Can't remove it

Blergah
- 0 (0%)
Bleh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 15, 2010, 10:47:12 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [31.10] Rocksstar Succession game (formerly tinmurdered)  (Read 8701 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
Re: [31.10] Tinmurdered Succession game
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2010, 04:00:33 pm »

i'll take 9th turn if we evr get a fort 2 last more than 1 turn
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2010, 04:45:35 pm »

Rabbit, you might as well find a better place, because ill be out the next too weeks. hopefully before my turn comes round again...
I suprizingly WILL be able to update the first post whenever need be...

RabidRabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2010, 08:09:05 pm »

Genning a custom world w/ evil and savagery turned up in hopes of finding a similar location.  Also doubled the number of starting civs for better chances of having elves, humans, and goblins to interact with antagonize.

World will be 65x65 and embark will be 3x3.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 09:23:28 pm by RabidRabbit »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2010, 03:43:37 am »

So... I was thrown to the end of list just because first year didn't have ANY source of food (leave alone permanent) except from caravans and the only miner was digging gigantic halls instead of searching for caverns?... Great. However, seeing how this fort progresses, it seems it will be abandoned at least few times before my turn...

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2010, 03:51:43 am »

oh oh I WANNA PLAY

promise not to drown every1

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2010, 08:56:11 am »

Daruish, I had plenty of food left and a still, and you got farms running, so, why couldn't you brew the plants you were growing? or buy something from the traders that apparently were there throughout the most of your turn...

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2010, 09:04:16 am »

Daruish, I had plenty of food left and a still, and you got farms running, so, why couldn't you brew the plants you were growing? or buy something from the traders that apparently were there throughout the most of your turn...
Everyone was too busy running from yetis and troglodytes to work on farms, we didn't have any plants to brew (only meat and fish) and everyone was too busy running from yetis and troglodytes to trade with elves XD

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2010, 09:06:00 am »

Well, most of those problems were your fault for not preventing, so thats why you were booted to the end.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2010, 09:12:01 am »

Well, most of those problems were your fault for not preventing, so thats why you were booted to the end.

awesome i get to go after him.. WIN.. leave some trogosomethings and yetis for me to play with

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2010, 09:14:38 am »

Well, that fortress is dead and rabidrabbit is starting the next one to boot the line along. haven't a clue as to where it is yet, hopefully NOT another glacier...

JagoBallium

• Bay Watcher
  • Bringer of the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2010, 04:48:15 pm »

Well, that fortress is dead and rabidrabbit is starting the next one to boot the line along. haven't a clue as to where it is yet, hopefully NOT another glacier...

but glaciers are FUN. So the next fort will continue in this thread right?

RabidRabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2010, 06:51:09 pm »

Yes, it is another evil glacier.  I made it through the year with a pretty idiot-proof setup and no dead dwarves, so we might just make it past year two this time :P.

I'm done my turn, but uploading images and a save file from my cheap dsl takes forever. 

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2010, 07:00:14 pm »

Yes, it is another evil glacier.  I made it through the year with a pretty idiot-proof setup and no dead dwarves, so we might just make it past year two this time :P.

I'm done my turn, but uploading images and a save file from my cheap dsl takes forever. 
I SHALL CARRY ON THE TRADITION OF NEVER MAKING IT PASS YEAR 2
I AM ONLY KIDDING
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

RabidRabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2010, 07:21:36 pm »

"Listen, lad.  I've built this kingdom up from nothing.  When I started here, all there was was swamp.  All the kings said I was daft to build a castle in a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em.  It sank into the swamp.  So, I built a second one.  That sank into the swamp.  So I built a third one.  That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp.  But the fourth one stayed up.  An' that's what your gonna get, lad -- the strongest castle in these islands." - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

*Welcome to Rocksstar* (yea, that's two s's)
Located on a scenic, haunted glacier, it is simultaneously goblin, human, elf, and idiot-accessible.  This site boasts a wide variety of nonexistent flora and plenty of prowling wolves to keep you company.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Our brave settlers:

