Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 90949 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 61: Dodging Responsibility]
« Reply #975 on: February 27, 2011, 11:51:37 pm »

Just practice necromancy.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: February 28, 2011, 04:20:23 am »

These demons may not be the monsters we think they are, but whatever, let's at least kill the one that attacked Sargoth.

Seeking Brambles!
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 28, 2011, 11:38:37 am »

Cast Stonefist on myself, and use my stony arm to guard myself.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 28, 2011, 12:42:15 pm »

Pray to the gods of mind and sanity.
"My brain's been acting weird after a power outage. I just saw a giant undead chicken rise from the ground, then fall apart, then that huge toad appeared out of nowhere. Now I want to kill somebody and my hands draw runes by themselves. PLEASE HELP"

kaikai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 28, 2011, 07:12:26 pm »

This sounds really interesting. It's my first time playing RTD but after reading the entire forum i think i got a decent grasp of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kind of going over board with my first RTD, I even made a back story! I can save it for character/story development or i can post it.

Let me know if i need to change something if all's fine add me to waitlist!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:23:31 pm by kaikai »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 28, 2011, 07:30:03 pm »

I'll have to think about the exact details, but overall it looks good. I'm sure your fleshwarping Frankenstein-style mad scientist will fit right in. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 28, 2011, 07:34:55 pm »

Yes, because this group is taking the path of EVILNESS quite quickly.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

kaikai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 28, 2011, 08:26:21 pm »

I'll have to think about the exact details, but overall it looks good. I'm sure your fleshwarping Frankenstein-style mad scientist will fit right in. :P

I am going for more of Franken Fran  ;)

But maybe a little more "humanity"

Edit: Just wondering how to i make the spoiler easier to read, because when i look at it the font is too small and annoying... also the message scroll to the right instead of down
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:30:01 pm by kaikai »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 28, 2011, 08:32:23 pm »

Hm, I'd just take it out of the code block but leave it in the spoiler. I'm not sure if there's a way to force it to have a sidescroll bar.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kaikai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 28, 2011, 10:05:17 pm »

K, decided I spend too much effort not to post my back story, read the block of text if you like...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:09:42 pm by kaikai »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 04, 2011, 12:16:24 am »

You made the willful decision to put what you believe is too much effort into your character's backstory...that implies it was the choice between two evils, and this was choosing the lesser?

[ ][ ] My stick isn't stuck! Pull self out with stick and investigate the wondrous pile of clothing and green stuff. What is it? "Who are you?" Blink furiously to figure out where I'm looking at it from.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 05, 2011, 08:48:27 pm »

Introduce self to human and explain that I'm looking for a way to stop the demons and am not suspicious at all.

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 05, 2011, 10:05:53 pm »

Turn 62: Stonewall

Ochita: [1]
Flagro: [6]
"Nathan": [4]
Ochita's runecrafting attempts are foiled as his body shambles off to attack demons.

Quote from: Tarran
Read my necromancy book while waiting for Ochita.
[4][Luck 3] You flip to a section on battle magic, but it mostly just talks about how necromancy is good at inflicting pain.

Quote from: iceball3
I begin trying to make a teleporter stone, which is a rock that I could teleport to at will. I bind it so only I can use it.
[3][Luck 2] It occurs to you that making a stone like that is probably beyond your current skill.

Quote from: Dwarmin
I try to learn some water magic!
[6-1][Luck 6] You fire off a beautiful, if perhaps excessive, bolt of frost at one of the demons, freezing it solid and knocking it back.
+6 Water Magic

Quote from: wolfchild
Imbue myself with the scent of a wolf, and go find the peonple damnit
[3+1][Luck 2] You don't quite channel the energies right, and end up sneezing a lot. [4-1][Luck 5] Despite this, you manage to get back to the battlefield and find a little girl and a littler goblin.

Quote from: Frelock
Just practice necromancy.
[1+1][Luck 2] Necromancy is harder than it looks, apparently.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Seeking Brambles!
[2+2][Luck 1] The seeds burst into thorny vines in your hand, wrapping around you and forming a crude wall.
+2 Plants
Take moderate damage, now Critically Damaged.
Restrained by brambles.

Quote from: Paranatural
Cast Stonefist on myself, and use my stony arm to guard myself.
[4+1][Luck 6] You encase your arms in stone, rendering them rather awkward but also fairly impenetrable. You'd like to see the demons damage you through this.
+5 Earth Magic

Quote from: HmH
Pray to the gods of mind and sanity.
[1][Luck 3] In your ravening insane state, you snarl viciously at the gods of sanity. Not much seems to happen.

Quote from: Nivm
[ ][ ] My stick isn't stuck! Pull self out with stick and investigate the wondrous pile of clothing and green stuff. What is it? "Who are you?" Blink furiously to figure out where I'm looking at it from.
[6][Luck 6] You launch yourself clear out of the crack and onto some soft padding. Oh, that's the green thing again. Who knew levers could amplify force so well?

Quote from: Asilidae
Introduce self to human and explain that I'm looking for a way to stop the demons and am not suspicious at all.
[3][Luck 2] You seem kinda shifty. Then again, she's the one who keeps tripping over and landing on you.

Most of the demons vanish behind whatever rocks they started near, but a group of five charge the group. This largely means charging Sargoth, as the wall of brambles centered on Nathan blocks them from everyone else.
Demon Attack: [1][4][3] vs [4][6][3] Sargoth roughs up two of them and parries the third.
Demon Wall Demolition: [5][2] One expertly bursts through, while the other fails to make any progress.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Smoggle (Asilidae) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lischi (Nivm) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarren (Tarran) (click to show/hide)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 62: Stonewall]
« Reply #988 on: March 05, 2011, 10:08:25 pm »

Go hysterical at my failure and begin dancing with the rock that is splattered with my blood.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 62: Stonewall]
« Reply #989 on: March 05, 2011, 10:08:59 pm »

Charge the demons while shouting various more-evil-than-demon words.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 70