Can't remove it

Blergah
- 0 (0%)
Bleh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 15, 2010, 10:47:12 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: [31.10] Rocksstar Succession game (formerly tinmurdered)  (Read 8695 times)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [31.10] Tinmurdered Succession game
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2010, 05:25:34 am »

Summer entry log

Hematite, 20, 1051. The meeting area is almost complete, oredered the carpentry re-built, along with a mechanics, a masons workshop.

Malachite, 12, 1051. Made good progress, moved supplies deeper into the tunnel.

Galena, 2, 1051. We've spotted some dwarves on the skirt of the region, I hope it's the caravan we were promised

Galena, 3, 1051. Damn, got some bad news. They were migrants, with worse news. The caravan is coming in Autumn... Luckily we brought a surplus of supplies.

Galena, 20, 1051. There are more and more sounds of Yeti, and since they're making noises, they're living.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 06:04:57 am by Evergod41 »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2010, 06:19:35 am »

Autumn entry log

Limestone, 5, 1051. Not too sure how the hell they keep getting in, but these yeti's are getting rediculous.

Limestone, 15, 1051. Another one got in. Ive ordered some cage traps to stop these abominations.

Limestone, 20, 1051. Not too sure when the caravan is getting here... but the depot should go up soone anyways.

Sandstone, 5, 1051. A sketal yeti, damnit just what we needed. It slaughtered our miner before we could gang on it.

Sandstone, 10, 1051. Theres been tantruming, im feeling pretty mopey myself. Some of the really unhappy ones are even yelling at me. I don't think i can do this much longer...

Timber, 5, 1051. More migrants, they said the caravan was right behind them when they got to the tundra... who knows where it is now

Timber, 19, 1051. One of the migrants did something stupid... she started running around outside, attracted a skeletal Yeti, but luckily for the rest of us, no-one really knew her, and she drew it away from the outpost.

Timber, 20, 1051. JOYOUS NEWS!! THE CARAVAN!!

Timber, 21, 1051. Well good news too soon. They didn't bring any booze, but lots of non-plant food, I've ordered a still built so we can brew our plump helmets, hopefully before we eat them all.

Timber, 28, 1051. The Yeti is still beating on the woodworker. Theres vomit everywhere.
(it's accually quite funny how long this has lasted, the yeti is pulling out all of her teeth so everyone is coming to take them to the graveyard)
Spoiler:  Vomit sea (click to show/hide)
(theres alot more now that was a while ago)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2010, 06:25:01 am »

Spoiler:  Vomit sea (click to show/hide)
She's trying to attract some vomit-counterpart of Armok by writing signs on the snow with her vomit!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 06:26:32 am by Dariush »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2010, 08:42:05 am »

Winter entry log

Moonstone, 1, 1051. The merchants have started packing up, I've conscripted a new miner, hs isn't that good but it's an easy job.

Moonstone, 5, 1051. The woodworker finally gave out, looks like it's comin towards us.

Moonstone, 20, 1051. The cage traps are complete, not sure what we're gonna do with a skeleton though...

Opal, 15, 1051. It worked! I can't beleive a simple oaken cage can keep an undead as feral as that.

Opal, 28, 1051. Caught another one. Gonna extend the trap to 3x3

Obsidian, 13, 1051. Got a meager dininghall set up, along with an 'office' for me to do stock. I'm considering giving the job of running this place to someone else, it's just getting too much.

Obsidian, 20, 1051. We got some accual bedrooms carved out of the rock, not too furnished but they're better than in the mettinghall.

Obsidian, 28, 1051. I've decided to hand the job of running this place to someone else, ill still be here to greese the gears, but i wont be pumpin the... magma... ahhh what i would give to be neer some of that stuff, not too neer though...

(good luck)
Save

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2010, 08:43:25 am »

Ohwow, it's already my turn?  :o That was pretty fast. Let's hope I won't screw it totally  :P
Edit: Wohooo, I DID screw it totally! Hooray me!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 09:40:00 am by Dariush »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2010, 08:48:50 am »

Yeah, compared to other people, im VERY fast. I dont have much of a life so i can dedicate a few days to solidly play DF.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2010, 09:47:51 am »

veryyyy interesting so far, not gonna be much challenge once it gets to year seven though, maybe a few people will drop out, hahaha, maybe I'll bring magma up to the surface and make a magma moat, who knows :D
Nom nom nom

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2010, 02:01:43 pm »

Journal of ???, 1st Moonstone 1051
Damn it. One of the traders gave me today a letter from my uncle, Baron ??? of Mountainhome. Apparently, his messengers found me and now he wants me to run this outpost! Damn it, I've run from home for exactly this reason - to hide from my relatives! But oh well, a little bit of power can't be excessive. I've also received a small purse of strange herb - I was told to put this into our leader's booze a few months later, so that he will go a little... weird. Nothing long-term, I was promised, but who can believe those nobles? I won't uncover my name, so that if my outpostmates will find this journal I won't be torn to shreds.

