Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thank you so much Toady!  (Read 1814 times)

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Thank you so much Toady!
« on: July 15, 2010, 12:00:59 pm »

I would just like Toady to know that he is awesome and that I would be honored to donate money to him. Your game gave me endless entertainment when I could not afford other games, and it still is more fun than most games that require you to pay for them. Now that I have a job, I can finally afford to donate some money to thank Toady. Thanks again, your game is so much fun!

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you so much Toady!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 07:56:26 am »

Well said my man.  I too look forward to partaking of this "donating" I've heard of once my wife stops spending everything I make.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 08:08:59 am »

As soon as I actually make money, you can bet that I'll be paying Toady for all the fun and enjoyment he's so graciously offered for free.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 08:24:07 am »

I don't own a credit card, because they are evil. Otherwise, I would be donating a sizable portion of my ridiculously low salary to Toady every month!

Hail, Toady! You've made a nifty game here.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 08:56:05 am »

I have no income!
But otherwise, OF COURSE I would donate. Not even a question.

...see, I can haz excuses, too!   :P
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 08:57:49 am »

I don't own a credit card, because they are evil. Otherwise, I would be donating a sizable portion of my ridiculously low salary to Toady every month!

Hail, Toady! You've made a nifty game here.

Same here. That said, I've applied for one, so I should be able to remedy that soon.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 10:58:41 am »

Paypal can tie into your bank account or draw on a debit card. :)

I know how you feel, I don't use credit cards either.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 06:07:00 pm »

Yea, I don't have a credit card either, I just used my bank account tied to paypal.

zxcvmnb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 07:51:13 pm »

Echoing OP.

The only reasons I use my credit and not my debit card online are that the consequences of the former's details being stolen (by means of keyloggers, phishing etc.) aren't as serious, and that it's easier to withhold payments if necessary etc.. Still, I don't much like the idea of my purchasing being 'profiled' and the data bought and sold...

Congrats for your job, btw.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 10:14:45 pm »

I would donate if I made made that my allowance of ~$3 a week. But meh. Always birthdays and chanukkah to look forwards to. Being a Jewish child does have it's benefits. Also, that title seemed so sarcastic to me at first. I though it would be some sort of complaint about plaster. Now that I've read it, I say it needs to be posted much more.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 03:09:03 am »

I'd definitely donate plenty if I could, seeing as my mother won on Who Wants to be a Millionaire and is giving me some.

But I lack a credit card or a Paypal account.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 04:21:15 am »

I'd definitely donate plenty if I could, seeing as my mother won on Who Wants to be a Millionaire and is giving me some.

But I lack a credit card or a Paypal account.
Right. My troll sense is tingling.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 07:49:36 am »

I own my own company and make plenty of money, I even donate frequently for all manners of good causes, but I'm afraid my religion forbids donating over the internet  :o
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 09:54:19 am »

Right. My troll sense is tingling.
I know, it falls under that whole 'Reality is Unrealistic' thing.

Also, just about every troll on these forums (all six of them) have joined this year or very late last year. I was around before then, although classing people by thier join dates is stupid anyway.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

zxcvmnb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 10:13:00 am »

trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls
Pages: [1] 2