Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf hit by Strange Mood and doesnt have the workshop needed...  (Read 819 times)

Destructomonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's just standing there and the wiki says if he doesnt claim something it means the type that must be claimed doesnt exist

Thing is i havent built even a third of the types available to be hijacked.

Wat do?!

Xenoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf hit by Strange Mood and doesnt have the workshop needed...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:10:13 am »

Shat is that dwarfs main (highest skilled) profession? - Press v and look at the general tab of the context menu.  It will list a series of skills between dabboling and legendary.

Chances are they'll want a craftsdwarf workshop, as most non-trade professions (mining, military, furnace operating, farming, engraving and the 5 or 6 craft skills) all use it.  If they work with stone, they may instead want a mechanics or masons. If they work with wood as their main profession it'll be a carpenters or bowyers.  Metalworkers, you need a metalsmiths forge, leatherworkers and clothiers, you ned a leatherworks or a clothiers workshop.

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
    • Familiar Ground, fantasy comedy from a familiar point of view.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 03:36:09 am »

I've had the same problem before.

Then I built a plain forge (thinking that maybe he doesn't want one of the 6 magma forges I had set up).

Nope.  Didn't work.

But then the plain glass furnace I then built (as opposed to the 2 glass furnaces I already had) was the one he was looking for.
Check out my comic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Fantasy Comedy.  Familiar Point of View.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 04:04:14 am »

I'd go through the workshop list and make sure you have one of everything built, you can always demolish it later to build a new brewery in it's place.

Xenoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 04:40:22 am »

Yeah, just bear in mind that  any of the furnace workshops, any of the food preparing workshops, dyers, asheries, and looms do NOT produce artifacts, so there's no need to worry about them.

But absically the highest level skill on a dwarf will give you a very good indication as to what you need to build.

cyks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 05:44:42 am »

Can the dwarf path to every workshop?  He is trapped or is the shop?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 09:24:09 am »

I've had the same problem before.

Then I built a plain forge (thinking that maybe he doesn't want one of the 6 magma forges I had set up).

Nope.  Didn't work.

But then the plain glass furnace I then built (as opposed to the 2 glass furnaces I already had) was the one he was looking for.

Is this a bug? I've heard about moody dwarf's ignoring magma variety workshops as apposed to their coal powered ones but that was in the 0.28 days.

Also, make sure you extra carefully at a dwarf's profession and skills. You can disable looking at other skills in the skills list.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"