Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: how do i get rid o bodies?  (Read 1819 times)

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: how do i get rid o bodies?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 01:16:33 pm »

You can't actually use lye for that in DF, right?
"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 09:43:40 pm »

You can't actually use lye for that in DF, right?

Sadly, no. Not yet anyway...

Also, when I saw the thread title, first thought was "magma" :D
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 10:27:11 pm »

I usually make a tiny graveyard stockpile (s - y) as a backup, so that if I forget to build or designate coffins, corpses go there and stand out more. ("Hey, that stockpile that is always supposed to be empty has something in it...") They also don't cause miasma outside so I place it outside to start with, until I have an indoor refuse area.

Edit: To make bags out of plants, build a farmer's workshop and set it to process plants, it will process pig tail and rope reed. To weave that thread into cloth, build a loom. To make bags build a clothier's workshop and optionally a dyer's workshop. If you want to use undyed cloth, remember to set that in workshop preferences or something like that... I forget the exact name of the menu entry...

To get rid of excess clothing, designate a garbage dump zone outside and dump the unwanted clothing. Or make a pit zone that drops into magma.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:34:02 pm by Beeskee »
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.
Pages: 1 [2]