Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Mafia wins!  (Read 35341 times)

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - D2 has 36 hours remaining! (Replacement Requested)
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2010, 03:41:46 pm »

In Mafia, that's basically saying "lynch me now please."  Sure about that one?

Go ahead, ill bet real money that vector is scum

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 -Scatterbrain killed? Oh noes! D2 has begun.
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2010, 06:27:32 pm »

Votecount:
Thendash - {0}
USEC_OFFICER - {0}
Ottofar - {2} Vector, Rube
shibdib - {3} USEC_OFFICER, Ottofar, Toaster
Vector - {1} shibdib
Toaster - {0}
Rube - {0}

Not Voting:

Thendash

Day ends in 20 minutes at 8:00pm CST.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:38:44 pm by Lonewolf I »

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Day One Is Almost Over!
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2010, 09:32:46 pm »

"I don't need to take this," said shibdib, moving to the door.

Toaster blocked his path. "What?  No more to say?  Seems mighty suspicious to me."

"Vector's scum, and every last one of you is dancing to her tune.  If you can't see that, I'm not sticking around to get killed."  He shoved Toaster out of the way, then started sprinting.

USEC_OFFICER grabbed the rope and rushed after him, slipping the base of the noose through the loop as he ran.  With a quick twirl, he hurled the make-shift lasso at shibdib, catching it about his neck.  A sharp tug, and shibdib's head snapped backwards, cracking on the pavement.

Empty pockets, an empty car, and an empty home are all that your subsequent efforts unveil.  No weapons, no incriminating documents, no badge, and no medical supplies.  He was, indeed, just another neighbor.

The day has ended.

shibdib has been lynched!

shibdib was a Townie!

Night has begun!  Send in your night actions!

Day Three begins on Thursday at 8:00pm CST, or whenever all the night actions have arrived.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:43:05 pm by Lonewolf I »

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - D3 Start! Beware the wrath of the mod!
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2010, 11:42:22 pm »

Arriving back at the church, you find a corpse hanging from the rafters by its wrists.  The lower half is in tatters, the upper half unrecognizable.  Only after all of you have gathered do you find that Thendash is missing from your ranks.

Thendash has been killed!

Thendash was a Townie.

Day 3 has begun!

Votecount:
USEC_OFFICER - {0}
Ottofar - {0}
Vector - {0}
Toaster - {0}
Rube - {0}

Not Voting:

USEC_OFFICER, Ottofar, Vector, Toaster, Rube

Day ends on Tuesday at 8:00pm CST

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - D3! Replacement requester renightkilled!
« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2010, 02:49:36 am »

Have we got a cop? Mind sharing your info?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2010, 09:21:21 am »

So... no replacement needed?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 13, 2010, 02:26:19 pm »

Welcome to lylo!

For starters, Rube's right- if you're a cop, now is the time to claim.  If you're a doctor, continue to not tell us that.  Secondly, now is the time to vote with caution, since scum has 40% of the vote.

Looking back on the votes for day 1, everyone who has flipped so far was not in on the Bandages lynch.  Rube had the third vote on Bandages, which is the classic bandwagon vote number.  Day 2 is less helpful since Thendash didn't vote.

Anyway, on to questioning.

USEC:  Why did you not vote day 1?  Also, your only day 2 post started out by pointing out that shibdib wasn't posting enough.  Do you not see an inconsistency there?  Did the bad reaction to your D1 joke scare you away from participating?

Ottofar:  You're doing better than in some other games I've been with you in, but your attacks still seem lackluster and me-too.  Who do you suspect at this point?

Vector:  Are you glad that the person who wanted a replace was NKed?

Rube:  I keep getting the feeling that you're trying to drive other players around to your view.  It's fine if you have good reason to think someone is scum, but I think you're more interested in having people agree with you than finding the scum.  Also, why do you want to know why I think people are town?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2010, 03:36:43 pm »

Vector:  Are you glad that the person who wanted a replace was NKed?

Yes and no.  Knowing that he was a townie and Webadict could have replaced him, I'd say it's unfortunate.  The worst thing in the world, though, is someone who needs to be replaced at Lylo (especially scum)--that completely screws over the town's ability to read the guy, and often nets a pretty decisive win for the mafia.  So, by and large, I'm going to put it down as a net positive.

Need to look back at what's been said...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 13, 2010, 04:58:04 pm »

USEC:  Why did you not vote day 1?  Also, your only day 2 post started out by pointing out that shibdib wasn't posting enough.  Do you not see an inconsistency there?  Did the bad reaction to your D1 joke scare you away from participating?

I did not vote on day one as I was almost going to be lynched. So I figured that by not posting I would: A, not be noticed (And lynched.) and B, I didn't have an idea who the scum is. Day 1 is not my strongest point. [joke](Neither is day 2, or day 3 or ...)[/joke]

As for day two, being able to post mostly once a day, I could respond at a maximum of three post. Now, being set on the idea that shibdib was scum, and being the kind of person who prefers to respond to questions, instead of making them, I had little reason to post more. (Other people responding to shibdib's post help a bit too.) The only posts I would have made in day 2 would be to tell everyone, again, that I thought shibdib was scum. What would be the point of that?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 13, 2010, 07:43:11 pm »

USEC:  So your plan was self-preservation?  That's very passive and fairly scummy.  Yes, town lynches are bad, but town standing around and letting scum control the game is far worse.  Are your going to help your team today?

