Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Godhood Adventures (AXD20) - Ep1: Manna From Heaven  (Read 4840 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood Adventures (AXD20) - Ep1: Manna From Heaven
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2010, 01:21:40 pm »

I take a swallow (Read: A shaft with a blade on each side, like an oar)
That's a real weapon? I've only ever seen one in Chrono Cross.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2010, 01:24:33 pm »

Well there is the Eku. Its the same but with only one blade. (Also I so ripped off Cc)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2010, 05:19:40 pm »

Elian: [PSYCH: 14] The dwarves are bewildered by your request, but you are so persuasive that they stick two one-sided dagger blades into a shaft for you.  It roughly approximates the weapon you requested, but you will probably need to be careful with your backswing not to cut yourself or your companions, especially since you have no training with such a blade whatsoever.

Alton gets a plain and serviceable copper dagger, excellent for concealment.

Ner'run may reveal himself and beg a favour, or attempt to steal one from the hoard.

Once such issues of equipment are sorted, you are all given a night's rest before your journey, as well as five days' worth of food - a scarce enough resource amongst the dwarves.  You journey to the Worldsgate, a gleaming white archway to apparently nowhere.  All of you have travelled through the gates before, however, and know that all you need do is speak the name of the place you wish to visit to open a portal.  One of you calls the Worldsgate to access the Plateworld.

The inner part of the gate shimmers like warm air for a moment, then an image of a rocky mountainside comes into being, hazy at first and then focusing into perfect clarity.  On the other side you can see what looks like a sheep trail, as well as a sheep.  Or what would be a sheep if sheep were lizards and had golden hair of about the texture of steel wool.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2010, 05:26:50 pm »

Go through, carefully
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2010, 08:29:37 pm »

Stick close to the others in these unfamiliar environments
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2010, 10:53:12 pm »

Amble through the gate, but be ready. Activate Jarlaxle mode.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2010, 02:59:51 am »

I sling my shield on my back, stick my axe in my belt, ready my blade-onna-stick and boldly advance through the gate.

OOC: So the weapon I got is basically a Naginata?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2010, 03:29:49 am »

The five of you enter the gate, though from nearly everyone's perspective four of you enter the gate.  You appear to have lost Ner'run at the dwarven village, possibly to the hands of dwarven villagers.  Someone said something about imprisonment, so you assume he's safe.  Maybe.  Depends how loyal you were to that psychopath.

Moving onwards!  The four of you enter the gate, Alton preparing himself for sudden attack by Jarlaxles.  Fortunately, no such beasts arrive - you'd be utterly screwed if they did!  Even one Jarlaxle is a match for the four of you, especially now that Ner'run's gone.  Fortunately, they are extremely rare.  You aren't even sure if Jarlaxles live on the Plateworld.

The lizard-sheep bleats at you in a vaguely lizard-like fashion as you approach and trundles off down the footpath.  Further down the path you can see a handful more of those sheep grazing on some sort of tough grey-green grass growing out of the rocks.  There appears to be a dwarf in golden clothes herding them.

-----

Yeah, it's a slightly mis-proportioned dwarven naginata.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:31:38 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2010, 03:33:51 am »

"[Insert jovial greeting here]"
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2010, 05:40:23 am »

The dwarf yelps in panic at the huge orc bearing down on him.  [PSYCH: 14]  Fortunately, you are polite enough in your jovial greeting to assuage his fears.  He greets you and introduces himself as Onol.

"Been a while since we saw that big white arc come to life," he says in a rather rural accent.  You assume it's a rural accent, you don't have much of a frame of reference.  "What are you folks coming our way for?"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2010, 05:42:24 am »

[insert blunt, honest but friendly reply]
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2010, 05:53:15 am »

"Oh! we were just looking for the altar. Do you know where it is?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2010, 06:35:43 am »

"Oh. aye.  You'll be wanting the Rockburrows chief, will you?  Well, I was heading that way anyhow with the flock, so no harm in leading you along the way."

Onol, after about half an hour of tending to his flock, leads you at sheep-pace through the narrow passes of the mountains.  As far as you can see, there are only mountains.  Literally, they stretch almost to the horizon, where you can see very distantly a sort of green region bordered by what looks like a wide river.

After three hours of walking, you see what can only be the Altar up ahead; a massive stone fortress, half-built into the mountainside.  As you approach you see that there are hundreds of rough stone shelters piled up against its outer walls; equally hundreds of short, stocky figures in rough golden clothing are milling about, pushing carts made of boiled leather and bone filled with ore towards a foundry.  It looks like the dwarves here know more about smithy than the ones on Aether do, and it is not hard to see why.  Erected above the smoking foundry is a statue of an enormous six-winged, six-armed dwarf.  A pair of smaller statues with only two arms and two wings stand on either side of the fortress' main entrance, an enormous high doorway.  There was once a huge stone slab covering it, but it looks like this has since been torn down and is now used as the foundation for the smithy.

"Welcome to the Altar, folks," says Onol as he leads you into town.  "Home of the Rockburrows clan, biggest clan on all the Plate.  Guess you folks are pilgrims to the shrine, huh?"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2010, 06:42:48 am »

"Yes, something like that."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2010, 04:07:27 pm »

Without any prompting, Onol shrugs and continues.

"Anyhow," he says.  "I need to get these sheep back to the pen.  If you need food, of course, head to the shrine.  Tools or the like, there's the forge, and there's the bar if you need a drink.  Only reason the bar's not in the temple is 'cause folks didn't feel right getting drunk in Gheronaton's shrine, but the drink all comes from the Altar anyway.  Anything else, it's probably in the shrine."

Onol gives you all a nod and carries on herding his sheep.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8