fun to be scum for the first time.

Looking back at it I think your claiming cop really saved the scum. Vector was probably going to be lynched by USEC and Toaster. Your announcement caused USEC and Toaster to withdraw their votes and me to suspect that they were scumbuddies.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2010, 11:31:26 am »

I thought it might have been something like that. Tried to keep a more competent player from taking his place?

No.  I'm specifically terrified of Webadict, and know that he's usually the first person to offer to sub into BMs.  "More competent" in general doesn't scare me, though the heavy fire it brings tends to be rather unpleasant.  Webadict, though... Webadict is scary, especially subbing in >_>

reading mafia chat was hilarious, didn't realise we were that bad ._.

You aren't.  You're actually pretty good for a group of beginners, if a bit... erm... passive.  I'd say that your main problem is that you were so busy being polite/offended that you never really pressed anyone to see what came out.  The other thing is that, for all of the people who apparently "knew I was scum," none of them presented much of a case.  At all.  Bandages got farther then most of you, but when it came to the nitty-gritty of it, he backed off too (fearing a flame war, I guess, or deciding that I was too dumb to deal with).

Meh.  I tried to show off more in this game than I should have, and I had to catch myself being overly honest quite a few times.  I was also pretty passive on the night-kill, and going for broke/holding with my initial plan of skipping a night would have probably helped.

Looking back at it I think your claiming cop really saved the scum. Vector was probably going to be lynched by USEC and Toaster. Your announcement caused USEC and Toaster to withdraw their votes and me to suspect that they were scumbuddies.

I didn't feel very close to being lynched, but... I guess you're saying I was that obvious, huh?  Man, I'm really bad at this ._.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Scatterbrain dead! Oh noes! D2 has begun.
« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2010, 12:00:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Right here is where we should have figured it out.  You call out Otto, his next post ignores your vote- and you never follow up on it.  A slip, but we missed it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2010, 12:03:11 pm »

Actually, you were nowhere near being lynched Vector. You should have been, but you weren't. So, likely scum would've won the next day with Ottofar leading a lynch on USEC even if you were lynched.

Scum won just fine.

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 18, 2010, 12:19:48 pm »

I was talking about here. I don't know if Toaster and USEC were going to keep their votes on you, but I can remember the only reason I didn't vote was because I was afraid I'd look like a bandwagoner with a 3rd vote.

I'm not saying it was because you were a bad player Vector, it was because after Shibdib was revealed to be town it gave his previous accusations some credence (and Bandages before him). I wasn't trying to slight you, I was just trying to give Ottofar some credit.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 18, 2010, 12:31:39 pm »

I'm not saying it was because you were a bad player Vector, it was because after Shibdib was revealed to be town it gave his previous accusations some credence (and Bandages before him). I wasn't trying to slight you, I was just trying to give Ottofar some credit.

Ahh, okay.  No, Ottofar was good to work with, especially near the end.  It was a risky move, to be sure, but it turned out to be a good one.  Enthusiastic scumbuddies are the best scumbuddies ~

Actually, you were nowhere near being lynched Vector. You should have been, but you weren't. So, likely scum would've won the next day with Ottofar leading a lynch on USEC even if you were lynched.

Scum won just fine.

Thanks, Webby.  Always good to hear from you.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 18, 2010, 03:38:28 pm »

I was more a get vector lynched then see how everyone else reacted when it came to finding her scum buddy... Annoyingly no-one besides me noticed everyone who agreed with me that vector could be scum seemed to die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 18, 2010, 03:53:39 pm »

I was more a get vector lynched then see how everyone else reacted when it came to finding her scum buddy... Annoyingly no-one besides me noticed everyone who agreed with me that vector could be scum seemed to die.

On the other hand, everyone in the game had accused me of being scum at that point.  It's not exactly like I was trying to pick off people who thought I was scum.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 18, 2010, 04:17:48 pm »

On the other hand, everyone in the game had accused me of being scum at that point.  It's not exactly like I was trying to pick off people who thought I was scum.

Ya but no1 really pushed the issue cause you were good with deflecting attention elsewhere, which I called you out on a few times but no1 else picked it up and ran with it. I actually just said F it and was waiting for the lynch by that point.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 18, 2010, 05:39:47 pm »

Note to self, stop overthinking, my gut feeling was actually quite correct.

Like that's going to happen.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 18, 2010, 05:47:55 pm »

Note to self, stop overthinking, my gut feeling was actually quite correct.

Like that's going to happen.

Everyone knew, but nobody lynched me... ?  How bizarre.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20