Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 90970 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [NO ESCAPE.]
« Reply #915 on: January 22, 2011, 10:48:35 pm »

Okay, we take frelocks body

Take frelocks body and run away!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 23, 2011, 01:54:10 am »

Nathan doesn't interfere.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 23, 2011, 05:59:22 pm »

So, after a bit of discussion;
Secondary: Earth→Medium Trekking (innate?)

[ ][ ] Say hello to the girl in the mini castle in the wasteland and ask if she can pull me up so we can talk easier. Use stick to help climbing.
Code: [Select]
  _
 / \____
 \ /    \
?|!|     |
 | |>____|
 \_______/
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 23, 2011, 09:35:48 pm »

Turn 58: Wretched Vermin!

Quote from: iceball3
Bah, I give up. Just run away from the damn lizard thing and rest to heal.
[2] vs [1] You sort of stumble off. The thing sort of gets stuck on the runes. I guess you rest then too.

Tactical plan: retrograde maneuver!
[1] vs [5] You narrowly dodge a writhing vine, only to realize a few moments later that you've been turned around and were running towards the plant.

Oh no.

Quote from: Frelock
Regain consciousness and mass cure moderate wounds
[2][Luck 2] You do not sleep easy. You certainly do not wake up.

Quote from: Ochita
Take frelocks body and run away!
[3][Luck 4] You grab Fre's arms and sort of hoist him under your own. Eh, it'll do. [6] vs [5] You very narrowly escape.

The plant lashes out at the last remaining target. [1] vs [4] Dwareet'ik's extreme cowardice saves him from latching onto the plant's vines.

[2] vs [4] Dwareet'ik's valiant cowardice fails him again.

[1] vs [6] The plant's valiant thrashings fail it again.

[6] vs [2] At long last, Dwareet'ik scrabbles over the plant's ineptly thrashing vines, disappearing into the dust and confusion like the cowardly vermin he is.

Secret: [1][Luck 1]

For expediency's sake, I'll assume a corpse, a kobold, and a priest walk into a bar, rest fully, and consider what to do next. There's also an earth mage in the corner, I guess.

Also [4][Luck 5], Nathan's possessions are fine, despite him being a smoldering corpse. In fact, his constantly-wet robes dampened most of the smoldering part.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Alright, so a few things.

One, I'm retconning RNG's demon ambush. The idea was to expedite things, but if he's going to be indisposed for a while anyway, there's no real point autopiloting him at all.

Two, I am amused to report that if Dwarmin had stood his ground and gotten the same rolls, he likely would have been able to defeat the plant using nothing but his teeth to counter. Of course, if his first action had been attacking he would have been countered and died instantly, so that's really only useful if you're psychic.

Third, I've reluctantly decided not to award Dwarmin experience in the Coward skill, a kobold-only skill used for fleeing battles. I've decided not to create a Disengage or similar skill because I think it'd be too powerful. Right now it's a pain to duck out of a battle you don't like, as it should be.

Moving on to more universally relevant matters:

I'd like to add new characters, but I haven't statted them up yet. Oops. Working on it.

I'm working on rewriting the OP to actually be useful. Someday in the near future you might be able to tell that rolling high despite a penalty gives more experience than rolling low despite a bonus, or know something about melee combat other than that you get a bonus sometimes to some things.

I'm reworking various systems. Alchemy in particular is a wretched failure at the moment, weapon and armor values are inconsistent, and I might add a school or two.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:38:54 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 58: Wretched Vermin!]
« Reply #919 on: January 23, 2011, 09:39:52 pm »

Practice a little with necromancy, make a rune of growing decay
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 23, 2011, 11:02:19 pm »

Have tea with the gods. [/notseriousaction]
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 23, 2011, 11:45:50 pm »

I practice my spirit magic by making Ochita's eyes SUPERNATURALLY ACUTE
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 23, 2011, 11:51:14 pm »

You mean the eyes of Nathochirgo the Tripossessed Shambling Abomination?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 23, 2011, 11:53:13 pm »

You mean the eyes of Nathochirgo the Tripossessed Shambling Abomination?

Yes, all of them.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 24, 2011, 12:45:50 am »

I use necromancy to try to raise a very basic zombie from a graveyard somewhere.

We need some more bodies for you guys to transfer into.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 24, 2011, 04:29:48 am »

The spirit tries to wake up Nathan's mind, now purposefully, out of fear before the new arrivals.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #926 on: January 24, 2011, 04:55:19 am »

Begin for looking signs of civilization. Or a tree. If I find a tree, try to improvise my rune of anti-clinging to create a rune of deconstruction on it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 24, 2011, 07:56:32 am »

Replacement Character

Name: Kayl Ordsea
Major Skill: Beast Shamanism
Minor skill: Berserker Fighting
Equipment: 1 HUGE Axe, 2 Hatchets, Anchient, ornate and servicable but combletely non-magical Claymore, Crude Hide Clothing/armour, Reasonable amount of water and food, Bear Fur blanket
Background: While growing up as a civilised lad, Kayl never realy fit in, he would always get into fights and refused outriht the idea of "Book Learning", One day he just left, the next anyone knew of him, he as a tall wild haired man, vicious looking some might say. He had found A pair of monstrous weapons and looked like he was ready to use them. Worst of all however he seemed to be more animal than human, this didnt stop him from acting like the man he was, but everyone saw it, under the surface.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 24, 2011, 08:52:25 am »

Try to form some kind of map of our surroundings in my head from everything I've seen since I left the fortress to find the others.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 29, 2011, 04:52:03 pm »

Hey, I decided to change my character, I hope that isn't too much of a pain.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 05:06:16 pm by Asilidae »

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 70