Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Godhood Adventures (AXD20) - Ep1: Manna From Heaven  (Read 4846 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood Adventures (AXD20)
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 05:13:35 am »

You didn't do it fast enough.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 06:33:28 am »

On the feral matter: Don`t forget that there are the avengers, which might eventually heal or help brave warriors. Also i was going to invent some kind of shamanistic battle magic, but i don`t know when i`ll have the time for it.

Also, wolfchild, there`s a substance called "Death`s brew" which can be found on Incendium. It makes the consumer feel no pain. It is also a potent poison and will kill when it enters the blood- Though it`s highly addictive and eventually kills the addicted. Tough, when used seldom, it should be quite efficient.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 06:38:18 am by Lordinquisitor »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 06:41:20 am »

can I use my sorcerer from over in the other RP? asking because I just like the character, though if I can't, I'll think up a new one.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 06:58:22 am »

Reserving a slot if possible while I create character.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 07:08:05 am »

Player:Ragnarok
Character Name:Ner'run
Character Race:Orc
Character Type:Mage
TAC:5
PSYCH:5
WAH:3
Personality Traits, Appearance Etc: Green skin, Large teeth, rather physically weak for an orc, though his powers make up for this.
Notes: temporary, requires approval to play as him (He's the Dark mage from over in the main thread)
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 07:14:17 am »

I'll tentatively accept Ner'run as the fifth character and reserve a spot for forsaken in the adventure to follow this one.  I have a caveat though, and that is that you re-roll your stats, ragnarok.  There's no way you could have gotten 3/5/5 from 15 - d8, even by taking the Mystic special and altering your scores.  I think you may have just rolled d8s instead.

If it's acceptable, I can re-arrange your scores to:
TAC: 10
PSYCH: 10
WAH: 8

Which would be -5, -5, -7 from the base of 15.

Otherwise, please re-roll.

Forsaken, I'll give you a shout when a suitable NPC comes up if you want to play one, and of course you can always intervene as Astra'ath if your divine attention is attracted or you are prayed to.

Otherwise, I'll ahve the first post up in a little while.  Still at work right now, though.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 07:15:28 am »

*facepalm* sorry, used the wrong base. yeah, those are fine.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 08:16:15 am »

Coradin will be watching.

WATCHING VERY CLOSELY
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 08:27:03 am »

Reserving a slot if possible.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 10:08:08 am »

Hmm the Crows are gathering..flesh is soon to be consumed. Quôth will also be watching...

oh an i would like to get an npc if possible...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 10:51:41 am »

I will just watch this for now. Not sure if I am really interested.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 11:08:17 am »

I humbly suggest that the adventure should take place on Arena. Not only offers it everything, but it also isn`t protected by lunas troublesome wards etc.

Also you can flesh the cultures out as much as you want. Basically it`s an giant sandbox.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 11:09:21 am »

DON'T LISTEN TO THAT GUY WE HAVE PORTAL NETWORKS I CAN SEND IN THE VALKYRIE SHIPS TO TRANSPORT YOU EVERYWHERE HEY HEY

EDIT: You can go there if you want. I'm bad at being mad at planets.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:20:48 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 11:22:48 am »

You could just connect that planet to the other worlds, too. (As far as those portals don`t automatically appear there.)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 11:24:08 am »

Episode 1: Manna from Heaven

Alton, you were brought up amongst the humans of Natus, influenced by the mythical 'Good Jesters' from ancient times in your sense of dress.  You were inspired to a sense of adventure and wanted to infiltrate other societies, originally for your tribe's benefit but later for the sheer thrill of it.  Your experience has made you a master of etiquette in Elven, Dwarven and Human societies and you came to Curio's village beause of the success it was having.

Elian, you were initially brought up by humans on the Nameless World before its destruction, but moved to Aether with your people.  You gained membership in the tribe of the elf Curio, famous for its skill with pottery and command of essence-based magic.  You have a basic comprehension of such power yourself, mainly focused on low-powered telekinesis and the manipulation of light and sound.

Trun, you too were initially from the Nameless World, a berserker for one of the dark fortresses.  When that world was destroyed you fled to Aether with your people and have carved out a living for the most part by raiding and pillaging.  For reasons kept to yourself, you recently left your band of raiders with Ner'run and became more acceptable soldiers of fortune.

Riest, you were born on the harsh and unforgiving world of Incendium.  You alone of your brothers survived - chiefly because they died fighting alongside you against a rival tribe for a scrap of habitable land.  You made use of the few native herbs of Incendium to practise your skills, as well as the dangerous Death's Brew, which you use sparingly because of its ill-effects.  You happened upon the Worldsgate on Incendium by sheer luck, but a Feral tribe was already resident and guarding it.  Many of your kin were killed in the ensuing fight and you managed to escape through it to Aether.  You later joined Curio's tribe, where you met Elian and Alton, and acquired a wider selection of herbs for your rites.

Ner'run, you were a goblin born on the Nameless World, fleeing to Aether when your home was destroyed.  Your life was largely one of abject slavery until you escaped and began thieving from human settlements, whereupon you were visited by dark forces and imbued with terrible powers.  You were chased away from your principal target by the newly self-styled Tyrant of that town and his army and instead joined up with Trun in the events that caused him to leave his band of raiders and join you as a soldier of fortune.  The pair of you hired yourselves out for food and equipment and were looking for work and/or targets of opportunity in Curio's village when you heard the call for mercenaries.

Riest, Elian and Alton decided to pursue the opportunity at the same time as Trun and Ner'run, so both groups agreed to journey together at first, at least until they knew whether the reward would require splitting or not.  Bands of orcs and goblins still raid the countryside of Aether, as the covenant between Luna and Gheronaton is not yet made for the Orcish race to be transported to Incendium.  You spend a few days travelling to the mountains of Aether, part-rock, part-crystal.

You arrive at the village of Copperthreads about halfway up one of the mountains, which holds the distinction of not being a handful of caves and crevices by virtue of not being naturally formed.  Not really believing in upward construction, the dwarves of Copperthreads have cut narrow chambers into the bare rock of the mountainside to serve as homes.  A thin ridge, carved into a wall, serves as rudimentary protection for the village.  The one building in town is really another cut-out cavern with a facade of rough pillars to give the impression of significance.

What dost thou deau?

------

This adventure is being set on the Plateworld, simply because I already have an adventure planned out for it now.  Next adventure is anyone's guess.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:28:02 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8