Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Mafia wins!  (Read 35397 times)

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Day One Has Begun! Need town IC!
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2010, 06:40:20 am »

Thank you, Toony!

Votecount:
Thendash - {0}
USEC_OFFICER - {0}
Bandages - {0}
magwebster - {2} USEC_OFFICER, Vector
Ottofar - {0}
shibdib - {1} Thendash
Vector - {2} Bandages, Rube
Toaster - {1} shibdib
Rube - {1} Toaster

Not Voting:

magwebster, Ottofar

Day ends Tuesday at 8:00pm CST

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Day One Is Underway!
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2010, 06:46:02 am »

Okay everybody do their things, I'm gonna sleep soon and then get up later.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2010, 09:06:53 am »

Of all the roles, I think the Doctor is probably most influencial to the game's outcome. Cop seems like it wouldn't be much use to the Town side, outside of affecting the judgement of the Townie that gets it. Roleblocker and Godfather seem very niche.

I see.

Vector; So, you managed to get 'bad learner', 'inactive', 'will need replacing', 'arrogant', 'naive' and 'refuses advice' from Magwebster's two short posts? And then you bandwagoned him..?

I'll vote to even the scores a little, although if you were actually scum you'd probably be less obvious about it.

Even though you don't think he's scummy, you voted him to tie the vote count?  That's not a town friendly move.  If you don't think he's scum, why aren't you moving on to the next target?

Vector:  Bandages asked who you would off as mafia, but the way you described everyone, it seemed to be more like you were listing dangers to the town.  Which is it?

shibdib:  Editing posts is against the rules.

Thendash:  What did you learn from your first game that you plan to apply in this game?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2010, 10:05:57 am »

Even though you don't think he's scummy, you voted him to tie the vote count?  That's not a town friendly move.  If you don't think he's scum, why aren't you moving on to the next target?

I said it was obviously scummy. Don't you find Vector's random character assassination and attempt to start a bandwagon scummy?

A tie vote at this stage is hardly counterproductive for us anyway, we've still got ~4 days.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2010, 12:02:25 pm »

@Vector: You seem to have quite a bit of experience in mafia(judging by your post and the fact that a few people seemed to know you), why are you playing in a beginners game?
As for your observations on me, this is my second game of mafia and my first one was the previous beginner's game so I'd hardly say I have experience.

Yup, I have quite a bit of experience.  I also haven't played a single game for perhaps four or five months (during which time I pretty much rebuilt my brain [long story]), so I joined a newbie game.  I'm also trying to rework my playstyle and figure out how my insight fares post-rebuild.

By "you have experience," I meant that you're not a complete newbie.  So in this case, I suppose I was right.

Vector; So, you managed to get 'bad learner', 'inactive', 'will need replacing', 'arrogant', 'naive' and 'refuses advice' from Magwebster's two short posts? And then you bandwagoned him..?

I'll vote to even the scores a little, although if you were actually scum you'd probably be less obvious about it.

Yes, I did.  Someone asked me a question ("what do you think of the other players," in essence), so I answered.  There's no point in lying about perceived flaws, and there's no point in shying away from the second vote on the person you want answers from.

shibdib, have you ever played mafia before? If so have you ever played with any of the people in the current roster?

Mafiwat? Is that like guns, just with suits?

Toaster ... mmmm toast

Also, do I look wrong about this guy?

Vector:  Bandages asked who you would off as mafia, but the way you described everyone, it seemed to be more like you were listing dangers to the town.  Which is it?

Oh, sorry.  That was just a generic character read, and the actual results were below that.  Dangers to the town = bonuses to the scum, and vice-versa.

Also, people tend to be more active when they've just been insulted.  A lot of the games here have been dying, and I'd really rather not have to watch the subforum go down in flames.  The hope is that an active and engaging beginner's game will lead to more activity in other games.  I miss the days when we had 8 extremely active games running at the same time.

Also, I am female.

I said it was obviously scummy. Don't you find Vector's random character assassination and attempt to start a bandwagon scummy?

Overreaction noted.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2010, 03:09:53 pm »

shibdib, might I ask you why you edited your post? (And what was orginally on it?)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2010, 08:23:13 pm »

Formally request prods for those who have not shown up to the game yet and don't have a previously mentioned excuse.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2010, 08:24:39 pm »

Also:

USEC_OFFICER, what color is my shirt?

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2010, 08:29:10 pm »

Formally request prods for those who have not shown up to the game yet and don't have a previously mentioned excuse.

Which would be...magwebster?  Done.
Will force-replace him if he's not back by Monday night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2010, 08:30:42 pm »

Which would be...magwebster?  Done.
Will forcereplace him if he's not back by Monday night.

Huh.  It's really just him?  Funny, it felt pretty... sparse... in here.  Well, anyway, I hope this picks up soon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2010, 09:46:20 pm »

It damn sure sounds like you're saying he's not scum there.  So he's nonscum obvscum?  I don't understand your point here.

Vector:  D'oh, my bad.  I knew that, I just forgot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2010, 10:07:03 pm »

All right.  As I wait for magwebster to get here, I guess I'll unvote.

Thendash, you seem to be keeping pretty quiet.  The first day is already over, after all, and you've hardly said anything.  What do you think of the current situation?

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2010, 12:53:45 am »

Unvote, shibdib, you might want to go read up on a few games so you know what's going on.
Ottofar, has yet to post as well so maybe a prod on him too. I'd like to know who you'd want as a scum partner out of the people on the current roster.

Toaster: Well my first game was as scum so I'm interested to see how it all plays out from the, "other side". Hard to apply what I learned as scum to a postion I haven't palyed yet.

Vector: The first day is not already over, or do you mean real life(TM) day? You seem quick to call out people for lurking, but take into consideration that not everyone has the time to post multiple times a day. As for your question, it's still RVS and not everyone has posted yet so it's not much of a situation. But you seem the most agressive, since you've posted like 6 times to the average 1-2 times of everyone else.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2010, 01:03:06 am »

Posting a lot isn't bad if it's helping learn new info.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2010, 01:15:28 am »

Vector: The first day is not already over, or do you mean real life(TM) day? You seem quick to call out people for lurking, but take into consideration that not everyone has the time to post multiple times a day. As for your question, it's still RVS and not everyone has posted yet so it's not much of a situation. But you seem the most agressive, since you've posted like 6 times to the average 1-2 times of everyone else.

I meant the first real life day.  And yeah, I may seem quick to call people out for lurking--but god damn am I pissed about the subforum dying.  I just... it meant something, you know?  So I'm trying to kick people up out of their hidey-holes.  I mean, yeah.  Maybe no one has time to post more than once a day.  If that's the case, then that's okay.  But if people just aren't playing... well, that just burns me up.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20