Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 45

Author Topic: 2212 z-level above-ground Adamantine Spire  (Read 327531 times)

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2212 z-level above-ground Adamantine Spire
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2010, 12:57:32 pm »

I am going to give this one a try. If it does not work on my PC, I will go to my girlfriend's. If it does not work on her PC, I will continue to travel.
I think you'd be paying intel a big load of cash to make a single gigantic processor.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

infaerina

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2010, 01:06:04 pm »

Ah, yes. It's true that there is no support for multi-threading, so I should go for highest single-core power.

Lord Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2010, 01:35:47 pm »

So hold on, whuh... I don't quite get this whole wrap-around thing. Perhaps the strangely large number of z-levels, the cave-in message on embark and the huge spire of adamantine give us a clue as to what's happened here... *ponders* perhaps the adamantine was so low beneath the ground that it wrapped round, went to the top of the sky, and then fell down, for our dwarves to mine!!! (or not mine, as the case seems to be...  :()
Or is that the wholre wrap-around theory anyway?

Solace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2010, 01:39:37 pm »

Cave ins seem to be declared whenever any two generated features overlap, I got a "cave in" because my volcano cut across a murky pool on the top level.

Also, I thought multicore computers could just devote all their cores to the same thing if it wasn't multithreaded?

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2010, 01:45:13 pm »

Also, I thought multicore computers could just devote all their cores to the same thing if it wasn't multithreaded?
No, unfortunately it is not that simple. Program must be coded with multithreading support from beginning. And making single-threaded program (especially so complicated as DF) to multi-threaded is big pain in ass.

infaerina

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2010, 02:24:12 pm »

It crashed on windows, but is running on my linux install. It's capping off around 25 FPS, currently.

Ponczo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2010, 02:48:17 pm »

I've got the save but DF does not see it WHY? WHY?!?!

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2010, 03:07:12 pm »

It crashed on windows, but is running on my linux install. It's capping off around 25 FPS, currently.

"Although today Linux is accepted as a worldwide standard, the operating system was unpopular in its early years.  A combination of increasing support for Linux from developers and manufacturers, along with refinements in interface that made it more accessible to the less computer literate, slowly drove its increased use on home PCs.  Still, no one knows exactly why the operating system became vastly more popular in July of 2010."
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2010, 03:12:19 pm »

We do now.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2010, 03:51:14 pm »

I'm up to +5000 going up. This is insane. I tried genning it, and that failed, but I'll try again later.

Somebody needs to export this to a visualizer.

infaerina

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2010, 03:52:49 pm »

Arg. I can get them to do everything EXCEPT pick up equipment, therefore mine/chop wood/et-cetera.

Jesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2010, 03:54:58 pm »

Everything works for me.  I'm able to do everything except mine it.  Designating it causes DF to crash after a few seconds of being un-paused. 
~Jesse

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2010, 03:55:58 pm »

Arg. I can get them to do everything EXCEPT pick up equipment, therefore mine/chop wood/et-cetera.
The problem is, the items are on the ground. Your dwarves can't look away from the pillar long enough to see them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2010, 04:11:39 pm »

Everything works for me.  I'm able to do everything except mine it.  Designating it causes DF to crash after a few seconds of being un-paused.

I'm betting that DF is going "Dum de dum, playing, aweso...What the hell!? That's not supposed to be there!" *crash*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2010, 04:24:44 pm »

Assign them to a military squad assigned picks. If that doesn't work either
The problem is, the items are on the ground. Your dwarves can't look away from the pillar long enough to see them.
Or your dwarves are just refusing to desecrate holy ground.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 45