Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Single Character Role To Dodge: Urist "Luckyhands"  (Read 1640 times)

magwebster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Single Character Role To Dodge: Urist "Luckyhands"
« on: July 15, 2010, 12:37:29 pm »

Standard DF procedure plus whatever creatures/items I decide to throw in there.
Hunger, thirst, sleep, heat are all requirements and they all go down over time. The game play can evolve over time but for now you are a simple *Insert race, job, etc* and have decided to leave home.
After you are accepted I will post you're characters history, settings, and appearance then you start out and do whatever you can want.
Stats are limited to the default and 10 extra points

CHAR SHEET:

Name:
Race:
Stats:
Charisma:
Strength: (P.S. I will deduct/add points for your race choice AND you're skills will affect what you start out with and you're history as well.)
Luck: 5
Stamina: 5
Survivability: 5
perception: 5
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 5

« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:30:54 am by magwebster »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Single Character Role To Dodge: Dwarf Fortress adventure!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 12:51:11 pm »

Name:Cacame "DoomPotato"
Race:Elf
Stats:
Charisma:5
Strength: 5
Luck: 5
Stamina: 5
Survivability: 5
perception: 5
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 5
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:31:45 pm by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 01:26:55 pm »

Name: Urist "Luckyhands"
Race: Dwarf
Stats:
Charisma: 4
Strength: 7
Luck: 10
Stamina: 7
Survivability: 6
perception: 7
Intelligence: 3
Agility: 6

I took some stats away- its still 5x9+10 though so these are just the base stats.

Also maxicaxi i think mine will win- not eveyone will like being called "Doompotato" It sounds stupid
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:49:28 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 11:22:34 pm »

Wait, the subject says single character RTD. Are you going to pick which character is accepted?

(Also you're = your? x1 x2 x3?)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 11:30:51 pm »

it is df name gen acceptable
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 12:21:43 am »

Dude, if this really is a Roll to Dodge, it belongs in the RTD section.
If it isn't, carry on.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 12:26:18 am »

Well I thiiiink that he got the idea from mine, considering the title, and I'm actually having trouble deciding whether or not it belongs in the RTD section. Since it's only one character, it doesn't really fit with the traditional RTDs where each player controls a character, etc. It's more of an anyone all-forum kind of game... And personally I don't think it belongs with the others. But what do you all think? RTD section?

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 12:42:41 am »

Well I thiiiink that he got the idea from mine, considering the title, and I'm actually having trouble deciding whether or not it belongs in the RTD section. Since it's only one character, it doesn't really fit with the traditional RTDs where each player controls a character, etc. It's more of an anyone all-forum kind of game... And personally I don't think it belongs with the others. But what do you all think? RTD section?

i think it does.....

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 12:50:33 am »

i think it does.....

K thank you!

Also, I'm excited to see this one start!

magwebster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 06:24:05 am »

Stats:
Charisma: 4
Strength: 7
Luck: 10

I took some stats away- its still 5x9+10 though so these are just the base stats.

Also maxicaxi i think mine will win- not eveyone will like being called "Doompotato" It sounds stupid
Accepted. I'll post his history in a few Years
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:21:12 am by magwebster »

magwebster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Single Character Role To Dodge: Urist "Luckyhands"
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 07:20:41 am »

THE HISTORY OF Urist "Luckyhands"

When Urist was born we knew straight off he was going to be a numbskull but he was strong so we thought "Maybe a miner" but we where way off when he grew into a child all he did was eat sleep and watch the caravans, What kind of dwarf LIKES the above-ground? Well that would be Urist dumb as a carp strong as one too but all he did was look and when we asked him about it all he would say is "Urist like the outside it look fun" FUN can you believe that? anyways when we finally gave him a job when he grew we just gave him some armor, an axe and told him to guard the caravans then he just did what he wanted.

Stats:
Charisma: 6
Strength: 8
Luck: 7

INVENTORY:
10 coins
dog leather armor
copper axe
1 day food and water
dog leather cap
(I changed around the stats I added charisma and strength and took down luck)

P.S. This will be a simple singe character roll to dodge because I'm a begginer at actually being a master, I will roll but I will decide is based on the roll mostly, I will decide if your stats/armor/weapons/whatever do anything for you (In short you're armor/weapons/stats will decide HOW it happens NOT if it happens.)

magwebster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Single Character Role To Dodge: Urist "Luckyhands"
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 07:30:36 am »

FOLLOWING SUIT TO OTHER PERSON IMMA LOCK THIS AND MAKE A NEW ONE (That will start off with the copy-pasted stats of Urist and history from then you can GO-GO-POWER RANGERS!)