Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 107576 times)

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderer's Friend [0.85b]: The potential to set yourself on fire!
« Reply #210 on: August 17, 2011, 07:25:42 pm »

I'll... wait, never mind...

I'm getting a little tired of being told what to do concerning the mod
Sorry... Getting a tad bit too ambitious, here.

Is it possible to... *thinks about what he was going to type* Never mind. It's more of an order-ish-type suggestion.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2011, 02:05:21 am »

Lofn, can I use this in a mod that I'm making?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2011, 06:21:27 am »

Certainly!
Also known as Zuhayr.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 25, 2011, 02:52:08 pm »

can't wear bone gaunts for some reason, least not the wolf ones
and you can recarve the trophies an endless amount of times to get super good ones to sell

edited out the bit about spawning with burning equipment, solution below

with help from some others i found your burning equipment problem

inside this is a fix that stops you from being able to make burning material equipment, its in code so you can copy paste it
"material_template_default" and the info about the change to the "inorganic:flaming" code
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
i'm not a modder, the thanx go to "Hugo_The_Dwarf" for helping me fix it so the mod was playable
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:18:12 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

toxiciron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2011, 12:33:39 am »

Hey, I've tried this mod and I think it's absolutely great! My only problem so far is finding out WHERE to get thread. I know you make it with a scraper and I know you get it from combing hair or gut drying, but EVERY single time I try to dry gut, it says I do not have the materials necessary. (Something about GUT-PRODUCING MAT MEAT)
It worked the first time I started using this mod, and now it does not. This sucks because i can't make a backpack (started as a human outsider). I can't buy a backpack unless I have money, and I can't carry money unless I have a backpack, so I pretty much can't enter into this cycle at any point.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 01, 2011, 11:13:59 am »

you can only get gut thread from a few things, badgers and wolfs work for sure i know, you have to have there intestines and the scraper in your hands or on the ground below you
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2011, 01:40:04 pm »

Anything with a creature variation should produce the gut material - have you edited the creature raws at all?

Thank you for the heads-up on the flaming issue, Xotano. I'll try to reproduce it and come up with a slightly different fix, for a few reasons.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 04, 2011, 05:08:48 am »

ah, well you can add burning equipment into arena and for some reason i was starting half+ of my adventures with burning stuff and any time i went to a fort there seemed to be at least 2 guys with a burning shield that slowly died and then i looted there stuff

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 21, 2011, 04:38:17 pm »

I would much like the ability to make bags. Containers have restrictions in how many items can be put in them, so I've been cheating by having a few bags in my backpack and storing items in those. Also helps me keep my inventory somewhat sorted. I suppose I could just use backpacks for the same effect, but bags feel neater somehow.

Also, it seems that not all gut can be dried into gut thread. Large land animals work, but fish, for instance, don't. Is this intentional, or an oversight?

Also also, the "make gloves" reaction seems to make low boots instead.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 05:12:39 pm by Soadreqm »

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 21, 2011, 07:13:07 pm »

I would much like the ability to make bags. Containers have restrictions in how many items can be put in them, so I've been cheating by having a few bags in my backpack and storing items in those. Also helps me keep my inventory somewhat sorted. I suppose I could just use backpacks for the same effect, but bags feel neater somehow.

Great minds think alike, I just did that.  For the same reasons, no less. 

Please note the [PRODUCT] is a BOX, not a BAG.  If you use leather or cloth, it'll be a bag.  As such, there are two different reactions.  Trying to use BAG led to crashes.  Had to consult the wiki.

Unfortunately, one cannot use for reactions items that are in a bag on the ground, although one *can* get an item from a bag on the ground.  Thus defeating half of the purpose.  I keep all of my crafting supplies in separate bags, so that I can drop the whole bag at once.  Still saves a few key punches, but gripe-gripe, anyway.  :)

Also, Lofn, in addition to these, I come bearing another gift:  gem cutting.

I see all those large gems in the stores, but not one stinking rupee with which to decorate my *steel shield*.  So, now one can take one large gem, a simple hammer, and an awl (see below), and produce four small gems.  It's quite nice, and fully tested. 

The awl: 

Also, as skirts ought to be easier to produce in the field than pants, I included a few extra clothing reactions:

I do hope that you find these worthy of the next release of your mod.  Thanks for a great experience!

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #220 on: September 22, 2011, 10:55:06 am »

Great minds think alike, I just did that.  For the same reasons, no less. 
[snip]
I do hope that you find these worthy of the next release of your mod.  Thanks for a great experience!

For sure - thanks for posting these, I've added them wholesale to my scratch pad. I'll probably just rename the already existing needle item an awl and tweak your reactions, since they are very similar objects. It's really nice when people post reactions they'd like to see, so thank you again for posting them. :D

I have enough changes and fixes cobbled together to justify a release, I suppose, but I was going to wait for the next version - should I just post what I have?
Also known as Zuhayr.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 22, 2011, 11:39:56 am »

might as well, no one really knows when the next version is comin out.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 22, 2011, 11:48:50 am »

...pretty please?

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 22, 2011, 01:11:23 pm »

Awesome!  Glad I could help.  I cannot tell you how much it excites me that I can go delving into a cave, pick up a bunch of giant cave spider webs, tackle a few giant moles and skin' em, take all the resources I harvest therefrom back to the nearest town, and produce a bunch of clothes and bone armor to sell at a general store.  Then, go buy some cheap copper weapons to melt down and make my own arrowheads/spearheads/reinforced armor.  And being ambushed by bandits is now a joy!  SO MUCH METAL...  Also, I made a reaction to melt down metal shields:

Forgot to include that one.  Further armor pieces might be trickier, so weapons, breastplates, and shields will suffice.  May mod in metal crafts, but I sadly cannot justify allowing my adventurer to forge a full shirt of mail without a proper forge and tools.  Poo!  :P

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2011, 02:49:05 pm »

There's a small issue with that one, I'll just note it in case you're using it for your own mods and end up getting errors - the product material reagent should be referred to as 'shield' rather than 'weapon'.

EDIT: bundling up the files now. I've been messing with structure a bit, so it may take me a few hours to sort it all out and write a readme while grinding mobs on a MUD I play. >.>
Also known as Zuhayr.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27