Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Mafia wins!  (Read 35299 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - D3! Replacement requester renightkilled!
« Reply #255 on: August 17, 2010, 07:31:10 pm »

Well then what I say still stands. I felt that I dodged a bullet, and hid. Dying twice on day one would suck.

As for overractions: It's what I do.

If you are town, I will eat you alive when this game is over.  SERIOUSLY, man.

I wouldn't. I'm too stringy. Very little meat as well.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 17, 2010, 07:33:44 pm »

Perfect: I'm a vegetarian.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 17, 2010, 07:34:06 pm »

Also, I would like to say shorten, prefering to end with a joke and not a heartattack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 17, 2010, 07:52:58 pm »

Dude, don't shorten your own death. That's just bad because your team loses.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 17, 2010, 09:25:19 pm »

"Just kill me already.", USEC_OFFICER cried, taking up the rope and placing the noose around his neck. "There's no point in going on now.  They've won."

"You just want us to believe that."  Toaster replied, taking up the other end and throwing it over the rafters.

Ottofar pulled up a chair, and USEC stepped up.

"Numbers don't lie, Vector!" Rube pleaded.  "Toaster has to be scum!  Help me out here!"

Vector said nothing, watching USEC intently.

"See you on the other side." He said flatly, and stepped down to his doom.

The last light of the setting sun flared through the arch of the doorway, illuminating the swaying body, then all was dark.

Silence reigned for a few precious seconds, before it was shattered by a voice tinged maliciously discordant.

"I think she's quite capable of leading a town to its ruin."

"Of course she is, my dear Toaster. Of course she is."

NGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Two shots rang out, accompanied by a distressed peal from the church bell. 

Rube fell forward, blood flowing from his chest.

"My numbers..." he coughed, "they can't have been wrong."

Toaster stumbled, surprised but unhurt, and looked around.

Ottofar had a gun trained on Rube, Vector was in the entrance, pointing her own gun upward.

Both Toaster and Ottofar looked at her quizzically, united briefly in confusion.

"What?" Vector said, shrugging.  "I thought it'd be dramatic."

Ottofar sighed, and Toasters expression shifted quickly from puzzlement to fear as Vector lowered her gun to him.

"You shouldn't have trusted me."

She smiled as she pulled the trigger.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 17, 2010, 09:25:57 pm »

The day has ended.

USEC_OFFICER has been lynched!

USEC_OFFICER was a Townie!

Ottofar, Godfather, has won!
Vector, Roleblocker, has won!

Roles:
1. Thendash - Townie
2. USEC_OFFICER - Townie
3. Bandages - Townie
4. Scatterbrain - Townie
5. Ottofar - Mafia - Godfather
6. shibdib - Townie
7. Vector - Mafia - Roleblocker
8. Toaster - Townie
9. Rube - Townie

MafiaChat
DeadChat

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 17, 2010, 09:27:13 pm »

Role PMs:
Quote from: Townie
You are a Townie.  Each day you may vote on one person who you would like to lynch.  Majority vote wins.  In the case of a tie, a NoLynch will occur.  You win when both Mafia members are dead.

Quote from: Godfather
Supreme in your domain, you are the Godfather.  Leader of the Scum, you run a smooth operation with no leaks or strings leading back to yourself.  Should a Cop attempt to investigate you in the night, his efforts will be fruitless, and he will see you as just another Townie.  A rich, influential townie.

Your right hand man is Vector, a skilled Roleblocker.  Speak with him in private here.

Quote from: Roleblocker
As a former member of an elite spec ops unit, you make an excellent Roleblocker.  Your skills in sabotage are second to none, and find frequent use as a member of the local Mafia.  Each night, you may select one person to suppress, and any actions they attempt will fail utterly.

Your comrade is Ottofar. Speak with him in private here.

N1 Actions:
Quote from: Vector -> Toaster
When you arrive at your home, you swiftly don black sweats.  You place your hockey mask and night-vision goggles into a bag and make your way to Toaster's place.  Surveillance immediately finds him sitting at his table, reading a book, in full view of the window.  An assassination just waiting to happen, but that's not why you're here.  You set up shop in the abandoned house across the street, and wait patiently until sunrise, checking constantly to see that Toaster is still present.  At midnight, he gets up and goes to bed, enjoying the sleep you deny yourself.

Toaster Roleblocked

Quote from: Ottorfar -> Scatterbrain
Returning home, you set to work on your one private joy.  Cooking.  With masterful craftsmanship you fashion a  meal of filet mignon wrapped in bacon, whipped potatoes with homemade gravy, and rocky-road ice cream for dessert.  Then you call up Scatterbrain, and ask him if he'd like a meal.  He accepts, and on arrival you crack open the special bottle of red wine.