26th Obsidian, 1051
While working in ??? today I reached into my pocket and felt the purse. It felt like sand. I took it out and threw and caught it a few times. If I don't get rid of current leader, surely Baron's men will find me and make my life... a little worse. Anyway, now that my hiding place was found out, there's not much else to do.

27th Obsidian
I distracted out leader and slipped the poison into his wine. This night I was besieged by nightmares.

1th Granite, 1052
After seeing out leader seemingly-insane for last two days, all dwarves of the outpost gathered and decided to choose another leader. Apparently, the most charismatic dwarf who would doubtlessly become a new leader was hinted as to what awaited him in case of refusal by Baron's men, so immediatly after meeting he went near me and asked "What shall you order, master?"
For the first time in all time I've been living here I was able to look around without ??? on my shoulder and see, what a hellhole this place is. I haven't found any paint for pictures yet, so I'll just say - we've got 3 caged SKELETAL yetis and 4 dead dwarves. And 12 living ones.
I doubt it's for long - we haven't got any stable source of food. We'll have to dig for caverns (instead of strange gargantuan halls) or we'll die.
One pick. For the whole fortress. How could the previous leader be so foolish?!

10th Slate
This fortress is extremely dull. I couldn't imagine that managing it would actually be duller than just working here. Today, somehow, a yeti has broken through the cage traps and is currently on the way through our endless winding halls. Why? Well, because the traps don't have any cages. Why? Because we don't have any logs. Because we need to get to caverns to get any wood. Because we have only one pick for whole fort. Because nobody bothers to build a smelter to make a pick. Oh well.

15th Slate
Three of our guys are dead, luckily so is the yeti. If the tantrum spiral starts, I will definitely declare it the most interesting thing ever to happen in this fort...

17th Slate
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oops. Anyway, it's good to see prophecies become real...

19th Slate
The problem is dispatched almost as fast as it appeared. Back into dull daily routine in search of the caverns...

Heh, once I finished writing this entry, I heard a cry from next corridor - apparently, some macedwarf couldn't stand the loss of her friend (whom she herself mauled into dust) and went funny (or, as those bookworms back in Mountainhome are saying, threw a tantrum).

20th Slate
Our miner, Zefon, followed... WAIT WHAT?! OUR MINER?!

21th Slate
Today arrived some migrants. 19 of them, to be precise, and TWO of them are miners! This fort has still got hope!

2nd Felsite
The slowest of migrants got his ass kicked today by skeletal Yeti. If he dies...
WE'VE FOUND A CAVERN! Hooray! Now I can finally get this fort to work.

5th Felsite
Our best (Grand Master) miner got moody today. Let's hope we can find something to suit himself, otherwise...
Er. Before I could finish the last word, he already got one rock and claimed Mason's Workshop. This won't be good...

10th Felsite

What did I tell you? WHAT DID I TELL YOU?! Why do all my prophecies have to come real?!

19th Felsite
Troglodytes all over the place. Our gem cutter got killed by them. Fort collapse imminent.
Also, we ran out of booze. One of three planned farms is finished, but nobody seems to wish to do anything there - it's so much more useful just to run around from troglodytes screaming!...

27th Felsite
Suddenly I discovered some elves in out trade depot. Apparently, our broker was killed and nobody else can even roughly evaluate the price of this wooden shit. Oh well, if those dendrophiles aren't happy with the deal, I'll drop a ceiling of them. I swear I'll do.

1th Hematite
Ah, finally summer has arrived... WAIT WHAT?! I've ruled this place for merely a season?! There's been more deaths already than for the whole history of some other forts!...

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2010, 02:33:34 pm »

I would ask to get dorf so i dont have to dorf myself, but im afraid you kills mes accidentallys and i  be all like nooo
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2010, 10:52:31 pm »

I would ask to get dorf so i dont have to dorf myself, but im afraid you kills mes accidentallys and i  be all like nooo
lol
dorf me plz i might join the succesion depending wenevr the fuck i get back home
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2010, 03:37:10 am »

dorf me plz i might join the succesion depending wenevr the fuck i get back home
any preferences as to profession/profile/skills/sex? If I won't get an answer by time I get back to DF you'll get two last dwarves out of starting seven :) (both miserable and constantly throwing tantrums  :P)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:49:44 am by Dariush »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2010, 08:21:51 am »

All right, you were dorfed. First wave as promised :)
Now, back to work.

1st Hematite
I've just woken up. Wondering, what woke me up, I heard second bone-freezing scream. So, that matter is solved.
I looked at my announcement rock and carved:
"1st Hematite, 1052
"
It's been just two days and I already filled half a rock! I looked at previous ones - on every rock there was exactly one death announcement and exactly one tantrum throwing. This rock has pretty bad luck - only 12 lines were filled and already there were three deaths! But oh well, they deserve it.

Now, for really bad news - apparently we lack not only booze, but also water - there's not a single drop of it in entire cavern! We'll have to dig deeper. Meanwhile, our farms will soon produce whopping two plump helmets!

