Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prison design (May contain spoilers)  (Read 1616 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Prison design (May contain spoilers)
« on: July 15, 2010, 03:33:23 am »

Ehm i wanna know is some of these execution ways can work and if you guys know more, because in a fort im going to make called "Spinedemons" will be a huge prison tower where high criminal dwarfs will get executed and where criminal will be imprisoned. And this thread will hopefully answer some of my questions and provide designs for it.
And i thought of these things
-Ballista execution (You know it)
-Drowning chamber (You know it also)
-Magma chamber (replace the water with magma)
-The room ( a room where a dwarf will die of hunger and thrist with a stench of miasma,No light,Bones and corpses and no way out)
-The blender?( a room with serrated discs which will shred the dwarf) <- can this work?
-Beast room (dwarf will fight against animals) Any suggestions of animals?
-The fall ( Dwarf falls from a height crushing himself to death) or ( Dwarf falls into Magma!)
-The Atomizer (Bridge that atomizes the dwarf) <- does this work?
-Stay in hell ( Just like the room but he will be put in hell) But is it worth to open hell?

The Prisoner living quarters
Should i let the Lower security prisoners sleep alone or in pairs? in 3x4 rooms? or alone in 3x3 rooms? or do you have some other stylish design for 1 or 2 dwarfs? but also should their rooms contain a cabinet and chest?
And the higher security prisons would it be better if it was connected to a sealing room which would be connected to a Guard room and the guard room would be finally connected to the hallway?

And could anybody give me a pump stack design? for the magma

updates for further questions will come later

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:35:16 am by Jetsquirrel »

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison design (May contain spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 04:11:37 am »

You could have a drowning chamber.  Or you could have a swimming chamber....  How long do you think a berserk dwarf can stay afloat?

-The blender?( a room with serrated discs which will shred the dwarf) <- can this work?

Unconscious dwarfs set off weapon traps.  So do webbed dwarfs.  So its possible.  (Also lets you cage supposedly innocent dwarfs, for when you start running out of prisoners.)

I think you might find that you have a decent collection of berserk dwarfs for them to fight....  I prefer pitting parents against their own children.

Should i let the Lower security prisoners sleep alone or in pairs? in 3x4 rooms? or alone in 3x3 rooms? or do you have some other stylish design for 1 or 2 dwarfs? but also should their rooms contain a cabinet and chest?

Why allow sleep?  I believe you might be able to rig up a system whereby a common dormitory was intermittently flooded with 4 deep water.

Wiki demonstrates pretty well, I think.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 04:37:50 am »

You could have a drowning chamber.  Or you could have a swimming chamber....  How long do you think a berserk dwarf can stay afloat?

Unconscious dwarfs set off weapon traps.  So do webbed dwarfs.  So its possible.  (Also lets you cage supposedly innocent dwarfs, for when you start running out of prisoners.)

I think you might find that you have a decent collection of berserk dwarfs for them to fight....  I prefer pitting parents against their own children.

Why allow sleep?  I believe you might be able to rig up a system whereby a common dormitory was intermittently flooded with 4 deep water.

Wiki demonstrates pretty well, I think.

ehm posted too soon
Because i don't think that dwarfs that stole something DON't deserve any sleep. maybe the people in hi sec prison but not lower, does a 1z fall bring the unconcous?
And the problem is with the berserk dwarf that they will also rip eachother apart but a good idea
And i really like the swimming chamber idea
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:41:59 am by Jetsquirrel »

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 04:57:21 am »

1z fall won't bring unconsciousness, but cave-in dust will.  I'm not sure if sleep counts, but it might.  Something like a GCS silk farm would be ideal, though-- not for the silk, but for what it can do to your dwarfs.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 08:29:21 am »

If it's freezing, encase them in ice. Or, combine the flooding and magma room- hold the magma on a bridge over the water- and encase them in obsidian.

Or have them fight in an arena.

Or, if you want to be *really* creative... capture a number of creatures whose blood/breath causes bad things. If it's breath, put them in a room adjacent to the sell, seperated by fortifications, or a room above/below, with a grate floor. If it's blood, put them in a room above made with a grate floor, and have weak marksdwarves with crappy bolts shoot at them, raining infected blood on the prisoner, causing boils/necrosis/whatever else you can get.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 09:27:54 am »

Ehm i just wanted to make a magma pump and according to wikiit should be at the bottom levels so i dug down and found semi-molten rock and the question is "how do i get past it or something to get to the magma?"

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 09:32:01 am »

Ehm i just wanted to make a magma pump and according to wikiit should be at the bottom levels so i dug down and found semi-molten rock and the question is "how do i get past it or something to get to the magma?"

Semi-molten rock is the bottom of the mortal world.  Your magma ends there also, and will be somewhere in the surrounding area at the level you have reached.  The only way through the semi-molten rock is through the small special areas that lead to FUN.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 09:53:01 am »

I searched for a sand stockpile in the options and couldn't find it. so could anybody tell me where i can find the option to enable sand to be stockpiled

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 10:48:48 am »

I searched for a sand stockpile in the options and couldn't find it. so could anybody tell me where i can find the option to enable sand to be stockpiled

Under furniture, there is a keypress listed at the bottom to allow sand bags.  Just get rid of the other Types.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Taranli Maren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 12:50:30 pm »

-The Atomizer (Bridge that atomizes the dwarf) <- does this work?

It certainly does.  I accidentally atomized a recruit who was standing on my drawbridge when I raised it.  Of course, you would want to save this execution for your most favoured inmates.  It is too painless for most.