The meal is pleasant, and any other time might have sparked a wonderful friendship, but tonight that is not to be.  Soon he politely mentions that he's not feeling so well.  You offer him a ride home, which he again accepts graciously.  At his house, you walk him up to his bed.  He crawls in and immediately goes limp.  Soon he begins sweating profusely, moaning and crying in pain-filled nightmares as you look on.  His cries weaken, and then stop altogether.  You step forward and place your hand at his throat.  Finding his pulse satisfactorily gone, you head back out to your car, thinking pleasant thoughts of the half-tub of chocolate, nutty bliss that awaits you.

Scatterbrain has been MafiaNKed.

N2 Actions:
Quote from: Vector -> Rube
From your basement fortress monitoring station, you position your satellite above Rube's home, using thermal imaging to confirm that he is, in fact, present.  Then you switch on some classical music, grab a book, and keep on eye on the screen, waiting for the movement that never comes.

Rube
has been roleblocked.

Quote from: Ottofar -> Thendash
The first to leave shibdib's house, you are also the first to arrive at Thendash's.  You pull a soda out of his fridge, sit at his table with your gun in front of you, and you wait.  You hear the sound of his car pulling up in the driveway, the clicks of his door, and as he walks into the kitchen you are ready.  One pull of the trigger and his kneecap shatters.  You slice off a length of the tablecloth and bind his wrists, then go out to your truck cunningly hidden in his garage, dragging him along with you.  You pull out the lynching rope and double the wrist-bindings, then tie the other end to your tow hitch.  Grinning at the fear in his eyes as realization sets in, you get in the car.  He trys to crawl over to the door, begging and pleading for mercy, but to no avail.  You back out to the road, then burn rubber.  He tries to keep up at first, screaming, but soon his screams turn to thuds, and the thuds subside.  Arriving back at the church, you drag the bloody mess that used to be Thendash inside, and string it up in the rafters.  On the way home, you ponder what dinner should be tonight.  Quiche.  A nice quiche.

Thendash has been MafiaKilled.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:44:11 pm by Lonewolf I »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Mafia wins!
« Reply #262 on: August 17, 2010, 09:41:04 pm »

Damn!

Nice game.  At least I was right a couple times, even if I was wrong in the end.  Ottofar, your shorten almost cost you my belief in your claim- I sat staring at the screen several minutes, and wrote it off as newbieness.

LW- Nice flavor on the end, there.  Thanks for hosting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 17, 2010, 09:52:38 pm »

I was pleasantly surprised at how little trouble there was with attendance.  Thank you all for actively participating.  You made my job so much easier.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 17, 2010, 09:54:49 pm »

Good game, guys, and nice flavor!  Certainly gave me a run for my money a few times, there, especially at the endgame ^_^;;

Special congratulations to shibdib, who seems to have X-ray glasses.  I want to note, by the way, that I didn't deliberately misinterpret anyone at any point in this game (Bandages, I'm looking at you).  I'm sure it was irritating, but I wasn't doing it on purpose.

Erm... and sorry if I offended anyone.  It seems like a lot of you were pretty pissed off, and I'm sorry to hear that.  It's always hard to figure out where the line is.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 17, 2010, 10:16:14 pm »

lol, its comes with the job. Finding scum for a living, you learn a few things :P. Fun game tho.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 18, 2010, 12:27:17 am »

* ToonyMan drifts into space, never to be seen again.

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 18, 2010, 02:37:49 am »

Bah, I was so sure Toaster was scum. I didn't suspect Vector by the end of D3 because a Vector-Toaster scum group didn't make sense. Oh well.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 18, 2010, 06:42:23 am »

The shorten was actually my newbishness, as I didn't realize that the text was for mod in the scumchat.

And the cop-claim was my idea, Vector was against it, in a line I missed in the scumchat.

Good game anyways, It was fun to be scum for the first time.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 18, 2010, 08:29:32 am »

If you want to know what I was thinking it was this: Vector was obviously scum.

After that, I was gonna fix a list of probabilities USEC posted:
Ottofar truth (50%):
Godfather (50%):
Vector - 33%
Ottofar - 0%
USEC - 67%
Toaster - 67%
Rube - 33%

No Godfather (50%):
Vector - 0%
Ottofar - 0%
USEC - 100%
Toaster - 100%
Rube - 0%

No Cop (50%):
Vector - 25%
Ottofar - 100%
USEC - 25%
Toaster - 25%
Rube - 25%

Total:
Vector - 20.83%
Ottofar - 50%
USEC - 54.17%
Toaster - 54.17%
Rube - 20.83%

Which wouldn't've mattered, because I would've lynched Vector first, confirming a Godfather, and running into a 50% chance for a Cop:
Ottofar either lying or Ottofar telling the truth, since Rube would be killed and either USEC or Toaster scanned.

Hence it leads to this situation:
Ottofar - 50%
One of USEC/Toaster: 50%
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20