Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 106082 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.
« Reply #285 on: March 02, 2012, 08:06:20 am »

Only if you manage to embed it in the target, otherwise the item just vanishes, unfortunately.
aw too bad, why not make the poisoning from it slightly more bad so it might be possibly fatal, that or make it make people hate you for some reason, would be FUN :D

only thing i can think making people hate you is turning you into a zombie of some sort and thats more of an advantage then a disadvantage sadly.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #286 on: March 02, 2012, 08:46:47 am »

Would anyone object to feathers being used solely as decorations? Do people use them for clothing?
Also known as Zuhayr.

Shadowscales

• Bay Watcher
  • rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 02, 2012, 10:26:29 am »

Errr... with many bone objects you can infinite loop craft as they only require something made from bone!
This gives you an exploit, which trains your bone-crafting skill!
Welcome to the fold, the weirdos are in that corner, and that one, and those two. And in the middle too, we're all weirdos in the Furry Fandom

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 02, 2012, 06:17:50 pm »

Would anyone object to feathers being used solely as decorations? Do people use them for clothing?

I've used them for clothing. I guess I could just go with giant eagle leather or whatever and pretend the feathers are still on it.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 03, 2012, 08:11:35 am »

if its used for decorations you can put it onto your "giant eagle leather or whatever" and it will have feathers anyways :P
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 03, 2012, 10:02:46 am »

It makes a lot more sense, doesn't it?

I mean, I've been making vulture feather backpacks all the time, but it always seemed kind of silly to me.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 03, 2012, 11:06:26 am »

It makes a lot more sense, doesn't it?

I mean, I've been making vulture feather backpacks all the time, but it always seemed kind of silly to me.

agreed, making clothes out of feathers sounds silly, using them to decorate clothes sounds a lot better.

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 08, 2012, 01:17:02 am »

You can have the chance to craft any artifact?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #293 on: March 09, 2012, 02:06:09 am »

Not possible, unfortunately.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 23, 2012, 10:27:14 am »

When do you think you'll have this updated for 34.06?
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 24, 2012, 08:06:40 pm »

When do you think you'll have this updated for 34.06?

I've got it running in 34.06 without any issues.

Incidentally, I finally got around to trying this with my typical outsider start, and I love it! Took down a hydra, and I've had more fun making a bunch of stuff than if I had run off to kill something else.

Incidentally, this is probably already known, but it is much better to lop off a bunch of limbs, as you can apparently only get a single piece of raw hide or scale from each "corpse", regardless of whether it came from an intact megabeast or the mutilated leg of a saltwater crocodile.

Incidentally, I'm assuming that barrels prevent food rot similar to the way they're used in fortress mode? Looks like I've got a crapload of barrels to make...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 25, 2012, 07:14:10 pm »

Am I going to have to make a new adventurer... or a new world?

Would also write the readme a bit more.. friendlier for people who don't know exactly where the entity raws are.
I had to do a Windows search for "[PERMITTED_REACTION" in the DF folder to even know what to add it to.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:30:09 am by RabblerouserGT »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 30, 2012, 12:41:31 pm »

I assumed that the new tags in the raws that were added because of the training change would be overwritten by the raws in WF.
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 30, 2012, 03:39:43 pm »

I assumed that the new tags in the raws that were added because of the training change would be overwritten by the raws in WF.

That would depend on where they were added. I haven't gotten too deep into the functionality of Wander's Friend too much beyond adding some new adventure mode reactions. One thing that I probably should have noted is that I am only playing with the adventure mode changes; I never copied over the fortress mode changes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #299 on: March 30, 2012, 09:13:43 pm »

I'll update the creature raws and whatnot this evening. I've just finished getting settled from an interstate move, and this afternoon I'm getting to ride in a biplane, but after I get back it'll be my first priority.
Also known as Zuhayr.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27