Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Iter Vehemens ad Necem questions?  (Read 21733 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Iter Vehemens ad Necem questions?
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2013, 03:57:20 pm »

I've never actually been a fan of metal limbs. Sure they give you crazy strength, but they screw up your agility something fierce. On the other hand the godess of nature gives you hair/cloth limbs which while noticeably less strong, still give you more then enough strength as well as a crazy amount of agility (allowing you to attack faster and outrun pretty much everything).

That is why you use the super limb materials... Such as *spoiler*

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2013, 04:29:38 pm »

Vomiting on floating eyes is a nice tip. I usually just throw things at them.

Urge to replay this game is rising again. :(

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2013, 05:53:25 pm »

RNG: The game.

Good luck beating IVAN without massive cheating.

I recommend the IvanX variant.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2013, 06:23:29 pm »

RNG: The game.

Good luck beating IVAN without massive cheating.

I recommend the IvanX variant.
Ivanx is broken and when you hit gc6 the game crashes

play CLIVAN instead.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2013, 01:13:59 am »

so i get bones and skulls from skeletons. in alot of games you can use bones to tame dog type animals. they dont come up when i press 'a'

in one try out of many, many games, i got a genie and wished for mjolak. figured i should get a weapon in an early wish. the other recommended weapons say you need resistances that i didnt have. that is inaccurate and it didnt work out to well. what is good to wish for real early?

so why should i play the variants? I See clivan recommended.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2013, 03:07:31 am »

so i get bones and skulls from skeletons. in alot of games you can use bones to tame dog type animals. they dont come up when i press 'a'

in one try out of many, many games, i got a genie and wished for mjolak. figured i should get a weapon in an early wish. the other recommended weapons say you need resistances that i didnt have. that is inaccurate and it didnt work out to well. what is good to wish for real early?

so why should i play the variants? I See clivan recommended.
The variants expanded on areas the devs stopped at and also added more areas to explore making the game interesting. CLIVAN is recommended as its a continuation of LIVAN with lots of new stuff like throwing AI (throwing axe dwarves are not a joke) a kill forest and what not.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2013, 02:22:44 pm »

how do you throw? there are not alot of commands. i dont see a throw command. ipress 'a' and i dont get the option? I have found potions of poison and potions of sulfuric acid so i figure i can throw those too.

what do i do with bones and skulls? I am guessing i can use bones (I saw a reference in the wiki) to tame dogs, etc... but when i press 'a', i dont see an option to use a bone.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2013, 02:27:13 pm »

how do you throw? there are not alot of commands. i dont see a throw command. ipress 'a' and i dont get the option? I have found potions of poison and potions of sulfuric acid so i figure i can throw those too.

what do i do with bones and skulls? I am guessing i can use bones (I saw a reference in the wiki) to tame dogs, etc... but when i press 'a', i dont see an option to use a bone.
i believe for the dog thing you have to drop the bone and retreat, give me a moment ill test that.

as for throwing its T or t (cant remember which) and it pulls up your inventory, best things to throw are spears, grenades, and bottles.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2013, 02:30:53 pm »

And some wands. They break on hitting enemies (and hitting walls I think) hard enough, which for the damaging wands explode and kills pretty much everything nearby.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2013, 04:10:09 pm »

Taming dogs is by throwing bones at them. I think it's lowercase 't'. You can get all key bindings with '?'.

Also, the "username too short" error should be fixed.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:23:15 pm by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2014, 07:51:02 pm »

Sorry for the necroing, but I thought people would benefit from the material already in this thread.

I just started playing this, and after dying 20 times, I finally got deeper into the first dungeon. However I am stuck now. I killed a mother carnivorous plant but cannot find an exit. Just a staircase back up. What do I do? never mind, there was just so much blood and smoke everywhere that I didn't see the staircase :)

Instead, how do I tell what stats I need to stop armor from reducing my stats and stop getting the "this is hard for you to use" message for different weapons?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:55:05 pm by Micro102 »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2014, 09:33:03 pm »

Bleh, rubbed a lamp for a genie who decided to attack me, and that just isn't killable. Prayed to 3 guys twice and not a single limb restoration. I did however become a ruby golem, who got slaughtered by the genie.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2014, 09:39:29 pm »

It's a very deadly game. I've ran ~200 characters. Came up to The Boss a few times (Who is actually the minimal victory condition). Usually it's screams killed me before I could get close but it's also competent in melee as well, unfortunately for me. :(

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2014, 11:31:42 pm »

Yeah, genies can be dicks.

Or maybe they're saving you from being murdered by the horrors that you shall encounter further down the road.

This might be the only roguelike where genies are a terrible thing.

I love IVAN. Remember kids;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

10/10 would replay to infinity
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2014, 11:35:40 pm »

It's a very deadly game. I've ran ~200 characters. Came up to The Boss a few times (Who is actually the minimal victory condition). Usually it's screams killed me before I could get close but it's also competent in melee as well, unfortunately for me. :(
Actually, that guy isn't a minimal victory condition. There's another guy AFTER that.

And a few guys after that one.

And a few more on the way back...

Yeah, the game is hellish. It's just plain unfair, but in a way that makes it beatable. VERY unlikely, but still beatable.

I'm pretty sure the easiest / least scoring awarding victory condition

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7