2nd Hematite
Surprisingly, all three miners are alive. Considering the immense, untrackable amount of deaths in this fort, that's extremely surprising. I ordered our only squad reorganised and everyone except miners to get into it. Also, there's an elk bird running on rampage in the dining room. It already has a name, so it not only got unnoticed inside, but also killed someone unnoticed. Well, that's hardly surprising.

3rd Hematite
Another wrestler got killed. There's only 14 of us now. I don't care, I just want to finish my immense bedroom digging project and find some water.

Dendrophiles are still stuck in the depot. Our (new) broker got killed, so I'll better order miners to drop the ceiling on elves.

7th Hematite
Wow, it's been whole whopping five days WITHOUT A SINGLE DWARF DEATH! Only 7 troglodytes and 1 skeletal yeti are left. Miners are still lazying about.

14th Hematite
Every single dwarf is dehydrated. The only one merely thirsty is Rimtarshetboth who decided to take himself a nickname "Scaraban". Not that it will help him in the long run...

18th Hematite
Almost everyone is on brink of madness from the massive doomwave that endorsed the fortress of Tinmurdered. The last man ecstasic is Zulban, who still can't think of anything except his artifact. Also, he lacks friend, so even if everything else fails, this can become a hermit fort.

No, wait, it can't. We don't have any water.

19th Hematite
Scaraban got into fight with skeletal yeti who was wandering about for some time and killed a dendrophile meanwhile. All so-called-military is running around throwing things, so he's doomed. Oh well.

20th Hematite

Good bye, Scaraban. We won't forget you.

No, wait. We will. Oh well.

21st Hematite
Some mad animal caretaker got near yeti right when it was tearing Scaraban apart, and it started running after him and away from the fort bloodmess. I will designate the top entrance to be walled off even though nobody will probably do anything about it...

22nd Hematite
No. I can't believe it. The wall was constructed the very next day it was ordered! However, out thresher walled himself out to yetis. Oh well.

23rd Hematite
Out dining room is totally filled with miasma. I can spot four dead dwarves there and unknown amount more hidden under smog.

25th Hematite
Remember how I told you two and a half months ago that this fortress was extremely dull?

It is still so.

27th Hematite
At least my bedroom project goes along okay. Look at it!
Isn't it beautiful? And there's almost no blood to be seen!

28th Hematite
Today happened the first death from thirst. Two of our miners are dead, and the only living one isn't particularly inclined to dig anything. Not that it will change much. I guess I'll make a quick sketch of this hellhole, so that if anybody will be mad enough to settle here again...

They will think twice about it.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-9177-tinmurdered-tinmurdered

1st Malachite
Second death from thirst. There's only seven of us left.

Now it's more of a bet, who will die last.

3rd Malachite
Only one dwarf is alive. cappstv was second-to-last.

8th Malachite
Surprisingly, one last dwarf is still standing. Or rather running ro the farms planting seeds. Here's the save, if anyone wants to try and save him or reclaim the fort.

11th Malachite
Skeletal Naked Mole Dog interrupted him midway to the farms. From now on I won't even comment.

16th Malachite
Discovered cavern by running from mole dog.

17th Malachite
Killed the mole dog.

18th Malachite
Walled off from caverns. Taking pick, going to dig down.

20th Malachite
Died.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 08:29:20 am by Dariush »

RabidRabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2010, 10:38:03 am »

*facepalm*

What's the point of starting a succession game if the first two players can't even keep a fort alive?  We play for Fun and all, but it's just idiotic that we have 8 people signed up and the fort has been lost twice in the last three player turns (over two incarnations).

It takes LEATHER ARMOR and ANY CUTTING WEAPON to fend off undead critters, people.  Un-undead troglodytes can be wrestled to death if you just draft a few nearby civilians.

Evergod, you want to give this another reboot in a friendlier location, or should I reclaim and set up something decent for the later players?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2010, 10:44:51 am »

*facepalm*

What's the point of starting a succession game if the first two players can't even keep a fort alive?  We play for Fun and all, but it's just idiotic that we have 8 people signed up and the fort has been lost twice in the last three player turns (over two incarnations).

It takes LEATHER ARMOR and ANY CUTTING WEAPON to fend off undead critters, people.  Un-undead troglodytes can be wrestled to death if you just draft a few nearby civilians.

Evergod, you want to give this another reboot in a friendlier location, or should I reclaim and set up something decent for the later players?
Everyone was either too busy, too lazy or too injured to do any real work; the only cutting weapon the fort had was an axe but nobody wanted to pick it up; new weapons weren't manufactured because of reason #1; no food because of reason #1; no drink because of reason #5 and because cavern had no water; no access to second cavern layer because of reason #1. That pretty much sums it up ;)

RabidRabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2010, 02:30:52 pm »

*facepalm*

Everyone was either too busy, too lazy or too injured to do any real work; the only cutting weapon the fort had was an axe but nobody wanted to pick it up; new weapons weren't manufactured because of reason #1; no food because of reason #1; no drink because of reason #5 and because cavern had no water; no access to second cavern layer because of reason #1. That pretty much sums it up ;)

See, the problem here is that you let reason #1 happen :P.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8