Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin fortress!  (Read 4971 times)

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
Goblin fortress!
« on: July 14, 2010, 05:44:41 pm »

My last fort was going pretty well, but I had the distinct problem of having no civ, thus no migrants and no extra booze. So, not wanting to wait 12+ years and watch my dwarves party for a solid week, I savequit and started a new one. In this one, I checked Legends first, and one of the human nations has conquered like half the damn map, and one of the 3 dwarven civs has a Gobbo Citadel.

That's right, we owned them.

Anyway, I started out in this citadel, expecting a few dwarves and maybe even a few surviving goblins. Well, it was entirely dwarves.

95 to be exact. And one of them is the fucking king. There's some sort of yellow ampersand prancing around, and a dead dwarf a few tiles away. However, the conjunction and the king are on the same floor (with about 20 freaking military dwarves). Both the dwarves and the "law-giver" are friendly.

I assume this isn't normal.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Funtimes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin fortress!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 06:04:11 pm »

The thread title made me shudder.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 06:09:19 pm »

All the goblins are dead, don't worry.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:51:13 pm »

Its normal.  The law giver tricked the Goblins into believing that he was their god, then the dwarf  children who were kidnapped out populated the goblins,  and thus they own the fortress. The lawgiver is there from the Goblin days.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Mr.Elendig

• Bay Watcher
  • [TWISTED][INSANE][CANT_SPELL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 07:05:57 pm »

This thread reminds me of joinedspider for some reason.  :P

What does legends says about it? Sounds like it will be far from boring reading the history :)

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 07:28:17 pm »

Its normal.  The law giver tricked the Goblins into believing that he was their god, then the dwarf  children who were kidnapped out populated the goblins,  and thus they own the fortress. The lawgiver is there from the Goblin days.

I failed to mention that my Dwarf civ conquered this particular citadel (Legends, plus when I selected my civ the citadel showed up in blue with the other 3 forts). But I didn't fail to mention the dwarven king lives here. Along with his consort, the administrator, and 21 military dwarves.

So, yeah. I think someone turned a Dark Fortress into the Mountainhome.

If someone tells me how, I'll copy what Legends has to say about it (prefer not to abandon).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 07:30:06 pm by Double A »

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 07:31:18 pm »

Save scum and abandon the scum.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 07:42:34 pm »

Copy the save files, abandon, then reuse them once I check Legends out?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 07:59:41 pm »

I also was reminded of Joinedspider by the title.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 08:08:00 pm »

Joinedspider?

Anyway, the Gobbos were attacked in 54 by my civ. Strangely enough, most of the "gobbos" were, in fact, dwarves. They were even led by a dwarf. The battle took like 5 years.

Also, that demon killed a Bronze Colossus. Yeah.

edit: after that, it's a bunch of stolen booze and deaths involving a disturbingly large amount of Ettin, with the occasional megabeast attack thrown in for fun.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:21:12 pm by Double A »

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 10:17:44 pm »

Oh god this brought back aweful memories.

Double A: look up a thread with the title goblin fortress [NSFW] and believe me it is NSFW. It will melt your brain. Sorry its not your fault that you posted a title similar.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 11:12:38 pm »

Yeah, I'm about to go to bed, so I don't want bad NSFW thoughts.