Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Godhood Adventures (AXD20) - Ep1: Manna From Heaven  (Read 4851 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood Adventures (AXD20) - Ep1: Manna From Heaven
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2010, 05:19:51 pm »

"Sir, my name is Elian, the jester here is Alton, this is Trun, a man of few words, Riest, a man that I know well and this is... Ner'run, someone who is mysterious. and you wanted to know my tale... Sit down and listen." I spin the story again, like last time
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2010, 05:39:07 pm »

I stand back respectfully from the Dwarf King and let Elian tell his story without the humorous pantomime.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2010, 06:36:36 pm »

The chief listens to the tale with a faint smile, raising a hand when it comes to the 'happily ever after' bit.

"So you understand the importance of the metal, its many uses and value.  You understand also that there is truth in all legends.  Some moreso than others."  Urist stands and beckons you to follow him, leading you through a back door in the hall, extending into rougher-looking corridors.  After a few moments you become aware that you are in fact in a mine.  The walk is not long and Urist carries a lit lantern the whole way, but at one point you pass a chamber guarded by two dwarves in leather armour and copper breastplates, both holding heavy copper axes.  The chamber is lit, and filled with copper weapons, armour and jewellery.

The dwarf stops before a segment of rock, almost the same as any other except for the vein of gleaming metal running through the wall.  A brilliant, silvery metal with a distinctive violet hue.  Urist gives you all a significant look.

"You can understand, then, the importance of this site.  If you are willing to brave the danger - and this expedition will be dangerous - I will have no qualm in letting you take as much as each of you can carry from the chamber we passed on our way down.  What do you say, gentlemen?"
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2010, 07:08:21 pm »

since it's already done, cloak and follow the others.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:29:10 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2010, 07:21:44 pm »

Accept the quest.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2010, 07:23:46 pm »

Ner'run:  [TAC: 16, WAH: 20]  You evade the crowd by ducking into the throne room before they lynch you.  Not only do you manage to cloak yourself, you do so so successfully that not even your allies realise you are in the room with them.  You follow them, unseen, down to the mine to listen to events as they pass.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2010, 07:30:31 pm »

is there anything obviously valuable in the room?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2010, 07:41:43 pm »

Trun grunts, shrugs, and says, "Yeah, I accept this quest."
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2010, 07:50:04 pm »

"Is there a reason not to?"

Accept the quest
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2010, 07:51:14 pm »

Ya know, I for one would at least ask what the quest IS first...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2010, 08:17:24 pm »

I take the stance of: my character is a beserker, so he won't care what the job is as long as he is allowed to kill stuff and has the possibility of dieing heroically.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2010, 10:45:34 pm »

This is an elfy thing to do. Therefore, we shall bull rush head-first into all enimies and leave them covered in our blood an missing vital organs. That's the dwarfy way to do it.

Damn, that was so badass, I want to sig myself. :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2010, 01:06:58 am »

Yes, definitely watching this... Muahahaha.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2010, 02:34:56 am »

Accept the quest
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2010, 03:12:12 am »

"Excellent," says the dwarven chief, clapping his hands together in glee at the prospect of adventurers willing/foolish enough to accept a quest before knowing all the details.  "The Worldsgate is a day's travel toward the centre of the world, where Maia is highest in the sky.  You may have seen it in the plains on your way up here.  Your job will be to travel to the world of plates and recover an object of great importance."

Cleavewoods begins walking back up the mine shaft, beckoning you to follow as he speaks.

"According to legend, the world of plates was forged by a god known as Alex, the creator of the first dwarves.  His world was much unlike ours in that its sun moved across the sky, so that all parts would experience light and dark.  Their people measured days not by the movements of Maia's Children in the sky but by the movement of their sun.  Furthermore their world was not solid all the way through as Aether is, but merely great plates of land suspended in the air by Alex's will.

"Alex brought elves from Aether to live on his world also, but the two races committed some unknown transgression against Him, so He created great fortresses and sealed them within, providing for them an eternal source of food in a pair of altars, which when prayed at would summon a bountiful meal.

"These altars are the key to my people's survival at this place.  Without one, we will be forced to move on to greener pastures.  Now, it so happens that when the god Alex supposedly died, Gheronaton is said to have opened up the altars and ended the sentence of the Plateworld's people.  After doing so, the dwarves remained but the elves all returned to Aether.  This means that one of the altars is unguarded.  Your quest is to retrieve this altar and bring it back to us."

By this time, you have returned to the throne room.

"Do you have any questions?"

----

Edit:  On Mythril.  Oops!  But then, who's to say that actually mythril?  Unless we've established that mithril with an I exists, I can work around this.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8