Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Mafia wins!  (Read 35326 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Day One Is Underway!
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2010, 03:12:23 pm »

Not sure yet. I have a few gut feelings, but nothing solid yet.

Let's hear them.  Better yet, go question the person and get them to talk.  How else are we going to get scum to slip up?  Sit here and wait for them?

Ottofar:  How would you try to get an experienced person lynched if you were scum?

USEC:  You won't get lynched if you contribute to the town.

I can hop on board with the extension.  Is that guy who wanted to play still around?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2010, 03:17:35 pm »

There's something like a 12.5% chance Magwebster is scum, and he hasn't said anything at all yet, so I'll back the extension too.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2010, 03:18:50 pm »

How can I contribute when I'm going to get lynched and everybody thinks I'm scum? As far as I can see, everyone is voting for me because I added a bit of humour and someone misunderstood it. I already apologized for it. If I was actually scum, I could have just lurked and played it cautiously like Thendash did in the last beginner's game (Not just Thendash, but I forget the other guy's name.), and Vector would have been lynched. Instead, I come out with a stupid statement that everybody now hates me for.

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2010, 03:36:09 pm »

We don't hate you. Joking with your vote instead of scumhunting is pretty suspicious though.

Also - I'm not very good at math, I think it's actually ~23% chance Magwebster is scum. That's higher than I would've assumed, we really need that extension...

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2010, 08:37:19 pm »

USEC_OFFICER "Why would I do that if I were scum?" Is pretty scummy logic. Note how I'm still not voting for you. Don't play martyr, because it will just end up with you getting lynched faster.

Rube You seem pretty eager to lynch someone. Why is that?

And of course, the extension.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2010, 11:31:43 pm »

Not going to share with us, Bandages?

And to dispel the math questions, it's 2/9 chance, or 22.2222... percent.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2010, 11:37:57 pm »

Not willing to share what, Mr. Toaster?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2010, 12:16:33 am »

USEC_OFFICER, do you think voting is a joking matter? Townies generally value our only tool a little more than that!

Besides, I think Bandages has been lurking too much to attempt to 'off' anyone.

There's something like a 12.5% chance Magwebster is scum, and he hasn't said anything at all yet, so I'll back the extension too.

We don't hate you. Joking with your vote instead of scumhunting is pretty suspicious though.

Also - I'm not very good at math, I think it's actually ~23% chance Magwebster is scum. That's higher than I would've assumed, we really need that extension...

You, sir, are sidelining.  I also feel like you're sitting here manipulating the crowd (as in your "what do you think about Vector?  Isn't she just the scummiest?!" post).  It also seems like you're redirecting us to lurkers, and away from the guy who's currently on the stage (i.e. USEC_OFFICER).

Figured joining the game called beginner mafia was a good idea for a beginner... And the edit wasnt the name, and to be honest I dont even remember what it was exactly. Wont happen again tho.

So are you, but you're being a bit less manipulative.  Have any opinions on the current situation, or are you just going to sit there and pop up when people ask questions?

I see. Unvote.

And you.  Cut it out or swing in the breeze, scumbuckets!  I'm serious about this.  Surely you have something to say?  I mean, 3/9 completely inactive does not a good game make.

seeing as I am going to get first lynched, again

This kind of post is really scummy.  Basically, it feels like you're trying for some kind of emotional appeal, rather than actually trying to help out the town or find scum.  You're too busy preserving yourself to root out the scum--so why don't you go start attacking someone, and actually being useful?

UnvoteBandages, is there some reason why you don't want a lynch?

Also, extension.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2010, 12:30:27 am »

UnvoteBandages, is there some reason why you don't want a lynch?

You read something in my post that was not there. Never did I say I was opposed to a lynch. The only thing in my post is the curiosity as to why Rube is so adamant to lynch someone as soon as possible, when we have very few scumtells in this game.

