Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Musicians of Bay12  (Read 3809 times)

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Musicians of Bay12
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 09:50:13 pm »

Piano. Guitar. Harmonica. Basic, meh. Piano's probably my best instrument. I need sheet music to get through the musical day.

Played cello in middle school. Probably can't now.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 10:39:21 pm »

Somehow, I think a better question to ask would be; do we have any composers at Bay12?

I'm studying music theory. But most of my "compositions" are just chord progressions.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 02:36:11 am »

I can play guitar... and maybe trumpet, though I haven't played since it since I was 8 or 9.
Damn mandatory school band.
I'd probably be a Competent Guitar Player, and a Novice Trumpet Player (Rusty).

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2010, 06:23:57 am »

I'm not bad at keyboard, but nothing to write home about.  It is very cathartic though.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 09:29:56 am »

Tenor saxophone. Would like something like violin once.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 05:44:20 pm »

I play the trombone.
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2010, 07:14:24 pm »

Yes, though I haven't been at it recently. Basically everything there is digitally done because I've never been happy with my live recording quality, but I do have quite a lot of acoustic guitar songs written.
I guess I should have expected that since others wouldn't have added a part about music to their puzzling adventure otherwise. Could you understand everything you had the played character describe as way too complicated?

I've some practice. In fact, a friend and I are working on a composition of Moskau (by Dschinghis Khan) for a wind ensemble. We're going to surprise our director all to heck and back when we play that piece instead of the Seventeen Come Sunday march at the Spring concert. (They have the same time signature, so it'll work out.)
I expected someone else to ask, but will you have any recordings to show the forum when you're done working on it?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2010, 07:36:39 pm »

I play keyboard and bass guitar. If I could afford it I would love to get an upright eletric bass.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2010, 08:09:34 pm »

Yes, though I haven't been at it recently. Basically everything there is digitally done because I've never been happy with my live recording quality, but I do have quite a lot of acoustic guitar songs written.
I guess I should have expected that since others wouldn't have added a part about music to their puzzling adventure otherwise. Could you understand everything you had the played character describe as way too complicated?

Hah, no, I can hardly read music at all at any decent pace. I know a lot of music theory, but I'm self taught and learn everything by ear and occasionally with guitar tab. I think I just searched 'sheet music' and copied the first image I thought was complex-looking enough.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2010, 08:13:12 pm »

Well, had a concert today.  And another one next week.  Man, my voice is gonna be hurting even more.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2010, 09:10:17 pm »

Yes, I'll probably have a video of it uploaded either tomorrow or Sunday.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2010, 10:10:54 pm »

Can any of you traditional musicians actually record and want to collaborate with a digital musician?

EDIT: By that, I mean send me a PM.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 01:18:42 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2010, 10:22:47 pm »

Sometime in the spring me along with a large chunk of my schools music program are going to the Canadian Rocky Mountain Music Festival.

So cool.

(I also costs $575 but whatever)
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2010, 01:25:18 am »

Hey Realmfighter, check and see how much it would cost to travel there independently and see if you can do it that way cheaper. That way:

A: You aren't stuck to their crappy school itinerary, which will undoubtedly include a few hours wasted because someone will be being paid by the hour.

B: You can do things you want to do instead of go stand at the top of a landmark or at a statue for an hour.

C: You get to choose your accommodations, with the benefits thusly. (perhaps someone will want to visit you)

D: You will still be able to coordinate with the group.

If you are in High School, I suggest you take a parent with you, though. Or a gun (for self-defense only)

EDIT: Research your gun laws and bring a knife too.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 01:27:13 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2010, 09:37:12 am »

I play drums.

They are fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4