Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 90938 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 62: Stonewall]
« Reply #990 on: March 06, 2011, 03:15:48 am »

Ask the two small'uns if they know what happened, while looking to see if anything else had been here recently
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 06, 2011, 04:31:14 am »

Try some simple fire magic, maybe something like a general heating of the demons, and then raining ice down apon them.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 06, 2011, 11:18:27 am »

Demons? What demons?!

I fire poison bolts at the Demons I didn't know we were fighting
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 06, 2011, 11:39:47 am »

Apparently no one wants to loot their own corpses.

[ ][ ] I have investigated the green thing! Now investigate the patchy bear at full speed! I tell the nice bear that I didn't see, but something really exciting happened here. Then we all go search the excitmentfield.

I almost compiled a complete description of the battlefield here, but I realized we probably can't look for specific items and in specific places the characters have never seen anyway.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 06, 2011, 12:01:46 pm »

Cure Serious Wounds on Nathan.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 06, 2011, 01:23:54 pm »

Apparently no one wants to loot their own corpses.
I didn't have too much that I don't already have again. Though you bring up a point. I'll loot my corpse sometime, though it'll be kinda awkward for my guy. Hopefully the Shield of the Gods is still on me and the gods will let me have it again.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 06, 2011, 05:41:17 pm »

Demons? What demons?!

Paranatural's expert reagent-gathering skills located some. :P

I would have mentioned them at the bottom, but I completely forgot about them also. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 06, 2011, 05:56:56 pm »

Cast Overgrowth, because it is an awesome spell.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 06, 2011, 09:34:00 pm »

Commence pummeling the demons with my awesome stone arms.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 06, 2011, 11:12:13 pm »

The spirit tries to awaken my sanity once again.

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 12, 2011, 10:10:43 pm »

Continue investigating site.

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 15, 2011, 11:33:18 pm »

Hey, Irony, time for your anti-procrastination bump.

Bump.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 16, 2011, 02:33:39 am »

Indeed it is. Should have a new turn within a few days, leaning towards sooner rather than later.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 18, 2011, 07:50:11 pm »

Turn 63: Lil' Ditzes

Quote from: iceball3
Go hysterical at my failure and begin dancing with the rock that is splattered with my blood.
[5][Luck 4] You do a very convincing, very crazy dance with a bloody rock. You're not sure what this is supposed to accomplish, but it certainly looks interesting.

Quote from: Tarran
Charge the demons while shouting various more-evil-than-demon words.
[3+2] vs [3] You vehemently hack down one of the demons, and notice there's only four remaining. The rest seem to have retreated behind the rocks.
+2 Swords

Quote from: wolfchild
Ask the two small'uns if they know what happened, while looking to see if anything else had been here recently
[3][Luck 4] Well... there was clearly something here, but the carnage seems to have obscured any real clues as to what. Judging by the undead-looking corpse over there, though, you'd assume people or former people were involved in some of it.

You also get the feeling this particular catastrophe wasn't necessarily a quick one; it's likely one side or the other was able to flee from whatever happened.

Quote from: Ochita
Try some simple fire magic, maybe something like a general heating of the demons, and then raining ice down apon them.
Quote from: Flagrarus
Cast Overgrowth, because it is an awesome spell.
Quote from: HmH
The spirit tries to awaken my sanity once again.
[5][1][2] Ochita seizes control!

[4-1][Luck 6] Your attempts at freeze-cracking the demons mostly fails, but you manage to give off enough steam to impair the vision of the one you were targeting. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.
+4 Fire

Quote from: Dwarmin
[2][Luck 1] You attempt to poison bolt several demons at once, but instead poison just one kobold. Mildly, but still.
Mildly poisoned.

Quote from: Nivm
[ ][ ] I have investigated the green thing! Now investigate the patchy bear at full speed! I tell the nice bear that I didn't see, but something really exciting happened here. Then we all go search the excitmentfield.
[1][Luck 1] You fall down into a trench, again.

This time, however, you fall all the way down. This isn't just a patch of rent earth; this is one of the arms of a massive hole in the battlefield. You get hurt in the fall, and smell something strange down here.

...spinach, maybe?

Anyway, it's open to the air, but rather deep, meaning it's kind of dark. You could probably climb back up with difficulty (or help), or you could try following the trench into the center. You have no idea what could be down there, however.
Take moderate damage, now Moderately Wounded.

Quote from: Frelock
Cure Serious Wounds on Nathan.
[2+1][Luck 1] You injure him instead, much to your chagrin. You don't quite (re)kill him, however, so that's nice.
Nathan takes light damage, now CRITICALLY WOUNDED!
+1 Necromancy

Quote from: Paranatural
Commence pummeling the demons with my awesome stone arms.
[1-1] vs [2] The demon hops to the side of your ponderous attack, raking at you with its claws. They slide uselessly off the very arms you tried to kill it with, however.

Quote from: Asilidae
Continue investigating site.
[1][Luck 5] You get distracted by shiny noises in the distance.

...followed by a handful of very dim, but still somewhat colorful lights in the sky. You're not sure what exactly is causing it, but it seems pretty unusual. Maybe a battle between magic-happy combatants? Some of those sounds are pretty weird, even for being warped by distance.

The handful of demons continue attacking the party, which mostly means Sargoth.
[4][6][6] vs [3][3][4] Their assault is ferocious, but Sargoth's stone-clad arms hold them off admirably. Only one manages a slight injury on him.
Sargoth takes minor damage, now Lightly Wounded.

The last assaults the wall again. [2] It once again proves inept at the effort.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Smoggle (Asilidae) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lischi (Nivm) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarren (Tarran) (click to show/hide)

So, I really thought we weren't going to have a two-week delay between updates again.

Feel free to prod me sooner next time.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 63: Lil' Ditzes]
« Reply #1004 on: March 18, 2011, 07:53:07 pm »

Try to sever the demons life with my necromancy skills, but keep the body.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 70