Vector:  That's what I thought you'd say.  When I saw Thendash was dead, I tried to think who would kill him.  Like you said, a late game/lylo replacement is big trouble for the town, and favors the scum.  This is because it is really disruptive to gameplay.  So why would scum NK the replace requester?  It'd be someone who wants a good fair game.  I looked at who'd do that, and you're top candidate, Vector.  I thought you may be town early on, but my doubts have been growing.  What say you to that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 13, 2010, 07:51:31 pm »

USEC:  So your plan was self-preservation?  That's very passive and fairly scummy.  Yes, town lynches are bad, but town standing around and letting scum control the game is far worse.  Are your going to help your team today?

Standing around as in voting for the person who I think is most scummy?

Also, I would like to ask Vector why she thinks that she wasn't killed in the past two nights? And no, I am not doing this because you are voting for Vector. I'm wonder why she thinks an obvoiusly good player wasn't killed. Also, the two killings seems odd to me, and I am inclined to think that one or both of the mafia are good players (Or at least not beginner.) Vector seems a good target to start at.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2010, 10:07:54 pm »

Vector:  That's what I thought you'd say.  When I saw Thendash was dead, I tried to think who would kill him.  Like you said, a late game/lylo replacement is big trouble for the town, and favors the scum.  This is because it is really disruptive to gameplay.  So why would scum NK the replace requester?  It'd be someone who wants a good fair game.  I looked at who'd do that, and you're top candidate, Vector.  I thought you may be town early on, but my doubts have been growing.  What say you to that?

You may have your doubts, but I'm certain: I'm town.  If you have any scumtells you'd like me to address, I'll be more than happy to--but I don't really feel qualified to talk overmuch about my nightkill meta.  All I can do is direct you to prior games (... I'm especially proud of my work in Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod and Beginner's Mafia 4) and allow you to make your own assessment of my playstyle.

Also, I would like to ask Vector why she thinks that she wasn't killed in the past two nights? [...] I'm wonder why she thinks an obviously good player wasn't killed. Also, the two killings seems odd to me, and I am inclined to think that one or both of the mafia are good players (Or at least not beginner.) Vector seems a good target to start at.

Probably because I drew so much attention to myself D1 and D2.  I know that if I were scum and two townies had spent a large portion of D1 going at each others' throats, and then one flipped town, I'd leave the other alive to prime for a lynch.  Then there was the mess with Shibdib saying he'd bet hard money that I was scum.

With the "Webadict WIFOM potential" (i.e., "why is a good player alive near the end of the game"), my reputation for being unstable, and all that bad feeling pointed in my direction, the scum would have to be pretty thick to want me dead.

Rube and Ottofar: have any opinions, or are you going to keep sidelining the game to death?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2010, 10:24:25 pm »

Standing around as in voting for the person who I think is most scummy?

Also, I would like to ask Vector why she thinks that she wasn't killed in the past two nights? And no, I am not doing this because you are voting for Vector. I'm wonder why she thinks an obvoiusly good player wasn't killed. Also, the two killings seems odd to me, and I am inclined to think that one or both of the mafia are good players (Or at least not beginner.) Vector seems a good target to start at.

I call a nonvote and a day with a single post standing around.

Also, this post has the strength of wet paper.  It combines passiveness, haphazard targeting, and self preservation into one big scummy treat!  Put down the kid gloves and bring out the big guns.

Vector:  I don't have specific points to bring up, but I feel strongly enough on my current arguments to put a vote on you.  Since your rebuttal consists of "I'm town, and look at my past games for meta," I can't say you've given me a reason to change my mind.

I'm not done questioning the rest of you.  I'd especially like to hear Rube's opinion of Vector.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2010, 10:40:50 pm »

Vector:  I don't have specific points to bring up, but I feel strongly enough on my current arguments to put a vote on you.  Since your rebuttal consists of "I'm town, and look at my past games for meta," I can't say you've given me a reason to change my mind.

... Your attack consists of "Surely you must be scum, because you'd want to play a good game and would thus shoot yourself in the foot in order to get it."  My problem is that anything I say in response to that will be WIFOMy and largely pointless, by its very nature.

I say "look at my past games" because that will give you an unbiased view of my character and playstyle--far more than anything I can say here.  I'm more than happy to give a summary, though.

My strategy as scum is to kill off the strong players and destroy threats while keeping players who can be directed like sheep, as well as those who are entangled in arguments with each other.  I have done this over and over and over again, and have only lost twice.  Once was an accident (it was a bastard mod).  The other time I screwed up majorly and got lynched D1 by Webadict.  Rysith had to practically change the rules of his semi-bastard mod because I'd messed with the town too much.  If you look at the scumchat, I wasn't at all pleased with the modifications.  In fact, I was downright pissed.  Sure, it resurrected a town that was completely inactive, but it also negated all the work I'd done to leverage the game in my direction.

I'm a town-destroyer.  It's what I do, it's what I'm good at, and this isn't my work.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 14, 2010, 06:37:29 am »

Roleclaim. Cop.

Rube and Vector were clean. Or godfathers.

My vote goes to USEC, since he has been much scummier than Toaster.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20