I don't know whether or not you voting for me on something I didn't actually say is scummy, or just telling of poor logical reasoning, but nonethless, I have my eyes on you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2010, 12:38:42 am »

You read something in my post that was not there. Never did I say I was opposed to a lynch. The only thing in my post is the curiosity as to why Rube is so adamant to lynch someone as soon as possible, when we have very few scumtells in this game.

I don't know whether or not you voting for me on something I didn't actually say is scummy, or just telling of poor logical reasoning, but nonethless, I have my eyes on you.

... This is what you said:

Not "lynch someone at this stage of the game."  No, you're asking about just plain "lynching someone."  It sounds as though you are opposed to lynching anyone, which is especially odd given Rube's posts.  Of late, they've been going "extend extend extend."  I don't know about you, but anyone that's extending that hard and pushing others to do so probably doesn't want to "lynch someone RIGHT NOW."

Still bad logic, or am I getting on your nerves yet?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2010, 12:47:24 am »

Well what you're saying isn't really an argument for anything other than how you're choosing to wrongly interpret my words... so I don't know how to respond other than say read my last post.

/shrug

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2010, 12:48:40 am »

Well what you're saying isn't really an argument for anything other than how you're choosing to wrongly interpret my words... so I don't know how to respond other than say read my last post.

/shrug

Erm, no.  What I'm saying is twofold:

1. The literal meaning of your post says nothing about the current state of the game
2. What is giving you the impression that Rube is lynch-happy?

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2010, 12:51:10 am »

Unvote

I guess if were gonna extend I'll actually try playing.

Vector your awfully good at redirecting any interest in yourself by blowing little things out of proportion.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2010, 12:59:57 am »

1. The literal meaning of your post says nothing about the current state of the game
2. What is giving you the impression that Rube is lynch-happy?

1. Your interpretation.
2. His posts, at least recently, have all been concerning the likelihood that easy targets (read: players that haven't been posting at all) are mafia. It's easy for scum to point out that someone is lurking for the sake of drawing attention to them. It's even more likely that a scum will constantly try to nail the point home that a lurker is scummy. This is what Rube has been doing. This is why I asked that question.

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2010, 04:27:25 am »

It's my understanding that a nolynch is bad for town, because it doesn't tell us anything while giving the scum a free night kill. Even in the worse case scenario, where we lynch a townie, we can look at who voted and why for clues.

That said, we're not eager to lynch anybody. Extending is much better. The scum don't get their free kill, and we don't potentially lose a townie.

2. His posts, at least recently, have all been concerning the likelihood that easy targets (read: players that haven't been posting at all) are mafia. It's easy for scum to point out that someone is lurking for the sake of drawing attention to them. It's even more likely that a scum will constantly try to nail the point home that a lurker is scummy. This is what Rube has been doing. This is why I asked that question.

It isn't what I've been doing. The only possible places I think I could be accused of picking on lurkers;

1. USEC_OFFICER implies that you're scum trying to get Vector lynched. My off-hand reply is that you've been lurking too much to attempt this.

2. Stating that I don't want to continue with a lynch when Magwebster has been absent (I never accused him of lurking, I don't think he's here period). I wasn't trying to accuse him of being scum either, I was just pointing out that continuing with a lynch when there's a ~23% chance one of the scum has been entirely absent is statistically unsound.

Besides Bandages, I don't think Magwebster is scum because I have a good idea who is.

You, sir, are sidelining.  I also feel like you're sitting here manipulating the crowd (as in your "what do you think about Vector?  Isn't she just the scummiest?!" post).

Are you mad that I accused you of being scummy?

It also seems like you're redirecting us to lurkers, and away from the guy who's currently on the stage (i.e. USEC_OFFICER).

I asked USEC_OFFICER my questions, and my vote still rests on him.

I'm curious about this 'stage' though... I wasn't aware there was there was a stage we should all be concentrating on. I've been persuing my own investigations. You seem unhappy that attention is being turned away from USEC_OFFICER.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20