Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way to create new professions?  (Read 399 times)

Genkora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there a way to create new professions?
« on: July 14, 2010, 04:06:35 am »

I have modded in a new workshop called the Flame Workshop (might come up with a better name later), and I plan on making reactions which make use of liquid fire to make fire damage weapons (I'm pretty sure the reaction is possible, but I am lazy and slow).  Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible to mod in new professions.  I can't find anything in the raws which pertain to this, and adding it in permitted jobs in the entity_default does nothing, so I think it may be hardcoded in.  If it isn't currently possible, does anyone know if there are plans to make it so?  Also, what profession do you think I should make work at this workshop if I can't make my own?  I was thinking weaponsmith.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to create new professions?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 04:21:20 am »

Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible to mod in new professions.  I can't find anything in the raws which pertain to this, and adding it in permitted jobs in the entity_default does nothing, so I think it may be hardcoded in. 
Nope. You can use "unused" skills, like concentration or alchemy as the reaction skill. But no custom profession.

If it isn't currently possible, does anyone know if there are plans to make it so? 
Dunno.

Also, what profession do you think I should make work at this workshop if I can't make my own?  I was thinking weaponsmith.
Sounds good.