Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gobbos.  (Read 693 times)

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
Gobbos.
« on: July 14, 2010, 09:53:13 pm »

Yeah, I started a new pocket region (17x17) with 25 titans. Recipe for Fun!

Basically, the Gobbos have killed off everyone else. This means the only civ to play as is the Gobbos! Yay!

So anyway, on to the question. On the skills screen for when you first create your guy, there's two things I don't know what they do. One, I've seen before in Fortress Mode embark, and it's called Misc. Object User. What does this do exactly. And two, there's one I've never seen before. It's called Knapper. What the heck is knapper? It's not even on the wiki. I can only assume it involves a bag and babies, but I don't see how that would translate to Adventure Mode.

Unless you're supposed to use babies as armor.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
Re: Gobbos.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 10:19:46 pm »

Nevermind, found out what it is.

So... how do I pick up stuff? I got attacked by at least 5 lions, and even though I'm mortally wounded, I want their corpses.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 10:38:04 pm »

The manual is a lot more useful in adventure mode than it is in fortress mode.

Just press '?' and go to key bindings. 'g' picks stuff up. Although, if you want to butcher corpses, you just need a cutting tool in hand, then just stand over the corpses.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 10:47:39 pm »

Eh, it's fine now. I went on a murderous rampage on (read: I defended myself from) the local alligator and saltwater crocodile populations.

The gators are pushovers, but those crocs, man...

Oh, and I died. Couldn't work fast travel right, so I couldn't get to a gobbo fort.