Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Godhood Adventures (AXD20) - Ep1: Manna From Heaven  (Read 4843 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood Adventures (AXD20) - Ep1: Manna From Heaven
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2010, 03:16:13 am »

"What are we likely to have to kill in the course of this task?"
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2010, 03:18:14 am »

How big is the altar?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2010, 03:41:21 am »

"I've never seen the altar, so I don't know, but by all accounts not much larger than a small table.  Two to four of you should be able to lift it without trouble. As for what you're going to have to kill, I should warn you that the Elven altar is supposedly found in a near-endless forest.  I would be wary of wild beasts if I were you."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2010, 03:45:08 am »

"Is there any help you can give before hand?
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2010, 03:49:19 am »

"May I have a full suit of armor, preferably plate, another axe and a sword or two?"
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2010, 04:49:00 am »

Well, all the Elves actually emigrated when Luna offered them amnesty to return to Aether, so only the Dwarves live there.

Also, you aren't actually on the Plateworld yet.  You're still on the ringworld of Aether - but you'll be headed to the Plateworld soon enough.

Oh, i think you are wrong here. Yes, most went to Aether. But some stayed there, as far as i`m concerned. But it shoulnd`t be that many, that`s true.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:53:25 am by Lordinquisitor »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2010, 05:12:35 am »

Oh, i think you are wrong here. Yes, most went to Aether. But some stayed there, as far as i`m concerned. But it shoulnd`t be that many, that`s true.

Really?  Well, in this particular adventure, the elves are as good as gone, in any case.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2010, 05:16:04 am »

The dwarf bursts into laughter at Trun's request.

"Oh yes, orc, a fine request!  And what sort of reward would I have to offer if I gave you that?  Not to mention the fact that only the greatest of warriors can even afford such a thing.  I can offer you and your companions one weapon, shield or piece of armour, in finest copper, from our hoard.  Or a supply of medicines we received in trade from the elves.  Or whatever sort of tool you feel you will need, if we have it.  Once you have retrieved the altar, you can take your pick of our treasure, but until then I am afraid our resources are somewhat stretched."

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2010, 05:22:11 am »

OOC: I assume you mean one item each? The way it's worded, we, as a group are only allowed one item, which would mean that these people are in a very bad situation.

IC: "Then I shall take a sword, a claymore preferably."
My full sig

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2010, 10:41:50 am »

Well then, i would like to look at you're herbs and medicines

GEt "shamanistic" supplies
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2010, 10:48:02 am »

Unfortunately, the secret of swordsmithy (and in fact smithy) is closely guarded by the orcs.  These dwarves don't even have a functioning foundry; they produce weaponry by hammering and drawing native copper mined out of the rock.  They are unable to produce a claymore for Trun, but a quick search of their hoard produces a pole-arm consisting of a wooden shaft with a curved sword-like blade as long as the shaft on the end.

Riest, you examine the 'medical supplies' brought to you.  The clay jar contains a variety of dried herbs, most intended for fevers and similar minor illnesses.  You do find some powerful painkillers amongst the herbs, though, which should serve well in battle.  There is also a small pot of ointment you can use to stave off rotting on wounds.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2010, 10:48:57 am »

Is there anything that has a trace of magic?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2010, 12:30:22 pm »

Elian: [WAH: 13]  You try to use the techniques you developed for sensing concentrations of Essence, but it appears that nothing in the hoard is enchanted.  Which makes sense, given that dwarves don't have magic.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2010, 12:48:43 pm »

I take a swallow (Read: A shaft with a blade on each side, like an oar)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2010, 01:10:46 pm »

Take a dagger. Stow it in a hidden compartment in my clothing.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8