Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fun With (existing) Syndromes  (Read 1644 times)

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fun With (existing) Syndromes
« on: July 15, 2010, 11:46:40 am »

Posted something like this some time ago, wanted to see what people have come up with since. Basically, just list your cool syndrome-based modding ideas.

This has a sister thread in suggestions, http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61477.0 , where we ask for things we need Toady's help for.

Topics divided for length. Please submit your own ideas, or confirm if the ones listed here will actually work.

Syndrome-Rich Enemies
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Syndromes for Combat

Syndrom Gimmicks

Syndrome Mechanical Tricks
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 11:56:46 am by FreakyCheeseMan »
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fun With (existing) Syndromes
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 01:24:02 pm »

I use skunks, temp blinding followed by mauling; then the target loses keels over in pain.
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 01:29:29 pm »

A work of beauty, that is. Anyone else got anything?

Later today I'll add anoher category, for code examples.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

OneOfNone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 09:44:46 am »

If a creature has poison blood that effects it, will it take the effects before it bleeds?

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 05:02:56 pm »

As much as I hate resurrecting old threads this is the closest one to what I am searching for.

In a nutshell, I am going to try to make exploding cats that go off in a puff of poison gas.

Basically the exact thing as the first idea in the OP.

This is my first modding project but I've read through a lot of the wiki and the forums topics.  Any suggestions or hints would be appreciated.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0