Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Succesion Game - The Great Dwarven Prison  (Read 3330 times)

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
Re: Succesion Game - The Great Dwarven Prison
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 07:27:56 am »

I can only play with ASCII  :P
But it doesn't matter as long as we just transfer the saves.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 08:01:12 am »

Give me a dwarf ! a female named Glustony and she will be a Judge yeah.....

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 12:21:21 pm »

Getting water to them will require some form of water delivery system - a tunnel underneath each cell to which a well links. Have a 3x2 room, the well at one end, the bed at the other. For purposes of not going completely insane, you could have a one-square food stockpile in every room and restrict it to certain types of food, and no alcohol. The rest can be done by judicious application of burrows, methinks.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 12:40:31 pm »

we can also decide to give them something special on certain days. like booze,good meals etc and good stuff to the good prisoners

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 01:35:31 pm »

What about they all eat in one big communal area? They do that in most big prisons anyway.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 02:45:02 pm »

why not? but make special dining area for the extra dangerous criminals as you DO NOT want ti out them with the less dangerous criminals E.G robbing,rape etc.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 04:15:16 pm »

Me too, I say that the place should be the opposite of a mountain. Bonus points for making the dwarf's live above ground and exposed to most elements.

What about this one: prison guards and warden live underground far from nasty sun, but prisoners live outside within 3x3 cells with 1 single "inside" tile (to set a bed there, cause bed can't be built outside). Once per month (or twice) they get food and.. water  :D It's a good idea. I like it - if there won't anything better, i will add it to rules in first post.

And yes one more thing - i think we should turn off ambushers. I mean, why the hell goblins would have any desire to ambush dwarven prison? No wealth, 90% are prisoners etc.

That's quite true. We should also separate the wards into male and female blocks.

OH OH! Somewhere along the line, we should think about managing a sorta yard section. You know, to let them out and socialize like real prisons.
Men would be miners for ore and gems, and women will process the extra rock into blocks for wall building.

Will this be a story fort or a succession? I vote story fort, with you taking input for ideas on what to do.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 07:17:16 pm »

Well, if i play alone, it would be quicker. I should think about it.

I have some experience with making well-system, so that won't be a problem. I will just need couple of iminers, mechanics, flood gates and mechanisms.

I think we could even divide prison into 4 part.
1) Cells for usual prisoners. They can walk around in courtyard, socialiazing (lol, imagine someone of them being elected as mayor cause he has a lot of social skills  :o )
2) Dining hall for usual prisoners
3) Cells for most dangerous prisoners. They sit in their cell alone, and get 5 plump helmet and 1 unit of booze per month (they need booze for to not go insane, dangerous prisoner going insane isn't really what guards want :D - those are dwarves with high fighting skill or just nasty character).
4) Well... i'd just say it short. Death room. For dwarves with death sentence.

Yeah, and i decided to build prison underground in rock layer. Building it outside would be really slow. We play for fun, not difficulty) Mostly.

It seems that several ppl want to play it too. So i think it will be succesion game. After all, it's goddamn intriguing to see what next warden will do with prison  :P Will the overall condition and happiness of prisoners will decrease or increase? Or he will just "get a message" from king to kill off every last prisoner and abandon fortress prison  8)

Ow, and one more strict rule. Doors MUST be made from metal. No stone, and ofc no wood. Usual dwarves are strong already. But convicted tantrum throwing berserker is a beast that can even smash stone door into pieces.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:19:35 pm by Aravin »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 07:52:10 pm »

Will 31.10 be used?
Standard one year per person?
Also can I be third?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 08:00:21 pm »

Will you have exercise rooms (rows of pumps)?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 08:13:31 pm »

Is that a no to the mining yard?

Also, for the feeding of the dangerous criminals, there should be an airlock system. Complete isolation is needed to stop them from being missed when they are..... sent to the fourth zone.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 04:51:42 am »

Yeah, digging into the ground would be easiest, besides, if there would end up blood and vomit on the surface, it would be permanent :P

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 05:30:36 am »

Will 31.10 be used?
Standard one year per person?
Also can I be third?

Ye, 31.10. And most likely we will be updating it.
One year per person.

Will you have exercise rooms (rows of pumps)?
We have no need in strong prisoners. If you mean guards... i am not sure, but do pumps in new version make dwarves stronger? I've seen somwhere that they do nothing now.
Though about exercise room - i have invented shield blocking and dodging train machine. Though they are for experienced enough warriors.

Is that a no to the mining yard?

Also, for the feeding of the dangerous criminals, there should be an airlock system. Complete isolation is needed to stop them from being missed when they are..... sent to the fourth zone.

Giving picks to prisoners is something not rly clever to do. I mean, prison revolt without weapon and with weapon are two different things.

Yep. Dig a channgel and dump some plump helmet and dwarven wine.
Surely, complete isolation. Let them go insane.

So... i have thought about couple of things.

1) We can only equip military guys and weapons and armor. So... we will probably make one full squad. Five will be stationing and patrolling every season and other five will be shock troop to prevent anything nasty. Other guards will be working. Just like prison staff (well, we should also treat ill prisoners).
2) Anyone knows how to add points at embark screen and turn off any ambushers? (though without them it will be less funny, i agree) I remember seeing the solution somwhere...on forum... ye.
3) So it will succesion game? I am going to make for first year. I would like to ask everyone who wants to play to post AGAIN. I mean - i can't be really sure, that someone who wanted to play two days ago still wants now (and even didn't forget about this thread).

So... what about name? Fortress name. I would like to be... Shawshank or something, but unfortunately we can't. So... something like jailmurdered etc?

As soon as i begin, i will post screenies of first 6 guards and warden himself. Ofc, warden is mine, so you can pick 6 others. Actually i deprive myself of the most interesting part of game, cause all immigrants to come first year will be considered as workers and new guards but not prisoners. Only beginning with second year.

Ah. yea. One more thing. What will we do with caravans? Seize dwarven one and not trading with humans or elves?

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 06:03:25 am »

You can turn off invaders in data/init/init.txt

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 06:24:50 am »

Ah ye... what about embarking at evil location?) I mean. prison should be placed somewhere scary so that prisoners won't even try escaping.
And it will add sooo much fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4