Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mood HELP  (Read 362 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Mood HELP
« on: July 12, 2010, 01:43:28 pm »

Rock, Rock bars and body parts. He's already got mule bones, what else does he need? Rock... bars?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

morikal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mood HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 01:48:15 pm »

Rock, Rock bars and body parts. He's already got mule bones, what else does he need? Rock... bars?

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Strange_mood

--> look under bugs section. Rock bars = metal bars

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 01:49:57 pm »

Check with 't' what items he's already collected in the workshop. You should be able to compare that with his request list to see what he's gathered so far and what he needs. Dwarves collect everything they need for moods in the order that they request when there's a hangup, so you should be able to find out what he's stuck on.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 01:54:31 pm »

Piles of metal, piles of stone, but... sigh.... no shell. Damnit all.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 03:03:59 pm »

Shell ruins the game.

(And BP ruins the world  :P)
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
    • Familiar Ground, fantasy comedy from a familiar point of view.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 03:19:14 pm »

I usually just mod the game file so that hair and feathers count as shell.

data -> save -> 'appropriate save file' -> raw -> objects -> material_template_default

Find the section for hair and feathers, then add [SHELL] to the list.  Save the changes.

The next time you butcher something with hair or feathers, it'll count as a shell and can be used in a mood.
Check out my comic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Fantasy Comedy.  Familiar Point of View.