Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: adding Creatures changed my civ into unicorns... what?  (Read 1209 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
adding Creatures changed my civ into unicorns... what?
« on: July 14, 2010, 07:15:06 pm »

ok... so i took some of genisises critters for my own mod i liked them and didnt wanna go through the process to make a cyaote and junk however it turned my playeble civs into animels and one time even forgotten beasts... tell me a quick fix so i can get back to modding the hell outa this game

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: adding Creatures changed my civ into unicorns... what?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 07:21:16 pm »

quick fix?
hahaha..
ha..

welcome to dwarf fortress, nothing is quick here, except for the raising water while your miner takes a nap.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 07:25:25 pm »

You probably just have a duplicate creature. Check all of the new creatures to make sure none of them overlap with anything you've created.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 07:32:32 pm »

Overlap / duplicate creatures is my guess.

Deon was a little tricky when it came to modding, so it's possible there COULD be other problems.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 07:53:01 pm »

If you check the error log, it might tell you which creature has a duplicate.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 09:06:46 pm »

welcome to dwarf fortress, nothing is quick here, except for the raising water while your miner takes a nap.

or while you take a nap :P

Name your fort Apocalypse Ponies! :P

But like they said, probably a duplication problem, odd, I've heard this specifically Unicorns before.

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 02:29:54 am »

(Either a duplicate in the file you edited, or perhaps a duplicate file.  If your text editor saved a backup copy in the game directory, no matter what file extension it used, the game will read it, and get royally screwed up on that stuff.  If there is one, try deleting it or moving it somewhere else.)
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 05:38:47 am »

Oh, I love this glitch, it makes things SO trippy.  The Legends are always a good read when you do this kinda glitch.

The problem is, somewhere, there is one or more duplicate entries in the raws.  Look for the second one; it could be anything.  Check any file you've edited.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Lord Herman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 06:47:40 am »

Any other game would have crashed when you make a mistake like this. Only in Dwarf Fortress would your dorfs turn into unicorns.

I love this game.