Kadol Degelonul,  Miner/Broker
Momuz Eralnomal,  Miner/Doctor
Shorast Oltaretur,  Mason/Manager/Record Keeper
Nomal Zithisiteb,  Carpenter/Mechanic/Architect
Kol Madushfikod,  Butcher/Cook
Ral Eturigath,  Planter/Brewer
'RabidRabbit' Tunthortith,  Recruit

Spring:

1st Granite:  This place would be really boring if it weren't for those ice wolves.  They should be easy kills, but there's no point in fighting them unless we have to.

21st Granite:  Finished digging out a temporary storage area and moving all of our supplies indoors.  Our meeting area is also indoors, so there's no reason to be outside anymore.  About to build a mechanic's workshop for traps, carpenter's workshop for beds, and butchery for more food.

22nd Granite:  This would be a good time to mention that I have full leather armor, a bronze short sword, and some skill in armor using and dodging to start.  Those wolves didn't get the memo.

12th Slate:  Found the first cavern.  It spans 15 z-levels and there's no water in sight.  Gotta keep looking for water so we can pick a site for our permanent settlement.  Side note: butcheries made of ice seem to periodically disassemble for no good reason.

4th Felsite:  Further spelunking reveals that there is indeed no water in these caverns.  Time to dig deeper! 

We also have an open-air refuse stockpile and quantum dump zone now, for the bajillion butchered wolf corpses.  I am the fortress' first line of defense, but the entrance is lined with stone-fall traps anyway, just in case I'm asleep or something.

8th Felsite:  Water!  It's *only* 65 layers down :).  Time to dig out a permanent settlement and set up some farming.

Summer:

26th Hematite:  Eight migrants!  No useful skills though, so they became full-time engravers, smelters, and haulers.  I had the mason make a weapon rack so I can start doing individual combat drills near the surface entrance.

26th Malachite:  Woops, we're out of alcohol and everyone's thirsty.  Had to dig an emergency tunnel into the cavern for water.  Fortunately, our farm was just irrigated and plump helmets are being planted as we speak.  Barring a swimming forgotten beast showing up in our temporary water source, we should be okay.

RabidRabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2010, 07:27:26 pm »

Autumn:

13th Limestone:  Praise the miners!  We channeled down one layer from our fortress to make a well, and instead hit the third cavern and a deposit of adamantine!

15th Sandstone:  Migrants!  Our fortress is already 20 strong, so it's time to dig out some of that adamantine and set it aside for moody dwarves :D.

Winter:

5th Moonstone:  Traded three large bronze serrated disks for some much-needed booze and lumber.  Told the traders to bring more of the same next year, and now we can finally close off that emergency water source and re-seal our fortress from the caverns.

25th Moonstone:  A bunch of cave swallow people looked at me funny, so we settled our differences in true dwarven manner.

1st Granite:  It's been a fine year.  Blizzard men, wolf, and cave swallow men corpses litter the map, and no dwarves were seriously harmed in the undertaking.  Time to retire from management and spend my days casually eviscerating hostiles and admiring my fine golden statue of roaches.  Best of luck to my successor!

Notes:
  • We have three fully armed and armored dwarves training by the entrance, right behind the stone-fall traps.  There should be enough extra bronze equipment for one or two more.
  • Haven't found any iron ore, but there's plenty of tin and copper to make bronze with, and marble for whenever we do find iron.
  • We need to start making metal barrels/bins for storage and brewing; the most common ore right now is, surprisingly, gold.
  • Out of the forty-some bedrooms, only the seven bigger ones w/ golden statues have been assigned (to the original seven dwarves :D).
  • There are no land paths from any of the caverns into the fortress, but fliers might be able to get in.

p.s.: I've hotkeyed the surface entrance, the main fort area, and veins of tin, copper, fuel, and adamantine for your convenience.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 07:37:50 pm by RabidRabbit »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8